Philosoblog

Anything and all things

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Philosoblog

#701  Postby BWE » Dec 17, 2017 11:34 pm

you stumped me there.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2375

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Philosoblog

#702  Postby jamest » Dec 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
BWE wrote:Seriously? You accuse me of word salad and then write that?


Don't blame me for your predicament. I've done all I can to take your (claimed) etiology into account. Just answer my fucking question: What is it you suppose happens when people "share subjective values"? Are we going to go into more conniptions about receptions and transmissions? What a lark!

More significantly, why don't you just beg off from judging what other people write, claiming (again) your delicate condition?

This conversation is just delicious.

You want to know what happens when people share subjective values? I'll tell ya...

1) Tribes form, with leaders.
2) Bigger tribes form, with leaders.
3) Even bigger tribes form, with leaders.
4) Even bigger... etc..
5) Our tribe is now big enough to state what is objective.

Your attitude towards BWE concerning subjective attitudes is a fucking joke, as you yourself - that is, your 'philosophy' - is a fucking joke considering that 'you' are a parrot of tribe 5.

REASON pulls the rug from under any smart idea, and yours just aren't smart enough, even when clouded and/or shrouded with intelligent-sounding rhetoric. In fact, this reliance upon how intelligent your bollocks appears is the very thing which leads you into a cul-de-sac when someone smart-enough to figure-you-out appears on the stage.

Stop talking bollocks, squire. Especially, stop talking bollocks in my beloved philsophy forum and pretending that you have contributed something worthwhile, philosophically.

You have never served to provide anything here other than of values one might associate with Socrates. Yet, at least, in Plato's eye he made himself clear.

Also clear is that subjective values are of significance. Read your history books, or else the FUA here, for instance.

Also clear is that there are two distinct meanings of the notion of 'objective truth'. It is an objective fact, for instance, that you could buy broccoli in my local Aldi supermarket today for £0.29. Just as it's an objective fact that 'jamest' currently resides at a specific address on the south coast of England. These are sciencey-type objective facts. However, here in the philosophy forum we don't give a fuck about broccoli and jamest's address. Nay, we're more concerned with much-more profound questions, as you know.

So, the bottom-line I guess, is please desist from bastardizing the English language in this philosophy forum whilst I continue to be a member here. It's pissing me off, because you continue to do it, regardless.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 17328
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#703  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 18, 2017 12:28 am

At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Charley
Posts: 9950
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#704  Postby BWE » Dec 18, 2017 12:34 am

LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?

What makes an idealist position fun for me is that it has no obvious pragmatic import. We could be turbulence in a dog fart and it would be no different than if we were turbulence in the sleep patterns of a roving deity.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2375

Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#705  Postby jamest » Dec 18, 2017 1:02 am

LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?

At the point when one realises that there is only one mind, then the term 'subjective truth' becomes obsolete.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 17328
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#706  Postby BWE » Dec 18, 2017 1:18 am

jamest wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?

At the point when one realises that there is only one mind, then the term 'subjective truth' becomes obsolete.

At the point when we actually drop our beliefs in gods, objective truth as a category will engulf what we once considered subjective.

That or the other way around. Either way, the only given is the senses.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2375

Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#707  Postby jamest » Dec 18, 2017 1:33 am

BWE wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?

What makes an idealist position fun for me is that it has no obvious pragmatic import.

You should weigh the value of that fun in the light of your own subjectiveness and values thereof. There was a time, for instance, when it was fun to listen to those sort of people who gave birth to The Renaissanse. Until it threatened the status quo. Initially, all fun and games, eventually war.

I dont like your arrogant attitude. You can shove it up your arse, in fact. I have zero respect for any such authority. That includes Queen Elizabeth II, Donald Trump, Caesar, Abraham fuckin' Lincoln, and your good self of course.

There are only a small handful of people out of the masses who make change worthy. Whilst tickling the balls of Trump and Darwin, or whomever, consider yourself nothing other than a vassal to the current bollocks.

You seem like a decent and genuine bloke, in that you seem sincere. That's why I give you no grief, generally. But tonight you said something soooo abhorrent to me that I must now pluck the coloured feathers from your wings. Nothing personnal. It's just metaphysical business.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 17328
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Philosoblog

#708  Postby jamest » Dec 18, 2017 1:36 am

BWE wrote:
jamest wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?

At the point when one realises that there is only one mind, then the term 'subjective truth' becomes obsolete.

At the point when we actually drop our beliefs in gods, objective truth as a category will engulf what we once considered subjective.

That or the other way around. Either way, the only given is the senses.

View my avatar, as I am. There you are.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 17328
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#709  Postby BWE » Dec 18, 2017 1:56 am

jamest wrote:
BWE wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?

What makes an idealist position fun for me is that it has no obvious pragmatic import.

You should weigh the value of that fun in the light of your own subjectiveness and values thereof. There was a time, for instance, when it was fun to listen to those sort of people who gave birth to The Renaissanse. Until it threatened the status quo. Initially, all fun and games, eventually war.

I dont like your arrogant attitude. You can shove it up your arse, in fact. I have zero respect for any such authority. That includes Queen Elizabeth II, Donald Trump, Caesar, Abraham fuckin' Lincoln, and your good self of course.

There are only a small handful of people out of the masses who make change worthy. Whilst tickling the balls of Trump and Darwin, or whomever, consider yourself nothing other than a vassal to the current bollocks.

You seem like a decent and genuine bloke, in that you seem sincere. That's why I give you no grief, generally. But tonight you said something soooo abhorrent to me that I must now pluck the coloured feathers from your wings. Nothing personnal. It's just metaphysical business.

My arrogant attitude seems like it keeps coming back at me even when I don't notice myself projecting it. However, your statement about subjectivity seemed off the cuff so I responded in kind. Was I wrong about your statement?

At any rate, subjective and objective is a massively tangles issue, I'll grant you that without asking for any explanation.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2375

Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#710  Postby jamest » Dec 18, 2017 2:07 am

BWE wrote:
jamest wrote:
BWE wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?

What makes an idealist position fun for me is that it has no obvious pragmatic import.

You should weigh the value of that fun in the light of your own subjectiveness and values thereof. There was a time, for instance, when it was fun to listen to those sort of people who gave birth to The Renaissanse. Until it threatened the status quo. Initially, all fun and games, eventually war.

I dont like your arrogant attitude. You can shove it up your arse, in fact. I have zero respect for any such authority. That includes Queen Elizabeth II, Donald Trump, Caesar, Abraham fuckin' Lincoln, and your good self of course.

There are only a small handful of people out of the masses who make change worthy. Whilst tickling the balls of Trump and Darwin, or whomever, consider yourself nothing other than a vassal to the current bollocks.

You seem like a decent and genuine bloke, in that you seem sincere. That's why I give you no grief, generally. But tonight you said something soooo abhorrent to me that I must now pluck the coloured feathers from your wings. Nothing personnal. It's just metaphysical business.

My arrogant attitude seems like it keeps coming back at me even when I don't notice myself projecting it. However, your statement about subjectivity seemed off the cuff so I responded in kind. Was I wrong about your statement?

At any rate, subjective and objective is a massively tangles issue, I'll grant you that without asking for any explanation.

You're wrong about the whole shebang. Emphasis full-stop. You're a decent soul though, I suspect, in that you wouldn't want to have me tortured for my beliefs. Unlike some of your philosophical-compatriots here. As I implied, 'you' are not my enemy here.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 17328
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#711  Postby BWE » Dec 18, 2017 3:01 am

I don't have any enemies that I know of. And you are right, I do not want to see you tortured for your beliefs. Although, if you believe them too strongly, you might torture yourself for them.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2375

Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#712  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 18, 2017 5:35 am

LucidFlight wrote:At a metaphysical level, are these so-called objective truths of physical reality merely orchestrations of the subjective mind of God?


At this time, I'd like to express my solidarity with rock. I'm a big fan of the stones. An alluvial fan, even.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Ivar Poäng
Posts: 26756
Age: 22
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Philosoblog

#713  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 18, 2017 8:20 am

jamest, out of curiosity and as perhaps a thought experiment, if you found yourself born into the British royal family, say, successor to the throne, do you feel you would have the same thoughts as you do today and how might you go about relinquishing yourself of your inherited authority?

Also, who, in you opinion, might be included in the small handful of people out of the masses who make change worthy? I am genuinely interested to hear your thoughts.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Charley
Posts: 9950
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests