The final social revolution

... has nothing to do with science

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: The final social revolution

#81  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 19, 2019 2:47 am

jamest wrote:
I do what I do because of its shock value, with the hope that it will make the responder THINK.

Either the technique sucks, or you suck at it, because it never works. I can pretty much guarantee you've never actually shocked anyone into thinking more deeply about anything you've said, because there isn't any depth to any of it.

I don't know if anyone will ever truly understand me, but the bottom line is that you cannot judge me until you comprehend where I'm coming from, because I'm certainly not coming from the same gaff as anyone here.

Everyone gets you just fine. You like to babble about nothing and pretend it's some grand philosophy. You don't even seem to understand that you aren't saying anything, because you never bother to really think it out, which is why you never expand on any of your "ideas", invariably abandoning them after the OP and instead spending the rest of the thread focusing on how offended you are by people's responses and how great and misunderstood you are. The only way you can frame this in a positive light, in a way that soothes your ego, is to pound your chest and declare than nobody sees what you post for what it actually is.

And the cycle will continue -- you'll ignore the truth of everything I said and focus on how much it offends you, lashing out like a wounded animal until you get too tired and run away, only to start the cycle again with another OP filled with mindless wibblings about absolutely nothing. If we're really lucky, you might complain about how you're looking for authenticity and honesty, somehow completely missing that what I've said couldn't be more honest and to the point.

In contrast, you took offense to this from Thommo:

I took offense to nothing, other than

So you took offense to something, then.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby jamest » Mar 19, 2019 3:18 am

I want to find someone I can discuss these things with within the parameters of actually taking me seriously, before I die.

You don't appear to be that person. Therefore, goodbye.

Btw, I enjoyed the banter. Best wishes, squire.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#83  Postby scott1328 » Mar 19, 2019 3:26 am

I foresee another month long vacation for someone.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#84  Postby OlivierK » Mar 19, 2019 4:29 am

jamest wrote:Individuals who challenge the status quo have little if any chance here. They get ganged upon.

Individuals who take a position contrary to that of the majority find that a majority of people express disagreement with that contrarian position? Say it isn't so!

Anyway, James, your OP boils down to:

Premise: If there was a social revolution that erased individual minds, it would be final, as there's no society without individual minds.

Conclusion: Such a revolution must necessarily occur.

What's missing (as usual) is an actual argument. Given that the premise is tautological, and the conclusion appears false, I'd imagine that a valid argument will be a long time coming (but based on experience, I'm sure an invalid argument will be along shortly, with a side serve of personal abuse for good measure :roll: .)
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Spinozasgalt » Mar 19, 2019 5:23 am

jamest wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:
jamest wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:
Can you believe that you wrote this initially and have now spent every other post complaining about perceived slights against the messenger?

I can.

I'm not protecting the messenger, I'm trying to protect its ability to produce more messages.

What I see here is the final solution event for jamest. What that will mean is that you lot won't receive more messages.

You lot need more messages.

I don't think so. You just got through calling people "numpties", referred to Thommo as "Donald" and called him a "fucking hypocrite". You know that insults like these risk putting you over the line and yet you persisted with them.

I do what I do because of its shock value, with the hope that it will make the responder THINK. You're probably one of the most liked people here, for instance, yet I did the same thing with you. Just trying to drag you up from your essentially Essex values. YOU took offence, where none was intended. As human beings go, as far as my online perceptions go, you're about as nice as anyone gets. I'm sure the members here will agree with that, if nothing else.

The truth is, I'm not offended by anything anyone wants to be, I just want them to be more than that. So yes, inevitably, I was going to call you out for your finite opinion of yourself. Yes, you're wonderful and witty and you probably look great in your high heels, but from my perspective it doesn't matter, just as ANY physical trait doesn't matter or any mental trait built upon said foundations doesn't matter.

I'm an idealist ffs, so why can't you understand that I'm not slagging 'you' off by appealing to a greater vision of yourself?

I don't know if anyone will ever truly understand me, but the bottom line is that you cannot judge me until you comprehend where I'm coming from, because I'm certainly not coming from the same gaff as anyone here.

In contrast, you took offense to this from Thommo:

I took offense to nothing, other than his corrupt attempt to undermine my capacity to post here. That's what I'm resisting, nothing else.

jamest has been thoroughly abused for two decades. Drunk, mental case, murdererous, idiot, retard, the lot. Seriously, within the scope of two decades of abuse from much nastier people than the likes of Thommo and yourself, don't you think it's about time that you read responses via jamest with that in mind?

The clue resides within his philosophy. Whether you believe his philosophy is besides the point. The point is that 'he' does.

KNOW thine enemy.

I don't think you understand, jamest. "It doesn't really matter to 'me', as the messenger is not important. At all." constitutes a standard you've set for yourself. You failed to live up to it from post 44 onwards, where you dismissed Thommo's criticisms on no other basis than that you misperceived a personal slight against yourself, the messenger:
jamest wrote:Since my last response, about three days ago, there has been nothing significant and serious/relevant enough to respond to. I include on that list Thommo's post (32) on page 2, which was worthy of a reply until his last paragraph when suddenly he seemed to be accusing me of being a right-wing extremist. Wtf. So, room 101 for that shit.

And so, you're all mystified by my silence, really!?! :nono:

You failed the first time to characterise this as something other than taking offense. Now, you've posted a confused and rambling response that just psychologises me and attempts a "no, you!" But this latter strategy won't work, because the standard you set applies only to yourself.

You've failed to live up to your standard. And in so far as this is a standard stipulated by your philosophy, you've failed to live up to your philosophy.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Spinozasgalt » Mar 19, 2019 5:29 am

jamest wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:It's midday here, by the way. I'm not going to bed yet. :shifty:

Dawn breaks when the mind wakes
To these high stakes of truth or null
Outta your skull must the devil be raked
Therefore, mull, lest your soul be baked

When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Hermit » Mar 19, 2019 5:34 am

jamest wrote:I want to find someone I can discuss these things with within the parameters of actually taking me seriously, before I die.

The chance of me taking your opening post seriously equals the chance of me taking Dennis Markuze, who currently maintains his own, longlived thread under the alias of 'superuniverse' seriously, and for the same reason.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#88  Postby BWE » Mar 19, 2019 5:52 am

jamest wrote:
Macdoc wrote:wonder your mind altering substance of choice is ? :scratch: :coffee:

My mind altering substance of choice is reason, squire.

Mine is LSD
BWE

Print view this post

#89  Postby Macdoc » Mar 19, 2019 6:51 am

:roll:

precious little evidence of that
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#90  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 19, 2019 8:12 am

The revolution will not be televised. Although, you might catch some of it on social media.

OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#91  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm

jamest wrote:I want to find someone I can discuss these things with within the parameters of actually taking me seriously, before I die.

Then you need to say something that someone can take seriously. There's nothing in the OP to discuss, you just declare things and don't define any of your terms. It's a rant, and not even a considered one. Pay attention, jamest: everyone can tell that you didn't put any thought in to the OP, you just dashed off the first thing that came to your mind. Every single person in the thread can see it. Thommo taking the time to dismantle it was far more than it deserved, because it required far more thought and effort than you put into your OP, and I have no doubt that every single person here can see that. That you think it deserves any sort of serious, considered discussion is absolutely fucking absurd.

You don't appear to be that person. Therefore, goodbye.

Btw, I enjoyed the banter. Best wishes, squire.

So you don't know what "banter" means either.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#92  Postby laklak » Mar 19, 2019 2:45 pm

BWE wrote:
jamest wrote:
Macdoc wrote:wonder your mind altering substance of choice is ? :scratch: :coffee:

Mine is LSD

don't bogart that blotter, my friend.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#93  Postby Blip » Mar 19, 2019 5:21 pm

!
MODNOTE
jamest, this is a warning about your recent posts: this, in which you call another member a ‘fucking hypocrite’ and this, in which you tell the same member he is ‘the epitome of everything bad about this place’.

As you surely realise by now, such posts contravene the Forum Users’ Agreement, specifically section 1.2c, which concerns personal attack.

This being your third active warning, you are now suspended from the forum for one week. Again. If you wish to continue as a member here, you really do need to refrain from this type of posting.

Any comments on this modnote or moderation should not be made in the thread as they will be considered off topic; they may be removed without further warning.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#94  Postby BWE » Mar 19, 2019 11:41 pm

laklak wrote:
BWE wrote:
jamest wrote:

Mine is LSD

don't bogart that blotter, my friend.

you'll have to find a way to get to portland if you want to share
BWE

Print view this post

#95  Postby Svartalf » Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm

scott1328 wrote:I foresee another month long vacation for someone.

Is that a someone who might decide to haunt rationalia for the term of his vacation making everybody there miserable,?
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#96  Postby Fallible » Mar 20, 2019 8:12 pm

:nod:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#97  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Mar 21, 2019 12:37 am

Good luck.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#98  Postby jamest » Mar 30, 2019 12:18 am

Svartalf wrote:
scott1328 wrote:I foresee another month long vacation for someone.

Is that a someone who might decide to haunt rationalia for the term of his vacation making everybody there miserable,?

Hey, nobody is forced to read my threads. In fact, you came here voluntarily. Enough said.

For the record, I'm done with rationalia.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#99  Postby Blip » Mar 30, 2019 9:56 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
The discussion on what constitutes a personal insult has been split to its own thread in Feedback.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#100  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 30, 2019 5:42 pm

I wonder if there is such a thing as alcohol induced Depersonalization disorder...
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy