The final social revolution

... has nothing to do with science

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

The final social revolution

#1  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:07 am

The final social revolution will/must obviously, by logical default, encompass all minds and be thus irreversible. Hence, the final social revolution = a signal of the end of competing finite mindsets.

Social revolutions usually occur when competing mindsets become prevalent to the extent that they usurp the status quo. The history books are your friends.

So, it's now the 21st century and we're 'obviously' much smarter than we once were as we can communicate with people on the opposite side of the planet instantaneously, or else go and actually be with them within about a day's travel.

Yet, within the last century we've had two World Wars, Essex, and Donald Trump. Which essentially means that we're generally as retarded as we've ever been. The monkeys are still in charge and the sheep keep contentedly presenting themselves for shearing.

The world is a total clusterfuck, yet for those of us dumb enough to ignore the bigger picture, solace can be found in thumbs-ups within various social infrastructures we allign ourselves to due to brainwashing from the onset of life, where we are initiated into the culture of competing finite mindsets.

THE final social revolution will even involve an abandonment of 'family' as being meaningful to one's identity and worth, just as Plato seemed to imply.

I have to confess that few people love me, either here or elsewhere, but I am not concerned. I'm just doing what I have to do in order to produce the next 'Spinning Jenny', so to speak. So, get your ropes out or else try looking at yourselves in the mirror. It doesn't really matter to 'me', as the messenger is not important. At all.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The final social revolution

#2  Postby Hermit » Mar 16, 2019 1:29 am

jamest wrote:The final social revolution will/must obviously, by logical default, encompass all minds and be thus irreversible. Hence, the final social revolution = a signal of the end of competing finite mindsets.

:rofl:
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:35 am

Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:The final social revolution will/must obviously, by logical default, encompass all minds and be thus irreversible. Hence, the final social revolution = a signal of the end of competing finite mindsets.

:rofl:

Of all the things to laugh at that was the least credible on your part, since it is beyond doubt that the FINAL social revolution must be (by logical default) fundamentally universal.
Last edited by jamest on Mar 16, 2019 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Macdoc » Mar 16, 2019 1:36 am

wonder your mind altering substance of choice is ? :scratch: :coffee:

You have never understood that reality and logic have zilch to do with each other :nono:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:37 am

Macdoc wrote:wonder your mind altering substance of choice is ? :scratch: :coffee:

My mind altering substance of choice is reason, squire.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#6  Postby romansh » Mar 16, 2019 1:40 am

jamest wrote:
Macdoc wrote:wonder your mind altering substance of choice is ? :scratch: :coffee:

So the OP was you on withdrawal symptoms?
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#7  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 16, 2019 1:40 am

Put away the booze and go to bed, jamest. Spend your time being with and loving your family instead of posting this meaningless gibberish that doesn't tell anyone anything and serves no clear purpose except to stroke your ego.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:40 am

Macdoc wrote:
You have never understood that reality and logic have zilch to do with each other :nono:

Reality IS what logic deems it to be, Sir.

Swim to the deep end.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#9  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:42 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:Put away the booze and go to bed, jamest. Spend your time being with and loving your family instead of posting this meaningless gibberish that doesn't tell anyone anything and serves no clear purpose except to stroke your ego.

I don't bend into the wind, especially farts.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Macdoc » Mar 16, 2019 1:43 am

oh FFS ....jump off a building a find out your logical construct really does not support humans flying without engineering. :nono:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Svartalf » Mar 16, 2019 1:44 am

actually, if reality has anything to do with logic, it goes by a logic that even our greatest physicists have yet to puzzle out.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:45 am

romansh wrote:
jamest wrote:

So the OP was you on withdrawal symptoms?

That's a good joke, I confess, but we both know that your post is devoid of substance.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#13  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:47 am

Macdoc wrote:oh FFS ....jump off a building a find out your logical construct really does not support humans flying without engineering. :nono:

Who said anything about 'humans'? I'm here to discuss social/cultural revolutions.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#14  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 1:49 am

Svartalf wrote:actually, if reality has anything to do with logic, it goes by a logic that even our greatest physicists have yet to puzzle out.

Spare me, if nothing else in a thread about social/cultural revolution, the mantra that science is God. Thank you. :nono:
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#15  Postby romansh » Mar 16, 2019 1:57 am

jamest wrote: The final social revolution will/must obviously, by logical default, encompass all minds and be thus irreversible. Hence, the final social revolution = a signal of the end of competing finite mindsets.

Pragmatically not all chemical reactions are reversible but all reactions come to an equilibrium so to speak. Having said that entropy is not ultimately on our side, though it does work to our benefit in the short term. So if our mindsets are a product of chemical and physical cause and effect then this logical default is not clear.

You seem to assume "mind" has some special property, and the evidence is … ?
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 2:14 am

What's truly trajic about competing mindsets, is that neither despots nor despotic mindsets can ever justify ANY acts of their prevailing mindset.

Similarly trajic is the notion that the majority of you here would deny being despots, even though you have complete trust in science and regard all theists as retards.

YOU just don't get what a cog in the machine you are, which is utterly trajic as it prevents you from questioning 'yourself'.

Wake the fuck up, before your establishment buries you with honours.
Last edited by jamest on Mar 16, 2019 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#17  Postby jamest » Mar 16, 2019 2:15 am

romansh wrote:
jamest wrote: The final social revolution will/must obviously, by logical default, encompass all minds and be thus irreversible. Hence, the final social revolution = a signal of the end of competing finite mindsets.

Pragmatically not all chemical reactions are reversible but all reactions come to an equilibrium so to speak. Having said that entropy is not ultimately on our side, though it does work to our benefit in the short term. So if our mindsets are a product of chemical and physical cause and effect then this logical default is not clear.

You seem to assume "mind" has some special property, and the evidence is … ?

My evidence for that is that you are talking bollocks and I'm of the same chemistry as yourself.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Macdoc » Mar 16, 2019 3:15 am

well I'd say you have some meanful variance not in your favour. :coffee:
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19  Postby romansh » Mar 16, 2019 4:01 am

jamest wrote: My evidence for that is that you are talking bollocks and I'm of the same chemistry as yourself.

That would imply we are both talking bollocks.
romansh

Print view this post

#20  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 16, 2019 5:40 am

jamest wrote:I have to confess

Yeah, James. It's the wee hours of a Saturday morning, and you have to confess. What else is new?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Lou Kleener
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Philosophy