To be haunted

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: To be haunted

#81  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 1:19 am

Man, all those thumbs people get really seems to bother you. You talk about it all the time, almost as much as putting things up people's butts. Anyway, I'm glad you're going on and on about Henry even though you say that isn't what the thread is about, especially since you haven't said much of anything on what the thread is about.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: To be haunted

#82  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 1:36 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:Man, all those thumbs people get really seems to bother you. You talk about it all the time, almost as much as putting things up people's butts. Anyway, I'm glad you're going on and on about Henry even though you say that isn't what the thread is about, especially since you haven't said much of anything on what the thread is about.

Squire, I don't give a rats if your posts here get a thousand thumbs-ups. That was the point of my last 3 posts. That was also the point of my last two decades involvement with antagonistic people such as you.

You couldn't hack two weeks of intense antagonism towards your own personal views. Gain some perspective, and then stfu. For once.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#83  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 1:49 am

How many challenges do you suppose a theist encounters in two decades of challenging an atheist forum? I've been accused of everything in that time. I kid you not. One 'guy' came out and said I had threatened their life, once. Whereas numerous attempts have been made to show that I'm either crazy or depressed to the extreme. The treatment I'm getting here right now is lightweight, in comparison. Sincerely.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#84  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 2:21 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Man, all those thumbs people get really seems to bother you. You talk about it all the time, almost as much as putting things up people's butts. Anyway, I'm glad you're going on and on about Henry even though you say that isn't what the thread is about, especially since you haven't said much of anything on what the thread is about.

Squire, I don't give a rats if your posts here get a thousand thumbs-ups.

I'm now totally convinced that you mentioning it all the time, unprovoked, definitely means you don't give a rat's ass.

That was the point of my last 3 posts. That was also the point of my last two decades involvement with antagonistic people such as you.

Well that's what you say, but your posts say the exact opposite.

You couldn't hack two weeks of intense antagonism towards your own personal views.

If this is you "hacking", I hate to see what you consider failure :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#85  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 2:24 am

You're ACTING the cunt. Come back when you want to be yourself.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#86  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 2:26 am

jamest wrote:How many challenges do you suppose a theist encounters in two decades of challenging an atheist forum?

Man, it'd be nice if you challenged anyone on this forum. The gibberish in the OP, for example, isn't challenging. It's a poorly conceived half-brain fart. The fact that you've had practically nothing to say about it in the days and pages since you posted it makes this very clear.

I've been accused of everything in that time. I kid you not. One 'guy' came out and said I had threatened their life, once. Whereas numerous attempts have been made to show that I'm either crazy or depressed to the extreme. The treatment I'm getting here right now is lightweight, in comparison. Sincerely.

I had a friend that nailed his dick to a board once, sincerely. He also liked to brag about useless masochism.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#87  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 2:29 am

jamest wrote:You're ACTING the cunt. Come back when you want to be yourself.

I am nobody but myself. I'm at least responding truthfully to your never ending nonsense. Sorry you can't handle a clear view of your shite.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: To be haunted

#88  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 2:33 am

Yawn. I've had two decades of this shit. You're talking to me as though I were one of those Xian idiots who enter a forum like this by accident.

I'm going to bed.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#89  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 2:36 am

No, I'm just being completely honest and straightforward with you.

Ah well. Off to bed then, without having actually addressed anything...again.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#90  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 2:40 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:No, I'm just being completely honest and straightforward with you.

Ah well. Off to bed then, without having actually addressed anything...again.

Adressed anything? Wtf is there to address but pisstaking? In fact, that's gotten so bad lately that I've just this minute started the Q&A session. If you've got a serious question, a serious question, pose it there.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#91  Postby Thommo » Feb 13, 2018 2:43 am

Why do you consider yourself to be better than Christians?

Whilst I (and I expect many others here) am completely unpersuaded by their arguments, there are very few who do things quite as bizarre as necro a two week dead thread to say how much they don't care about Henry VIII or thumbs up over a series of posts that have nothing to do with the thread topic and don't make any reasoned argument about historical perceptions of Henry VIII or the merits or virtues of the thumbs up system.

Even fewer blow their own trumpet over using their spare time to indulge in a hobby that they don't seem to enjoy. The only reason you post here is for your own entertainment, you must know that you don't do it for anyone else's benefit. The fact SAM doesn't piss off theists by going to their boards and calling them cunts late at night doesn't really come into it.
Last edited by Thommo on Feb 13, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26631

Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#92  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 2:44 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:No, I'm just being completely honest and straightforward with you.

Ah well. Off to bed then, without having actually addressed anything...again.

Adressed anything? Wtf is there to address

Oh, I don't know...the OP?

but pisstaking? In fact, that's gotten so bad lately that I've just this minute started the Q&A session. If you've got a serious question, a serious question, pose it there.

Why can't you just answer them in the threads like a person?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#93  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 2:55 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:No, I'm just being completely honest and straightforward with you.

Ah well. Off to bed then, without having actually addressed anything...again.

Adressed anything? Wtf is there to address
[/quote/]
Oh, I don't know...the OP?

You want me to address myself?

{Muppet}

We obviously have different values, but in my books calling myself a cunt for my own OP would render me the fucktard you all hold me to be.

Why don't you just accept that I'm not you're average retard Xian and we might eventually have a meaningful conversation? :nono:
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#94  Postby Thommo » Feb 13, 2018 2:56 am

jamest wrote:Adressed anything? Wtf is there to address but pisstaking? In fact, that's gotten so bad lately that I've just this minute started the Q&A session. If you've got a serious question, a serious question, pose it there.


You left loads of perfectly serious and sensible points behind on the subject of Henry VIII, and came back and brought him up only to say that you don't care, or something.

You could start by addressing those. E.g. this post:
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/philo ... 0#p2611774

Some good points to address would be:-

  • What are the standards we use to judge a monarch and say whether they were good or bad? Are we taking into account their role on the political landscape of their home nation and the world? Their personal qualities and relationships? The effects this had on the lives of their subjects? What acknowledgement must be made for the subjectivity of the measures chosen and how other members may disagree with them?
  • Given the criteria laid out in answer to those questions, how does Henry VIII stack up on them? How does his evaluation compare with other British monarchs at a similar time in history or other contemporaneous monarchs in other countries, such as around Europe?
  • What are the arguments against Henry VIII that only "feminists" get wrong? Is it really unreasonable to suggest that a monarch who is alleged to have executed more people than any other deserves criticism for it?

As it stands all we got was a few claims about how wrong everyone else was and how deep your own knowledge is. You didn't actually share any of that knowledge, even in sketch or outline form.

We could probably make a similar set of outlines for what a reasoned response addressing the issues of thumbs up would look like and possibly even do the same for the nominal topic of the thread relating to the OP, although I think that may be harder as it has all the appearance of an ill-conceived mess at present.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26631

Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#95  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 2:58 am

After everything I've said tonight, some loon still wants to talk about Henry. Go figure. lol
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: To be haunted

#96  Postby Thommo » Feb 13, 2018 3:01 am

jamest wrote:Why don't you just accept that I'm not you're average retard Xian and we might eventually have a meaningful conversation? :nono:


Show, don't tell.

e.g. Show us you know how to make a reasoned argument by making a reasoned argument (that is informally follow the rules of logic, starting from known facts or clearly labeled assumptions and then proceeding by valid inferences to conclusions, rather than by means of fiat assertion or leaps of logic/non sequiturs) rather than simply assuring everyone that you can do it.

e.g. Show us you have a deep knowledge of Henry VIII by outlining some of the things you know and consider deep that other people may not know or may be missing.

e.g. Show your intelligence by clever combination of reasoned argument and deep knowledge instead of telling us how clever you are and muttering an excruciatingly tortured mantra about badgers.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26631

Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#97  Postby Thommo » Feb 13, 2018 3:02 am

jamest wrote:After everything I've said tonight, some loon still wants to talk about Henry. Go figure. lol


You necro'd a two week dead thread and the only thing you mentioned that related to anything previously said in the thread was about Henry.

By all means if you'd rather you can expand on your OP via the same mechanisms of reason and knowledge if you feel able.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26631

Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#98  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 3:04 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:No, I'm just being completely honest and straightforward with you.

Ah well. Off to bed then, without having actually addressed anything...again.

Adressed anything? Wtf is there to address
[/quote/]
Oh, I don't know...the OP?

You want me to address myself?

{Muppet}

Uh yeah, I'd like you to try and justify your very poorly argued OP. I mean, you are here for something more than to just drop an awkwardly formed brain turd and then prance away, right?

We obviously have different values, but in my books calling myself a cunt for my own OP would render me the fucktard you all hold me to be.

Why don't you just accept that I'm not you're average retard Xian and we might eventually have a meaningful conversation? :nono:

I've already accepted that if you were at least your average Xian, you'd probably have something upon which you're basing your views that could be pointed to. Instead, you won't even say anything about any of your assertions, you just wave your hands around and pretend you've made an argument.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#99  Postby jamest » Feb 13, 2018 3:11 am

I'll do whatever the fuck I want to do Thommo, whenever the fuck I feel like doing it. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not intimidated by atheists, even when they're trying desperately to be intimidating.

I don't like your fucking attitude, as you don't like mine. The difference between us is that I'll answer your posts where I see rational merit, whereas you only ever address mine with the intent of trying to make me look like a daft cunt.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18044
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: To be haunted

#100  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 13, 2018 3:13 am

You certainly don't need Thommo's help for that.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13573
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest