Why aren't disabled people who can't work euthanised?

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Why aren't disabled people who can't work euthanised?

#61  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 27, 2011 12:21 pm

FACT-MAN-2 wrote:
cjoe1994 wrote:I have nothing against disabled people, but if someone can't work and has no one to work for them, why is their life so important? How is it fair that money is wasted on people who aren't particularly useful for much at all when money could easily be spent to save productive and important people and improve their quality of life?

Why not just humanely kill/"murder" them?

I've seen some dumb questions asked in this forum, but this one absolutely takes the cake. :o

I entirely agree with this sentiment.

Fucking dumb. :nono: :nono: :nono:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#62  Postby THWOTH » Dec 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Let's not forget the retired members of society - they contribute nothing either. In fact, the retired are just a positive drain on the financial and social resources of everybody else. So we should raise the retirement age, or even do away with it altogether, and as soon as somebody retires and is no longer "important" enough to live then cart them off to the Soylent Green plant for processing.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#63  Postby LucidFlight » Dec 27, 2011 12:49 pm

OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Regina » Dec 27, 2011 12:58 pm

THWOTH wrote:Let's not forget the retired members of society - they contribute nothing either. In fact, the retired are just a positive drain on the financial and social resources of everybody else. So we should raise the retirement age, or even do away with it altogether, and as soon as somebody retires and is no longer "important" enough to live then cart them off to the Soylent Green plant for processing.

I disagree. You can always have the "Oma für's Grobe", as we say here. (Our grannie for the rough work).
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#65  Postby THWOTH » Dec 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Regina wrote:
THWOTH wrote:Let's not forget the retired members of society - they contribute nothing either. In fact, the retired are just a positive drain on the financial and social resources of everybody else. So we should raise the retirement age, or even do away with it altogether, and as soon as somebody retires and is no longer "important" enough to live then cart them off to the Soylent Green plant for processing.

I disagree. You can always have the "Oma für's Grobe", as we say here. (Our grannie for the rough work).

Yeah Reggie, but once their hands are gnarled with arthritis and they can no longer soften leather with their teeth we really should leave them out on the ice to die - or at least release them into the wild to fend for themselves.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Regina » Dec 27, 2011 1:11 pm

THWOTH wrote:
Regina wrote:

Yeah Reggie, but once their hands are gnarled with arthritis and they can no longer soften leather with their teeth we really should leave them out on the ice to die - or at least release them into the wild to fend for themselves.

The latter, I suppose, what with all the global warming and stuff.
Also, I can see how euthanasia helps the environment: fewer people, fewer environmental problems.
Last edited by Regina on Dec 27, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#67  Postby mindhack » Dec 27, 2011 1:15 pm

THWOTH wrote:
Regina wrote:

But.., but only if they aren't grandparents.

I read once that grandparents have an important role for parenting the parents of newborns. (sorry, no sources)
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#68  Postby THWOTH » Dec 27, 2011 1:26 pm

cjoe1994 wrote:... [The disabled] won't need to be killed if a charity supports them.

What about the State adopting a charitable approach towards supporting the less able members of society?

After all, the democratic ideal is that (irrespective of whoever is in power) the State is administered on behalf of, and for the benefit and well-being of, all citizens equally. In effect then, what you suggest is that the unproductive disabled person should not be afforded the rights and protections of citizenship; that citizenship is granted, or one qualifies for citizenship, as a function of one's ability to work.

In this case, the more productive members of society should really have a greater say in how things are done than the less productive members. Now, all we have to do is define what 'productive' means and categorise each employment position accordingly.

However, under this regime are the wealthy to be considered more productive than the working poor, and therefore deserving of more influence and say, even if they sit on their backsides all day eating chocolates. Should we not also be culling the unproductive idle rich along with the disabled?
Last edited by THWOTH on Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#69  Postby NineOneFour » Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Why are these stupid ideas allowed to propagate on our forum?
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#70  Postby THWOTH » Dec 27, 2011 1:36 pm

NineOneFour wrote:Why are these stupid ideas allowed to propagate on our forum?

Shhh! :whisper: Keep talking like that and you might find yourself on the train to the Soylant Green plant.
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#71  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 27, 2011 1:37 pm

It is the xmas holidays. Goes to the head. Like booze.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#72  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 27, 2011 1:43 pm

smudge wrote:
THWOTH wrote:
Who will draw up the criteria and head the panel?

Hmm....I see a new role for myself...
:evilgrin:
A new career for 2012....

For a start, all those under 6ft tall to be considered 'disabled and surplus to requirements' on grounds they cannot reach top shelves in supermarkets.
All those unable to sufficiently appreciate my good looks to be considered 'disabled, irredeemably flawed' and 'surplus to requirements'.
:lol:

Is it possible to get euthanised twice? :lol:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#73  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Judging from the responses so far, it's not so much propagating as it's sinking like a lead balloon :mrgreen:

I'm with Spearthrower on this one. If the question was asked as a poe/troll to get a rise, then it's working. If it was asked in earnest, I doubt the asker finds the "this question is stupid" responses especially convincing.

...Of course, I'm seeing little in the way of response discussion from the OP :coffee:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Paul G » Dec 27, 2011 2:08 pm

cjoe1994 wrote:I have nothing against disabled people, but if someone can't work and has no one to work for them, why is their life so important? How is it fair that money is wasted on people who aren't particularly useful for much at all when money could easily be spent to save productive and important people and improve their quality of life?

Why not just humanely kill/"murder" them?

Because my OH and family would miss me? :lol:
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#75  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 27, 2011 2:13 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
...Of course, I'm seeing little in the way of response discussion from the OP :coffee:

cjoe1994 just popped by to view the thread... but clearly had nothing to add!

I'll leave this for him to consider:

the mark of a civilized society is the way it treats its most vulnerable citizens
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#76  Postby VanYoungman » Dec 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Right on Scot. This cjoe whatever wants me to kill my son.

Nullius in Verba
VanYoungman
RS Donator

Name: Charles Van Patten You
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#77  Postby Regina » Dec 27, 2011 2:17 pm

VanYoungman wrote:Right on Scot. This cjoe whatever wants me to kill my son.

And me my mother.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#78  Postby Paul G » Dec 27, 2011 2:18 pm

And me!
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#79  Postby smudge » Dec 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
smudge wrote:
THWOTH wrote:
Who will draw up the criteria and head the panel?

Hmm....I see a new role for myself...
:evilgrin:
A new career for 2012....

For a start, all those under 6ft tall to be considered 'disabled and surplus to requirements' on grounds they cannot reach top shelves in supermarkets.
All those unable to sufficiently appreciate my good looks to be considered 'disabled, irredeemably flawed' and 'surplus to requirements'.
:lol:

Is it possible to get euthanised twice? :lol:

Not usually.
Special arrangements can be made for stick hurling smart arses....
:smile:
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#80  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 27, 2011 2:51 pm

VanYoungman wrote:Right on Scot. This cjoe whatever wants me to kill my son.

And my mother, and the 100 or so neighbours on the disabled estate they live on.

Incidentally, a large proportion of those neighbours got their disability from serving their country in the armed forces.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy