Is this L. Krauss remark an example of creation ex nihilo?

Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics & Physics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Is this L. Krauss remark an example of creation ex nihilo?

#81  Postby Fallible » Nov 04, 2018 10:24 am

True enough, I suppose.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby Wortfish » Nov 04, 2018 11:48 am

Rumraket wrote:
Wait, what? Is it your contention that we will not be able to find examples of famous professed Christians engaging in sexual impropriety? HAHAHAhahaahahahaha...

:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Didn't a possible rapist just get confirmed as a supreme court justice? Anyone remember kiddy-fiddler Roy Moore? Let's not forget that the president claims to be a Christian, and is proudly admitting that if he sees an attractive woman he can't help himself and just "grabs em by the pussy" or "moves on her like a bitch".

In the case of Christian priests abusing children, they may suffer from an arrogance that they will be forgiven no matter what sins they commit. But at least they do so secretly and with a deep sense of shame. Krauss did so openly and with no shame or guilt at all. He still believes he did nothing wrong. That illustrates the difference between theism and atheism.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Thommo » Nov 04, 2018 11:54 am

You heard it here first folks: Raping children isn't that bad, so long as you cover up after yourself.

On the other hand, this probably isn't the first time you've heard obvious trolling.
Thommo

Print view this post

#84  Postby Fallible » Nov 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Interesting take on THE difference between theism and atheism...and by 'interesting', I mean moronic. FFS Wortfish, it's not the trolling that makes you so awful. It's the mouth-breathing dimness which allows you to believe you don't even have to bother trying to do it well. The only reason you're still here is because moderation has become so patchy. In times gone by, someone would have shut your ludicrously clumsy cry hole long ago.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Wortfish » Nov 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Fallible wrote:Interesting take on THE difference between theism and atheism...and by 'interesting', I mean moronic. FFS Wortfish, it's not the trolling that makes you so awful. It's the mouth-breathing dimness which allows you to believe you don't even have to bother trying to do it well. The only reason you're still here is because moderation has become so patchy. In times gone by, someone would have shut your ludicrously clumsy cry hole long ago.

Krauss wasn't always an atheist, I should mention. He actually was uncomfortable when Richard Dawkins, in a discussion more than a decade ago, stated he wanted to "get rid of religion". In his 2005 debate with Michael Behe, he admitted that science was not "the source of all human knowledge" and railed against those scientists claiming there was no other truth than science. That was when he was an agnostic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWMqdaluCI

But ever since he became an ardent atheist, his personality changed and he became increasingly irreverent and arrogant. This article explains how he went from a humble physicist to an atheist celebrity who felt he could get away with anything: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... te/573844/

According to BuzzFeed News, which first reported on Krauss’s alleged sexual misconduct in February, Arizona State found evidence to support several allegations: that Krauss grabbed a woman’s breast at a meeting; that he groped another’s thigh; that he told an employee he would buy her birth control so she wouldn’t inconvenience him with maternity leave; that he made suggestive comments about a student’s attire; and that he suggested a threesome to a female job candidate at the Origins Project, Krauss’s flagship program at Arizona State.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Fallible » Nov 04, 2018 12:09 pm

Sorry Wortfish, it's all just a bullshit-tinged buzzing noise coming from you now. You jumped the shark.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Wortfish » Nov 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Thommo wrote:You heard it here first folks: Raping children isn't that bad, so long as you cover up after yourself.

On the other hand, this probably isn't the first time you've heard obvious trolling.

Covering up indicates that you have done something wrong. Krauss does not feel he did anything wrong. He is an amoral actor.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#88  Postby Fallible » Nov 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Wortfish wrote:Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Spinozasgalt » Nov 04, 2018 12:14 pm

:rofl:
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#90  Postby Wortfish » Nov 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Fallible wrote:Sorry Wortfish, it's all just a bullshit-tinged buzzing noise coming from you now. You jumped the shark.

The damage has been done. One of atheism's golden boys has been disgraced. Krauss was an accomplished scientist, who published hundreds of peer-reviewed articles, before he adopted atheism. He will be remembered as the professor who groped women rather than the scientist who showed how the universe arose. :(
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Sendraks » Nov 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Wortfish wrote: One of atheism's golden boys has been disgraced.

And?

Wortfish wrote: Krauss was an accomplished scientist,

He still is.

Wortfish wrote: He will be remembered as the professor who groped women rather than the scientist who showed how the universe arose. :(

Maybe he'll be remembered as both, given what you're presenting here is a false dilemma.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#92  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote:Sorry Wortfish, it's all just a bullshit-tinged buzzing noise coming from you now. You jumped the shark.

The damage has been done. One of atheism's golden boys has been disgraced.

As has been pointed out to you many times, atheism isn't an ideology, religion or worldview.
It doesn't have leaders or 'golden boys'.
But then, lies are all you have.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#93  Postby felltoearth » Nov 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Wortfish, no one here is defending Krauss' character so I don't even know why you keep pressing that issue. I can't watch YouTube videos with him. I find him abrasive and annoying.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#94  Postby Sendraks » Nov 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Wortfish wrote:Covering up indicates that you have done something wrong.

They knew it was wrong and they did it anyway.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#95  Postby Fallible » Nov 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Wortfish wrote:

The damage has been done. One of atheism's golden boys has been disgraced. Krauss was an accomplished scientist, who published hundreds of peer-reviewed articles, before he adopted atheism. He will be remembered as the professor who groped women rather than the scientist who showed how the universe arose. :(

Wortfish wrote:...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#96  Postby TopCat » Nov 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Wortfish wrote:In the case of Christian priests abusing children, they may suffer from an arrogance that they will be forgiven no matter what sins they commit. But at least they do so secretly and with a deep sense of shame.

This may possibly be true of some of them.

Krauss did so openly and with no shame or guilt at all. He still believes he did nothing wrong.

This may also be true.

That illustrates the difference between theism and atheism.

This, however, is definitely not true.

What it actually illustrates, is the true wickedness of the doctrine of vicarious atonement.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#97  Postby BlackBart » Nov 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Wortfish wrote:

You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Wortfish » Nov 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Wortfish wrote:

The damage has been done. One of atheism's golden boys has been disgraced.

As has been pointed out to you many times, atheism isn't an ideology, religion or worldview.
It doesn't have leaders or 'golden boys'.
But then, lies are all you have.

So how come there are atheist organisations and foundations? Looks to me like a quasi-religion.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#99  Postby Wortfish » Nov 04, 2018 1:24 pm

felltoearth wrote:Wortfish, no one here is defending Krauss' character so I don't even know why you keep pressing that issue. I can't watch YouTube videos with him. I find him abrasive and annoying.

I liked him before Richard Dawkins ruined him and brought him over to the atheist side. I fully expect him to reconvert to Judaism in the next few years, renounce atheism and write a book in support of a theistic worldview with respect to science.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#100  Postby felltoearth » Nov 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Wortfish wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Wortfish, no one here is defending Krauss' character so I don't even know why you keep pressing that issue. I can't watch YouTube videos with him. I find him abrasive and annoying.

I liked him before Richard Dawkins ruined him and brought him over to the atheist side. I fully expect him to reconvert to Judaism in the next few years, renounce atheism and write a book in support of a theistic worldview with respect to science.

:eyeroll:
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Physical Sciences & Mathematics