Competing cosmologies

Study matter and its motion through spacetime...

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Competing cosmologies

#161  Postby Destroyer » Jan 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Macdoc wrote:wow - two in a thread...first CAPS now truth....multiple chew toys. :coffee:

Chew away, the floor is yours!
Destroyer

Name: Patrick Mills
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#162  Postby Destroyer » Jan 31, 2020 2:03 pm

newolder wrote:Destroyer, Are you unaware of other cosmological models that include sequences of bangs?

I am aware that there are indeed competing cosmologies. But none that negates a continuously occurring energy at the fundamental level.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#163  Postby newolder » Jan 31, 2020 2:29 pm

You mean there are no cosmologies that have a constant, energy = 0 content. Well whoop de fucking doo!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#164  Postby Destroyer » Jan 31, 2020 2:42 pm

newolder wrote:You mean there are no cosmologies that have a constant, energy = 0 content. Well whoop de fucking doo!

Energy being reduced to 0 within the system explains observation; it does not explain how energy that is incapable of being created came to be associated with the system.

The universe from nothing does indeed explain the big bang. However the energy source always existed in some form.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#165  Postby newolder » Jan 31, 2020 3:40 pm

Destroyer wrote:...

Energy being reduced to 0 within the system explains observation;

Which observation shows energy being reduced to 0? This is not a feature of the observed accelerating universal expansion, as you have already been shown.

it does not explain how energy that is incapable of being created came to be associated with the system.

What energy is incapable of being created? You have already been shown how this is not true.

The universe from nothing does indeed explain the big bang.

How?
However the energy source always existed in some form.

Then that model cannot be creation ex nihilo.

You insist to use terms incorrectly but claim knowledge about truth. How does that work?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#166  Postby Macdoc » Jan 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Perhaps he needs to consider brane theory to resolve his self induced conundrum ...perhaps a refresher tour.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/201 ... e/11452992
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#167  Postby Destroyer » Jan 31, 2020 4:06 pm

newolder wrote:

Energy being reduced to 0 within the system explains observation;

Which observation shows energy being reduced to 0? This is not a feature of the observed accelerating universal expansion, as you have already been shown.

it does not explain how energy that is incapable of being created came to be associated with the system.

What energy is incapable of being created? You have already been shown how this is not true.

The universe from nothing does indeed explain the big bang.

How?
However the energy source always existed in some form.

Then that model cannot be creation ex nihilo.

You insist to use terms incorrectly but claim knowledge about truth. How does that work?

Answer me this question: has energy always being a function in existence? or does the evidence suggests that energy was created with the big bang? All of your wriggling and writhing reduces to an answer of this question.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#168  Postby newolder » Jan 31, 2020 4:37 pm

Answer me this question: has energy always being a function in existence? or does the evidence suggests that energy was created with the big bang?

Which model are you trying to discuss? Creation ex nihilo in a single event or one of the cyclic models and if so, which?

All of your wriggling and writhing reduces to an answer of this question.

For what reason did you not answer my questions?
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#169  Postby Destroyer » Jan 31, 2020 4:48 pm

newolder wrote:

Answer me this question: has energy always being a function in existence? or does the evidence suggests that energy was created with the big bang?

Which model are you trying to discuss? Creation ex nihilo in a single event or one of the cyclic models and if so, which?

All of your wriggling and writhing reduces to an answer of this question.

For what reason did you not answer my questions?

You can use any model you like to explain energy that had no prior function to the universe's inception.

My reasons for not answering your questions is that my description which reconciles infinity with the finite universe is not a mathematical model, and one that I never divulge in public.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#170  Postby newolder » Jan 31, 2020 4:59 pm

You can use any model you like to explain energy that had no prior function to the universe's inception.

...and my reason for doing this would be what?

My reasons for not answering your questions is that my description which reconciles infinity with the finite universe is not a mathematical model, and one that I never divulge in public.

Since you have divulged your model in public and it contains a contradiction, there's nothing left to discuss. The models in the OP on another hand...
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#171  Postby Destroyer » Jan 31, 2020 5:17 pm

newolder wrote:

...and my reason for doing this would be what?

Since you have divulged your model in public and it contains a contradiction, there's nothing left to discuss. The models in the OP on another hand...

Ok.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#172  Postby newolder » Aug 04, 2020 2:26 pm

Coming up at the bottom of the hour on the PBS space time youtube channel

Theory of Everything Controversies!

Join Matt O'Dowd, Brian Keating, Lee Smolin, Lisa Randall, Sabine Hossenfelder, and Eric Weinstein as they grapple with the search for a Theory of Everything. Where should we be looking? Is progress hopelessly stalled? Will the next step forward come from outside the academic community? It's going to be awesome!

Watch on youtube only...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_izocEgArtQ

Hmmm... some technical hitch that I'm sure will sort itself out soon...

Here's their youtube channel link for now... https://www.youtube.com/c/pbsspacetime/videos

Looks like someone took a wrong turn at the Big Bang! Drumming fingers...

Hooray! live @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKVImjaaos
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#173  Postby newolder » Aug 04, 2020 2:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKVImjaaos

With hindsight, this may be improved by future editing. My apologies if I've wasted time... Heigh ho.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Physics