Competing cosmologies

Study matter and its motion through spacetime...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Competing cosmologies

#81  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

Still waiting for the maths, Cito.

What maths is that, Destroyer? Still want to reconcile constants with variables?

https://www.hotelpensionpantarhei.com/index.php/de/

I thought you were a physicist and mathematician, never mind; allow the real scientists to grapple with the problem.
Destroyer

Name: Patrick Mills
Male

Print view this post

#82  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Destroyer wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

What maths is that, Destroyer? Still want to reconcile constants with variables?

I thought you were a physicist and mathematician, never mind; allow the real scientists to grapple with the problem.

Is there something you would like explained to you? For example, do you want to know how to distinguish constants from variables?

Destroyer wrote:the evidence clearly supports an expanding and changing universe; reconciling this fact with the apparent infinity and constancy at the fundamental level is where the problem persists.

Yeah, I think that must be it. Or, how far can you stick your head up your ass? You and your "apparent".
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 2:20 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

Is there something you would like explained to you? For example, do you want to know how to distinguish constants from variables?

Destroyer wrote:the evidence clearly supports an expanding and changing universe; reconciling this fact with the apparent infinity and constancy at the fundamental level is where the problem persists.

Yeah, I think that must be it. Or, how far can you stick your head up your ass? You and your "apparent".

Ok, good. Go ahead and demonstrate to the scientific community exactly how to fit the fundamental force of gravity into the Standard Model of particle physics.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#84  Postby newolder » Jan 30, 2020 2:38 pm

Destroyer wrote:...

Ok, good. Go ahead and demonstrate to the scientific community exactly how to fit the fundamental force of gravity into the Standard Model of particle physics.

In a purely theoretical sense, the AdS/CFT correspondence fits gravity and quantum mechanics together. It's unfortunate that we live in a de Sitter universe where this theoretical correspondence has not been shown to hold. Lisa Randall in The Boundaries of KKLT has made some recent progress, however, where:
We consider the conundrum of generating de Sitter space from higher-dimensional geometry, ...

It remains a tricky problem but it does get attention.

Are you (Destroyer) any closer than Prof. Randall? :ask:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#85  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 2:59 pm

newolder wrote:
Destroyer wrote:...

In a purely theoretical sense, the AdS/CFT correspondence fits gravity and quantum mechanics together. It's unfortunate that we live in a de Sitter universe where this theoretical correspondence has not been shown to hold. Lisa Randall in The Boundaries of KKLT has made some recent progress, however, where:
We consider the conundrum of generating de Sitter space from higher-dimensional geometry, ...

It remains a tricky problem but it does get attention.

Are you (Destroyer) any closer than Prof. Randall? :ask:

I do indeed have a description of the universe that reconciles ALL fundamental forces.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#86  Postby newolder » Jan 30, 2020 3:00 pm

So you claim. When and where was it published?

How can you know that you have covered "ALL" forces?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#87  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 3:11 pm

newolder wrote:So you claim. When and where was it published?

How can you know that you have covered "ALL" forces?

The description is not a mathematical model; so unfortunately cannot be corroborated by the scientific method. However, if factually supported then it will never fade, and will eventually come to the fore.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#88  Postby newolder » Jan 30, 2020 3:12 pm

You've got nothing. Heigh ho.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#89  Postby Fallible » Jan 30, 2020 3:14 pm

Oh ffs, not this again...
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#90  Postby newolder » Jan 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Fallible wrote:Oh ffs, not this again...

I'm guessing that the "I'll tell you everything only via PM." phase is next. :roll:
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#91  Postby Fallible » Jan 30, 2020 3:42 pm

You never know, maybe he fancies a change for 2020...
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Fallible wrote:You never know, maybe he fancies a change for 2020...

Unfortunately, there is no possibility for change to this principle. I am not really interested in private discussions, but it happens to be the only means available for me to offer to those who persist with challenge. I have attempted to explain why publicity is not an option at this time - it involves an encroachment into territory where first principles have no justification to be expressed.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#93  Postby newolder » Jan 30, 2020 4:18 pm

This is a physics forum. Bring some physics or go somewhere where physics isn't necessary.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#94  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 4:22 pm

newolder wrote:This is a physics forum. Bring some physics or go somewhere where physics isn't necessary.

So I guess this means that your saying that I will be next asking for PM's is physics?
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#95  Postby newolder » Jan 30, 2020 4:23 pm

:what: What?

I would be happier if all of the posts in this topic that did not contain physics were removed to their own topic elsewhere.
Last edited by newolder on Jan 30, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#96  Postby Fallible » Jan 30, 2020 4:24 pm

Destroyer wrote:

Unfortunately, there is no possibility for change to this principle. I am not really interested in private discussions, but it happens to be the only means available for me to offer to those who persist with challenge. I have attempted to explain why publicity is not an option at this time - it involves an encroachment into territory where first principles have no justification to be expressed.

I don’t care.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#97  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 4:29 pm

newolder wrote::what: What?

Did you not write " I'm guessing that the " I'll tell you everything only via PM" phase is next, just a few posts ago?

Edit: phrase for phase
Last edited by Destroyer on Jan 30, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#98  Postby Destroyer » Jan 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Fallible wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

I don’t care.

Perhaps no comments at all would indicate this better.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#99  Postby newolder » Jan 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Destroyer wrote:
newolder wrote::what: What?

Did you not write " I'm guessing that the " I'll tell you everything only via PM" phrase is next, just a few posts ago?

Yes, and I've since added:
I would be happier if all of the posts in this topic that did not contain physics were removed to their own topic elsewhere.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#100  Postby Fallible » Jan 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Destroyer wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

I don’t care.

Perhaps no comments at all would indicate this better.

And perhaps not.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Physics