Penrose about Conformal Cyclic Cosmology - by skydivephil

Study matter and its motion through spacetime...

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Penrose about Conformal Cyclic Cosmology - by skydivephil

#21  Postby newolder » Oct 04, 2019 2:10 pm

aban57 wrote:I'm sorry to barge in this very interesting discussion, but I can't watch the videos at the moment, but the discussion got me curious about something I read a few months ago. It said that a black hole could be the "creator" of our singularity. Is it what this is about ?

Although this is not what this (Penrose CCC) is about, skydivephil has today released another tube about 3 cosmological models that do invoke black holes as creators of our cosmos.

We interview the creators of 3 models of the early universe that imply the big bang came from a black hole in a mother universe. The models are Cosmological Natural Selection (CNS), The Holographic Big Bang and Cosmology with Spin and Torsion. The creators interviewed are Lee Smolin, Nikodem Poplawski and Niayesh Ashfordi. Recently it has also been shown that a theory of quantum gravity called Causal Set Theory may realise CNS. And so we also talk to Stav Zalel who has worked on this idea and cosmologist Aureliein Barau

I know very little/nothing about these and I hope you (aban57) are now able to view tubes...

Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby BWE » Oct 04, 2019 7:33 pm

aban57 wrote:I'll look into it once I get out.

jail stint?
BWE

Print view this post

#23  Postby aban57 » Oct 05, 2019 7:45 am

newolder wrote:
aban57 wrote:I'm sorry to barge in this very interesting discussion, but I can't watch the videos at the moment, but the discussion got me curious about something I read a few months ago. It said that a black hole could be the "creator" of our singularity. Is it what this is about ?

Although this is not what this (Penrose CCC) is about, skydivephil has today released another tube about 3 cosmological models that do invoke black holes as creators of our cosmos.

We interview the creators of 3 models of the early universe that imply the big bang came from a black hole in a mother universe. The models are Cosmological Natural Selection (CNS), The Holographic Big Bang and Cosmology with Spin and Torsion. The creators interviewed are Lee Smolin, Nikodem Poplawski and Niayesh Ashfordi. Recently it has also been shown that a theory of quantum gravity called Causal Set Theory may realise CNS. And so we also talk to Stav Zalel who has worked on this idea and cosmologist Aureliein Barau

I know very little/nothing about these and I hope you (aban57) are now able to view tubes...

Thanks !

BWE wrote:
aban57 wrote:I'll look into it once I get out.

jail stint?

Close. Hospital :)
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#24  Postby aban57 » Oct 05, 2019 9:18 am

Why do half the scientists on this video sound on drugs ? :D

Very interesting though, thanks again newolder.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#25  Postby newolder » Oct 05, 2019 9:47 am

You are welcome.

I'm watching this in small sections for similar reasons - I'm about 20 minutes in by now. The torsion idea to avoid a singularity seems reasonable but I'd ask aban if there is an idea available to observational test in any of these models (i.e. without crossing an event horizon first) as I haven't heard one described yet... ?
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby aban57 » Oct 05, 2019 10:44 am

newolder wrote:You are welcome.

I'm watching this in small sections for similar reasons - I'm about 20 minutes in by now. The torsion idea to avoid a singularity seems reasonable but I'd ask aban if there is an idea available to observational test in any of these models (i.e. without crossing an event horizon first) as I haven't heard one described yet... ?

No. I'm new to this, so this torsion idea was a discovery. But from my perspective, we first need to validate the multiverse hypothesis before we start investigating anything else. Because it might be the case that it's easier to investigate another universe rather than our parent's. And validating the multiverse hypothesis might give us clues on how to do just that.

But again, that's the opinion of someone who knows nothing on he subject.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#27  Postby aban57 » Oct 05, 2019 10:46 am

By the way, your moving avatar puzzles my kitten :D
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google