Jireh's evidence for God

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Jireh's evidence for God

#1381  Postby MrFungus420 » Feb 14, 2012 3:50 am

Jireh wrote:
archibald wrote:1. Who created the creator?

nobody. he always existed.

Special pleading. That is a logical fallacy.

Jireh wrote:
2. Why would the creator of a rather hazardous universe like ours, with so much apparently unnecessary suffering, be worth worshiping, even if he existed?

before i answer your question , please answer this question first : since it seems you are concerned about this issue, what do YOU do to diminish the suffering in the world ?

And now we see the Red Herring fallacy..

The existence of evil is only a problem if you are positing the existence of an all-powerful, all-knowing and benevolent being. The existence of evil contradicts the possible existence of such a being.
Atheism alone is no more a religion than health is a disease. One may as well argue over which brand of car pedestrians drive.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

#1382  Postby MrFungus420 » Feb 14, 2012 3:52 am

Jireh wrote:
stijndeloose wrote:
Jireh wrote:if you are not satisfied with my answer, why do you not stop asking......??

:picard:

Because you haven't actually answered the question. :rolleyes:

ok, fine with me, if you think so.

A demonstrable fact, not just someone's opinion.
Atheism alone is no more a religion than health is a disease. One may as well argue over which brand of car pedestrians drive.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

#1383  Postby MrFungus420 » Feb 14, 2012 3:55 am

Jireh wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Jireh wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Biology, Chemistry, Physics.

where did it come from ?

Biology came from Chemistry. Chemistry came from physics. Physics came from the cooling of the previously hot, dense state of the universe immediately prior to expansion. It's all energy at the end of the day, and energy is everywhere.

and where did the energy come from ? it could not have existed eternally.....

Why not?

As far as we know, energy can be neither created nor destroyed.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

#1384  Postby MrFungus420 » Feb 14, 2012 4:01 am

Jireh wrote:http://www.debate.org/debates/The-Kalam-Cosmological-Argument-for-the-Existence-of-God-is-Sound/1/

And now we see laughable apologetics that have been debunked innumerable times.

Jireh wrote:
The KCA is formulated as follows:

1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause

Unsupported assumption.

We have NEVER seen anything begin to exist in the way that you mean here (from nothing). EVERYTHING that we have observe beginning to exist is an example of the rearrangement of stuff that already exists. It is a re-organization, not a beginning.

Jireh wrote:
2. The universe began to exist

Unsupported assumption.

We know nothing about what occurred prior to 10-43 seconds AFTER the Big Bang.

Jireh wrote:
3. Therefore, the universe has a cause

Unsupported conclusion.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

#1385  Postby MrFungus420 » Feb 14, 2012 4:09 am

Jireh wrote:
OlivierK wrote:
Jireh wrote:the light transmits patterns of colour and light. not codified information. Codified information is represented by written words, computer codes, and DNA triplets.

Jireh, what, to you, is the essential distinguishing characteristic between patterns of colour and light and patterns of A, C, G, and T that leads you to observe codification in one, but not the other?

http://www.yourgenome.org/dgg/general/code/code_1.shtml

DNA's code is written in only four 'letters', called A, C, T and G. The meaning of this code lies in the sequence of the letters A, T, C and G in the same way that the meaning of a word lies in the sequence of alphabet letters. Your cells read the DNA sequence to make chemicals that your body needs to survive.

are they called letters, or patterns ?

Neither.

The "letters" are the abbreviations for the names of chemical compounds.

A=Adenine
C=Cytosine
T=Thymine
G=Guanine
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

#1386  Postby Rumraket » Feb 14, 2012 4:47 am

ROFL, oh god... Jireh, please tell me you don't think there are any actual letters in DNA. It's a molecule, you know that right?

Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#1387  Postby Agrippina » Feb 14, 2012 5:32 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Jireh wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Jireh wrote:

where did it come from ?

Biology came from Chemistry. Chemistry came from physics. Physics came from the cooling of the previously hot, dense state of the universe immediately prior to expansion. It's all energy at the end of the day, and energy is everywhere.

and where did the energy come from ? it could not have existed eternally.....

Bare-arsed assertion.

Energy is a damn sight more likely to exist eternally than your god. For a start, god would have needed energy to do anything. So before your god existed, energy did.

And if you make the utterly idiotic claim that god always existed, then you just show that your argument is bankrupt.

I know less than nothing about anything scientific, but even I figured out that it was some form of energy that caused the big bang. I wish someone would figure out what so we can finally cremate all those bibles.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#1388  Postby Stein » Feb 14, 2012 5:43 am

Calilasseia wrote:
Watchman wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen ... I see you are enjoying yourselves playing with Jireh (Angelo)

This is just to point you to the fact that all your responses to his "copied & pasted" arguments and statements have been made already (and in several languages).
(I see you've already noticed his arguments are not actually his arguments at all ).
I urge you to check out the following links from his own website...
http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/t12-for ... stians-etc

http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/t11-eng ... n-the-past

Angelo has been at this for some considerable time... see below ... he even warrants his own "monitoring team".

http://clubecetico.org/forum/index.php?topic=21584.0

Just in case any one was actually expecting a genuine debate.

PS. the lists of websites he has hit can prove quite useful if you are looking to expand your experience of Scepticism or Atheism.

Several of us have known about him since he hit the Richard Dawkins Forums 3 years ago. We've also known about his vanity forum for some time. However, I wasn't aware he'd been so prolific at spamming rationalist forums. I suspect some other people here will be interested in this ...

It's very curious. Angelo has been a proselytizing mythicist in the huge Historical Jesus/Mythicist Jesus thread here for about three years or so (going back to the defunct Richard Dawkins forum). So it's very odd to see him here posting as a theist and not a non-believer at all(!), while 99.9% of the Jesus mythicists I've encountered are atheists. I know of only one exception to that: the poster Kapyong, who is a confirmed Jesus mythicist while also a theist. Could it be that we have a second such case here?

Stein
Stein

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1389  Postby Agrippina » Feb 14, 2012 6:01 am

I don't think Jireh is Angelo/Angelo.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#1390  Postby NilsGLindgren » Feb 14, 2012 6:10 am

I feel a reluctant respect for your tenacity. As a great Swedish philospher (Ingemar Stenmark) said, 'It doesn't pay to explain to them as don't understand'.
H.L. Menken: "Puritanism - the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."
NilsGLindgren

Name: Nyarla Thotep

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#1391  Postby chairman bill » Feb 14, 2012 6:23 am

Jireh, if you really wouldn't mind answering this simple query ...
chairman bill wrote:Once more, Jireh, if you're there
chairman bill wrote:Just one question, Jireh. Please answer it.
chairman bill wrote:Jireh
I accept that my point-by-point reply to your 'wall of block capital text' post might have included rather too many questions for you to answer. So I'll just reiterate the one here, in hope that you'll answer it. Here goes.

chairman bill wrote:REALLY? Oops! Sorry. :oops: Really? The evidence is overwhelming? Yet a few pages ago you wrote,
So if the evidence is by its very nature, ambiguous, how can it be overwhelming? Please explain this discrepancy.

Edit: typo
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1392  Postby OlivierK » Feb 14, 2012 7:02 am

Agrippina wrote:I don't think Jireh is Angelo/Angelo.

Jireh definitely isn't the angelo here on RS, but he's Angelo elsewhere and has a different name here because Angelo was already taken.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1393  Postby angelo » Feb 14, 2012 7:07 am

Okay, who do I sue for branding me a fraud!!! Should I report this? Mods, if you read this, warn the culprit. I am the one and only angelo. :scratch:
angelo

Name: angelo barbato
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1394  Postby angelo » Feb 14, 2012 7:09 am

First time I have ever heard of this Jireh, you can bet your life on it. It's most definitely not me!!!
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1395  Postby LucidFlight » Feb 14, 2012 7:40 am

Have we discovered yet if cells need to be intelligent to use DNA code?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1396  Postby angelo » Feb 14, 2012 8:08 am

Jireh wrote:
Bribase wrote:Meh.

Not that I don't appreciate the intelligence, Watchman. But Whether or not his "evidences" are copied and pasted or simply written once and used to spam various forums isn't very important. What is important is whether or not these arguments stand up to scutiny.

Jireh, there have been several criticisms of your arguments for the existence of your god so far on the thread. It's time for you to either refute these criticisms or concede that your "evidences" are not valid.

The ball is in your court, Jireh.

Instead of following up the criticisms of your proofs with accusations of us being "Blind to the truth", show is how our citicisms are flawed. We explained why we have grave doubts in the soundness of your argument. Ignoring our criticisms simply makes you a guilty of the hypocrisy that you accused us of. We explained why the arguments are flawed, ignoring our critcism makes you, not us guilty of ignoring whatever goes against what you wish to be true.

I have not posted my arguments, with the intent to answer to all criticism. It was not me, opening this thread. I dont have neither time to answer all objections accurately at ones........

Could you please tell the members of this forum that I'm not you or your not me? If you don't mind.
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1397  Postby angelo » Feb 14, 2012 8:11 am

OlivierK wrote:

Jireh definitely isn't the angelo here on RS, but he's Angelo elsewhere and has a different name here because Angelo was already taken.

It's my real name, and I won't change it for anyone. :)
angelo

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1398  Postby chairman bill » Feb 14, 2012 9:05 am

So, having had my dastardly plan upset by the revelation that the Fibonacci Series isn't actually a code, I thought I'd best give up on the line of reasoning I hoped would follow Jireh's answer. But it seems as if all is not yet lost ...
Jireh wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:Image

What does this prove?

It doesnt proove anything, is howeve more powerful evidence of God. How otherwise could it be explained by a unguided random forces , or evolution ?

http://hight3ch.com/fibonacci-sequence- ... print-god/

Jireh
there is an analogy here to the whole 'codes in nature' issue that has been discussed here. There is of course, no code here, but there is a mathematical principle underpinning the apparent design we see. Mathematical principles can be seen to underpin everything in the cosmos. If your god exists, he is at heart, a mathematician. Would you accept this?

Oh, and by the way, please answer the question I have been asking again & again (see above a couple of posts or so).
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1399  Postby Jireh » Feb 14, 2012 9:42 am

OlivierK wrote:

But if you want to convince me that your assertion that DNA patterns are the product of a mind, then you need to back that up, but you - as you admit - are not capable of that, so I'm left with my current understanding, which is far more coherent than the wishful thinking bollocks that you're spouting.

well, the argument goes with a sillogy :

http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/dna-atheists/

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.
Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#1400  Postby LucidFlight » Feb 14, 2012 9:45 am

Jireh, do living cells require intelligence to use DNA code?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism