Texas Christians Protest Non-Discrimination Law

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Texas Christians Protest Non-Discrimination Law

#1  Postby DoctorE » Aug 31, 2013 1:57 pm

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Texas Christians Protest Non-Discrimination Law

#2  Postby Weaver » Aug 31, 2013 2:09 pm

Religious people upset that they cannot impose their religious beliefs on everyone else. News at Eleven.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Sep 01, 2013 3:41 am

Weaver wrote:Religious people upset that they cannot impose their religious beliefs on everyone else. News at Eleven.

And at 12, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

No doubt some of those protesting have no clue what the law would actually mean and are just following the scaremongering leaders.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 01, 2013 4:14 am

If gays can get married I might dump my wife. ….or she may dump me...
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 01, 2013 9:49 am

These people litterally disgust me. :yuk:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 01, 2013 10:08 am

From the other side of the fence:

:crazy:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 01, 2013 10:30 am

More than 350 black and Latino ministers and members of their flocks rallied against proposed updates to the city's nondiscrimination ordinance Tuesday at City Hall, rejecting comparisons between the nation's historic struggle for racial equality and current efforts to safeguard rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

“While we love the people involved, we cannot allow their agenda to stain the fabric, the tapestry, of the civil rights movement,” said the Rev. Charles Flowers, an African-American pastor and early opponent of the measure.

Jim Crow laws, lynching and slavery are not shared experiences with the LGBT community, he said, joining others in asserting that choice — not genetics — drive same-sex attraction and gender identity.

continues....http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Black-Latino-clergy-rally-against-4765586.php

Words fail me on the level of fail expressed here. Discrimination is discrimination, whatever flavour it comes in. Arseholes.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs