10 year old raped girl denied abortion

Paraguay

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: 10 year old raped girl denied abortion

#741  Postby Fallible » May 22, 2015 8:57 am

Yep. This flinging out of assertions with no evidence is tiresome. And lazy. Extremely lazy.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#742  Postby Shrunk » May 22, 2015 10:11 am

michael^3 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:
michael^3 wrote:The waiting time is 24 hours which is not crazy for a decision that is irreversible and that you may regret.

What's "irreversible" about an abortion? If you decide you wanted to be pregnant after all, get pregnant.

Many women regret their abortion. Postabortion regret is much more common than postnatal regret.

Typical pro-life propaganda. The "studies" that have attempted to demonstrate this have been thoroughly debunked:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post1106435.html

I'm pretty sure we've already discussed this. Just like I already explained to you how the study that claimed to show that having more kids makes a woman live longer was false. And then you just go and repeat the same assertion like no one here has heard it before.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#743  Postby Shrunk » May 22, 2015 10:15 am

Kuia wrote:
michael^3 wrote:

Many women regret their abortion. Postabortion regret is much more common than postnatal regret.

Many women do not regret their abortion.
Post abortion non-regret is much more common than postnatal non-regret.

And the few cases of "post abortion regret" that have been documented are entirely due to religious fanatics lying to women and telling them they killed a baby.

No, I have no evidence to support that. It's just true, that's all. That's how it works, right michael?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#744  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 22, 2015 12:22 pm

I see Michael is using the theist 'Magic Roundabout' routine. :yawn:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#745  Postby Teague » May 22, 2015 4:06 pm

michael^3 wrote:
Teague wrote:Then there should be no such thing as "abortion clinics" and instead, these procedures should be done at a hospital.

Why do we have clinics dedicated to abortions, again?

Because most health professionals recognize the absurdity of saving lives in one room and destroying it in the next.

There is nothing absurd between one medical procedure and another medical procedure, Michael.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#746  Postby Teague » May 22, 2015 4:48 pm

michael^3 wrote:
purplerat wrote:
michael^3 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

It shows that fertility rate for the lowest income group is almost twice that of the highest. Doesn't seem like the conspiracy to "eradicate the poor" thru abortion is having much effect.

A fertility that is twice as high does not mean it is sufficient to sustain the group, as life is much more hazardous for the poor group.

Just look at the odds of being shot by a cop if you belong to the wrong group. :roll:

Why would you want to sustain poverty?

I'd rather "sustain" poverty than encourage poor people to gradually extinct themselves through abortion.

Gradually extinct themselves through abortion - what kind of idiotic thinking is this? What the fuck!? LMFAO!

So Michael, care to take a stab at how many more people there are on the world now as to how many there were 50 years ago and how that number is increasing?

Now take a stab at how many of those are poor.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#747  Postby Teague » May 22, 2015 4:49 pm

michael^3 wrote:
Teague wrote:For every baby born, one is naturally aborted. It seems our species is having more abortions than black people. Yet when I pointed out this natural abortion rate several pages ago, you dismissed it with a hand wave and were clearly unconcerned about this rate that god deems necessary (and proving in this fantasy realm that fetus' are nothing special, either) to fail - what efforts are you making to ensure that every single fetus is saved?

Atheists who cannot shut up about god :lol:

Shit answer - care to address the point or call quits to this little trolling exercise?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#748  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
The Vatican announced on Friday the results of a papal investigation of the concept of limbo. Church doctrine now states that unbaptized babies can go to heaven instead of getting stuck somewhere between heaven and hell. If limbo doesn't exist, what happened to everyone who was supposed to have been there already?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2007/04/the_end_of_limbo.html

Sounds like Christians should be positively lining up to abort their fetuses now, since it sends them directly to Heaven. I wonder when the onset of original sin is? Standing up? Talking?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#749  Postby ScholasticSpastic » May 22, 2015 5:47 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
The Vatican announced on Friday the results of a papal investigation of the concept of limbo. Church doctrine now states that unbaptized babies can go to heaven instead of getting stuck somewhere between heaven and hell. If limbo doesn't exist, what happened to everyone who was supposed to have been there already?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2007/04/the_end_of_limbo.html

Sounds like Christians should be positively lining up to abort their fetuses now, since it sends them directly to Heaven. I wonder when the onset of original sin is? Standing up? Talking?

Oh, I may have misunderstood this bit. Glad to see that they get to pretend their unbaptized babies are in heaven rather than hell, though. Well, sort of glad. It probably would have helped underscore how bloody awful their god is if the babies were simply sent directly to hell. But I guess this is more consistent with an abusive-relationship-god of the sort they're carrying on with. Does a few nice things so his victims can fixate on those and keep ignoring what a bastard he is.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#750  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Well, it says they "can go to heaven" which doesn't mean they must go to heaven, but how would that even be determined? It's a baby, it can't do anything. Sins of the father? Whatever the method, I'm sure they'll tell people whatever they want to hear to keep their butts in the pews.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#751  Postby ScholasticSpastic » May 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Well, of course, every parent will JUST KNOW that their baby is one who went to heaven. ;)
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#752  Postby Shrunk » May 22, 2015 7:48 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:Oh, I may have misunderstood this bit. Glad to see that they get to pretend their unbaptized babies are in heaven rather than hell, though. Well, sort of glad. It probably would have helped underscore how bloody awful their god is if the babies were simply sent directly to hell.

They only might be in heaven. Here is the official position of The Mother Church:

Our conclusion is that the many factors that we have considered above give serious theological and liturgical grounds for hope that unbaptised infants who die will be saved and enjoy the Beatific Vision. We emphasise that these are reasons for prayerful hope, rather than grounds for sure knowledge. There is much that simply has not been revealed to us (cf. Jn 16:12). We live by faith and hope in the God of mercy and love who has been revealed to us in Christ, and the Spirit moves us to pray in constant thankfulness and joy (cf. 1 Thess 5:18).

What has been revealed to us is that the ordinary way of salvation is by the sacrament of Baptism. None of the above considerations should be taken as qualifying the necessity of Baptism or justifying delay in administering the sacrament.[135] Rather, as we want to reaffirm in conclusion, they provide strong grounds for hope that God will save infants when we have not been able to do for them what we would have wished to do, namely, to baptize them into the faith and life of the Church.

As I read that, what it effectively says is: If we go by the rules as God has revealed them, unbaptized infants go straight to hell. But that would be a real asshole move, wouldn't it? Since God presumably does not want to be seen as an asshole, he will surely find some loophole to spare the infants eternal torture. At least, we hope so."
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#753  Postby ScholasticSpastic » May 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Shrunk wrote:
As I read that, what it effectively says is: If we go by the rules as God has revealed them, unbaptized infants go straight to hell. But that would be a real asshole move, wouldn't it? Since God presumably does not want to be seen as an asshole, he will surely find some loophole to spare the infants eternal torture. At least, we hope so."

My initial understanding was more like this. That unbaptized kids went straight to hell.

If ensoulment occurs at the moment of conception, we could be winding up with most souls going to hell before even getting a chance to have been born due simply to the natural rate of spontaneous abortion. Which would basically mean that the Christian god intentionally created a world in which His biological designs ensured that the majority of his beloved children had NO CHOICE but to burn in fire forever.

Bit problematic, that.
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#754  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Well, that's besides the fact that every single human being that was born and lived before the creation of baptism would go straight to hell. To paraphrase: for hundreds of thousands of years, heaven watches with complete indifference. The Church can only hope that what they choose to believe isn't actually true.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#755  Postby Shrunk » May 23, 2015 12:21 am

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

My initial understanding was more like this. That unbaptized kids went straight to hell.

If ensoulment occurs at the moment of conception, we could be winding up with most souls going to hell before even getting a chance to have been born due simply to the natural rate of spontaneous abortion. Which would basically mean that the Christian god intentionally created a world in which His biological designs ensured that the majority of his beloved children had NO CHOICE but to burn in fire forever.

Bit problematic, that.

Whoever came up with the idea of "ensoulment" was not aware of the high rate of spontaneous abortion. Which right away rules out anyone omniscient.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#756  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 23, 2015 12:26 am

Now now, I'm sure there's a scripture verse somewhere that could be interpreted in some sort of way that such things were accounted for. It just hasn't been revealed to us yet.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#757  Postby ScholasticSpastic » May 23, 2015 2:12 am

Speaking in favor of many Christian cults, these problems we're going over are only damning for Catholicism and for other sects which include in their doctrine that unbaptized people will burn in hell. If you count Mormons as Christians, it can be stated that not all Christians believe in hell- which is actually a much less problematic sort of dogma. Of course, the LDS church has made its own problem precepts.
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#758  Postby scott1328 » May 23, 2015 4:30 am

As far as I know, the bible supports the concept of ensoulment when the baby draws its first breath. This view is common across cultures. The word spirit derives from the Greek word for "breath"

This is the view my own baptist church held up until the late seventies. And then everything got so radicalized.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#759  Postby michael^3 » May 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Shrunk wrote:
Kuia wrote:
michael^3 wrote:

Many women do not regret their abortion.
Post abortion non-regret is much more common than postnatal non-regret.

And the few cases of "post abortion regret" that have been documented are entirely due to religious fanatics lying to women and telling them they killed a baby.

No, I have no evidence to support that. It's just true, that's all. That's how it works, right michael?

According to this study, only 70% of women who have an abortion would have the abortion again. This to me suggest that the decision for abortion is taken too easily.

http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article ... eid=481643

Two years postabortion, 301 (72%) of 418 women were satisfied with their decision; 306 (69%) of 441 said they would have the abortion again
Happy the man who delights in God's law and meditates on it day and night.
michael^3

Print view this post

#760  Postby ScholasticSpastic » May 25, 2015 6:13 pm

michael^3 wrote:
According to this study, only 70% of women who have an abortion would have the abortion again. This to me suggest that the decision for abortion is taken too fast.

http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article ... eid=481643

Two years postabortion, 301 (72%) of 418 women were satisfied with their decision; 306 (69%) of 441 said they would have the abortion again

That's a pretty big majority to call "only." You sure there isn't some sort of bias on your part? ;)
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs