Renewed warnings of extremism on UK university campuses

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Renewed warnings of extremism on UK university campuses

#181  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Thommo wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:
Thommo wrote:One says "Islam" and the other says "muslims". Why on Earth would you assume someone clearly talking about one is confusing it with the other? And if you don't why post a non sequitur? :scratch:

Because if I say just Islam is bad in both sentences I'll get the 'what about the Islam' that is peaceful, which is mixing Muslims with Islam, when one refers to a book and the other is a group of people.

No, "Qu'ran" refers to a book, "Islam" refers to a religion, "Muslims" refers to a group of people.

But if you have to change or misrepresent what people say to make your point, I put it to you that is not a point worth making.

Yeah? And what are you?

Ner-ner!

Sorry, just giving Peter some tips in distraction.
Last edited by Spearthrower on Jul 21, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#182  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Here are the problem with citing videos without any argumentation.

1) You use them as appeals to authority
2) They often have nothing relevant to say on the topic
3) They often completely contradict your position, and even expressly reject prejudice.

From Peter's video:

Sam Harris wrote:I would not want to.... give any shelter or inspiration to the hatred of Muslims as a people.

From Peter's own words:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/islam ... l#p2252185

Peter Brown wrote:They (Muslims) can be the most disgusting specimens of inhumanity that you can find on this earth.

They (being the people on MemriTV)

Way to go showing what sort of misrepsentating ++++ you really are, how you post just to anger bully others into saying that you are a ++++ and so get them banned or whatever. Same goes for the rest of you ++++
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#183  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Here are the problem with citing videos without any argumentation.

3) They often completely contradict your position, and even expressly reject prejudice.

From Peter's video:

Sam Harris wrote:I would not want to.... give any shelter or inspiration to the hatred of Muslims as a people.

From Peter's own words:

Peter Brown wrote:They (Muslims) can be the most disgusting specimens of inhumanity that you can find on this earth.

Way to go showing what sort of misrepsentating ++++ you really are, how you post just to anger bully others into saying that you are a ++++ and so get them banned or whatever. Same goes for the rest of you ++++

IS THAT A MOUSE? LOOK!

Didn't work again, Peter.

No one was talking about MemriTV - you really don't know when to stop lying.

Btw, putting ++++ doesn't actually mean you're not swearing at me, Peter - this isn't the playground, nor is it a Judaic g-d we're talking about.

You're not being bullied - you're having your prejudice shoved back down your throat. Don't like it? Don't fucking espouse it.

Incidentally - I'm bullying you into abusing me? How does that work then? :scratch:

Oh wait, the good old 'you made me do it'....
Last edited by Spearthrower on Jul 21, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#184  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 21, 2015 2:51 pm

++++ if I could think of a word worse than cunt, cretin, twat I'd fucking use it

Not only would I not piss on you lot if you were on fire I'd pour on more petrol to be sure you all died!!

Hope your fucking happy cunts!
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#185  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Peter Brown wrote:++++ if I could think of a word worse than cunt, cretin, twat I'd fucking use it

Not only would I not piss on you lot if you were on fire I'd pour on more petrol to be sure you all died!!

Hope your fucking happy cunts!

And we're not even Muslims. Imagine what Peter would do to them.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#186  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Peter Brown wrote:

From Peter's video:

From Peter's own words:

Utter bollocks Peter. That was a direct response to SAM post about Muslims in general.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#187  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:

From Peter's video:

From Peter's own words:

Utter bollocks Peter. That was a direct response to SAM post about Muslims in general.

This is what makes it so transparent. Just as he won't acknowledge that extremist violence done in the name of Islam represents less than 1% of all Muslims, because acknowledging that makes his schtick about all Muslims look really fucking stupid.

He must think we were born yesterday.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#188  Postby Blip » Jul 21, 2015 3:33 pm

!
MODNOTE
Peter Brown, this is a warning about your post here, in which you write:

’++++ if I could think of a word worse than cunt, cretin, twat I'd fucking use it Not only would I not piss on you lot if you were on fire I'd pour on more petrol to be sure you all died!! Hope your fucking happy cunts!’

This contravenes the Forum Users’ Agreement, specifically section 1.2e, which concerns inflammatory posting and section 1.2c, which concerns personal attack.

Please desist from posting like this or you may face further sanction.

Any comments on this modnote or moderation should not be made in the thread as they will be considered off topic.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#189  Postby surreptitious57 » Aug 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
I wish to do violence in the most horrific ways you can imagine

Then go seek professional help immediately for it is not a place you should be in at all

If being here is facilitating it you seriously need to stay away until these thoughts stop
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#190  Postby Peter Brown » Aug 29, 2015 9:22 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:
I wish to do violence in the most horrific ways you can imagine

Then go seek professional help immediately for it is not a place you should be in at all

If being here is facilitating it you seriously need to stay away until these thoughts stop

LOL

I asked my GP to forward me to a psych because my meds had become less effective after taking a med to stop smoking months before that all happened. I've still not had an appointment given, but that is par for the NHS system here. If your not suicidal you don't get seen, and if you are, you might get a phone call to see if your dead yet. If you do see a psych they are next to incompetent, last one nearly killed me by withdrawing my meds without any replacements!!! I tried reporting him for that and other mistakes he made, shit, I even thought he might be a fake doctor he was that clueless. But the Mental Health system since it was removed from the Hospital to community is designed to shunt complaints about as nobody accepts its their job to be involved in the procedure. I gave up in the end and decided my only option is cope best as I can as I can be far worse off if I seek help.

They are safe, they don't live anywhere near me.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#191  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Aug 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Peter Brown wrote:

They are safe, they don't live anywhere near me.

Irrelevant, threats are both a sign you cannot defend yourself with reason and against the FUA.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#192  Postby surreptitious57 » Aug 29, 2015 9:43 pm

I have nothing to say to that but hope you can see how your recent interactions with others here
is not exactly helping matters. If you can see that is it possible you could exercise some impulse
control since wanting to wish actual harm on members here is doing your mental health no good
at all. If you can not do that then take a break from here. That is all I can say but it is up to you
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam