A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

#6942  Postby willhud9 » Oct 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Mazille wrote:I know nothing about Jessica Jones. Is she a character from Daredevil? It did say Hell's Kitchen in the trailer.

Jessica is a detective....who also has superhuman strength and agility and can fly. She is not bulletproof or superwoman. She can take a serious beating, but can be mortally injured.

She is a rather b-list character, but I am excited what Marvel plans on doing with her. :)
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6943  Postby Mazille » Oct 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Animavore wrote:That final episode of Rick and Morty...

Yeah. Holy fuck.
That "Hurt" version...
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#6944  Postby willhud9 » Oct 08, 2015 3:39 am

American Horror Story: Hotel is quite hilarious. I was definitely laughing through most of tonight's premiere. It was a good thing.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6945  Postby Mac_Guffin » Oct 08, 2015 6:58 am

Animavore wrote:That final episode of Rick and Morty...

I'm in love with that show. It's everything I ever wanted in a cartoon and then some.
It could just be funny and still be great, but I feel a whole range of emotions when watching.
Mac_Guffin

Name: Christopher
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6946  Postby Mike_L » Oct 08, 2015 8:32 am

Thoroughly enjoyed the first season (only six episodes! :waah: ) of this...

Different from the original series, but in a good way, IMO. Character-driven with a slow build-up to the final episode, which chillingly reveals the full extent of the fall of L.A.
The night-time opening scenes of the city illuminated only by moonlight and a few out-of-control fires. Brilliant! :clap:

As for the original series...
I felt that it had started to meander a bit after the blood-soaked exit of the Guv. But season 5 got interesting again and ended off on a high note. Looking forward to the start of season 6 in a few days... (this Sunday).
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#6947  Postby MattHunX » Oct 09, 2015 7:20 am

Not really liking ARROW, anymore. All the fucking lovey-dovey scenes and inconsistent character development.

At first, Thea is all happy and excited. Then, in the next fight she nearly beats a guy to death, because...? Why exactly? She's suddenly out of control? Bitch, please. Bad writing much?
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6948  Postby quas » Oct 09, 2015 7:42 am

ARROW was bad, right from the start. Overtly cheesy dialogues and acting. Badly editted action scenes. It was nowhere near as good as Nikita.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#6949  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 09, 2015 9:27 am

MattHunX wrote:Not really liking ARROW, anymore. All the fucking lovey-dovey scenes and inconsistent character development.

At first, Thea is all happy and excited. Then, in the next fight she nearly beats a guy to death, because...? Why exactly? She's suddenly out of control? Bitch, please. Bad writing much?

Wasn't even aware that had started again.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6950  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 09, 2015 10:10 am

Suddenntime jump/skip at the end of the episode.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6951  Postby MattHunX » Oct 09, 2015 10:15 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Suddenntime jump/skip at the end of the episode.

Some weird foreshadowing thing?
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6952  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

The first new epsiode of the Flash was kinda all over the lkace.
Dont know what to make of it.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6953  Postby Mac_Guffin » Oct 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Mike_L wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed the first season (only six episodes! :waah: ) of this...

Different from the original series, but in a good way, IMO. Character-driven with a slow build-up to the final episode, which chillingly reveals the full extent of the fall of L.A.
The night-time opening scenes of the city illuminated only by moonlight and a few out-of-control fires. Brilliant! :clap:

As for the original series...
I felt that it had started to meander a bit after the blood-soaked exit of the Guv. But season 5 got interesting again and ended off on a high note. Looking forward to the start of season 6 in a few days... (this Sunday).

My problem with the show is that I don't give a shit about most of the characters. They bore me to death. Strand and Salizar are good though.

As far as TWD goes, I LOVE the comic. The show often falls flat, but is mostly entertaining. There are exceptions, but the show tends to be better when they stick closer to the comics and worse when they do new things.
Luckily, the show has been sticking closer than ever to the comics. The scene where Bob gets eaten is almost exactly like the comics, except that it's Dale who gets eaten.
If you're interested in seeing comparisons, look at these:
http://www.thewalkingdead.com/tag/panel-to-screen/

This season is going to be the best ever. Some cool things from the comic should be adapted. Plus, my favorite character will be introduced. :D This guy:
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6954  Postby Mike_L » Oct 10, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks for the link to that site. :thumbup: Interesting to see the comic and TV versions side-by-side!

Rumor (see here) is that Negan will appear in the final episode of season 6.
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#6955  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 10, 2015 10:06 am

Final episode of Continuum.
Real bittersweet ending.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6956  Postby Animavore » Oct 10, 2015 10:37 am

The new American Horror Story is pure, self-indulgent drivel. Tell you one thing, though, the rumours of Ladt Ga-Ga being really a man are completely unsubstantiated. She is all woman.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#6957  Postby Animavore » Oct 10, 2015 2:57 pm

This is one of the funniest things on TV right now.

Why are children getting better stuff than us? The latest episode managed to make oblique digs at lolcats, annoying YouTube ads, trolls, Rick Astley, Anita Sarkeesian, and even, I believe, cyriak!
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#6958  Postby Mac_Guffin » Oct 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Mike_L wrote:Thanks for the link to that site. :thumbup: Interesting to see the comic and TV versions side-by-side!

Rumor (see here) is that Negan will appear in the final episode of season 6.

I know. I follow The Spoiling Dead Fans. They always have spoiler news before anyone else and they're as accurate as Snopes is with general information/myths.
My other fav. character Paul "Jesus" Monroe will appear around ep. 10.
I hope Negan will be cast well. I'm impressed with a lot of their newer castings, so I have a good feeling. Too bad Negan won't be able to say fuck a lot, but it's no big loss. His personality is more important than his profanity.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6959  Postby Nostalgia » Oct 10, 2015 9:36 pm

Mac_Guffin wrote:I hope Negan will be cast well. I'm impressed with a lot of their newer castings, so I have a good feeling. Too bad Negan won't be able to say fuck a lot, but it's no big loss. His personality is more important than his profanity.

Agreed. Negan, if cast incorrectly, could come across as quite a stereotypical bad guy, which he most certainly is not. You know who I think would be good for the role? Sawyer from Lost.

EDIT: I've just remembered one of my favourite parts of the whole comic... when Rick is explaining to the captured and jailed Negan that if he was only willing to work with the other communities they could of built something wonderful together. And Negan's response is along the lines of "Oh fuck, you're right!". Really hope that bit makes it into the show.

And I too cannot wait for Jesus to be in the show. He's one of my favorites.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#6960  Postby Mac_Guffin » Oct 11, 2015 3:17 am

I think Sawyer is too small. I really do think he needs to be physically imposing. That is a big part of his character.
I think the requirements are: physically imposing; funny; intelligent; psychopathic, but with standards (lawful evil). For me personally, I'd love someone who matches the comic perfectly. I don't want to think of the actor's other roles. I want to see Negan when I see him.

lol I hope all my fav. Negan moments happen in some form. This one's my favorite:

It's Negan in a nutshell.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV