A global flood preserved these sedimentary features?

Mudcracks, ripples, raindrop impression, tracks, burrows, etc.

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: A global flood preserved these sedimentary features?

#41  Postby laklak » Jan 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Yeah but no but yeah but God just fixed it all.

I remember an "argument" (more like a comedy routine) with a cretinist member of the extended family. She wasn't actually intelligent enough to argue with, so I was just poking the bear a bit, to my sister's chagrin as it occurred at her dining table. I brought up the improbable number of species Ol' Noah would have had to collect, and she said he didn't have to get every species, just every kind. She further explained that it only took two of the horse kind, and after they landed God made donkeys, mules, and zebras from the horses. Same with bears - you only need two - then God makes grizzlies and blacks and whatnot. Except polar bears, I imagine, as they were scared white by jangling keys. Monkeys too (which in her mind included apes, lemurs, and probably all other primates). Get a couple of chimps, then make them bigger (gorillas), or smaller (howlers), stretch their arms (orangutans). And so it goes.

The best, though, was how all the animals got from Mt. Ararat to Australia, Antarctica, South America,etc. Ready? Ice floes. Yep. They got on ice floes (move to the front, please, no shoving!), and God floated them to the proper place.

You can't make it up. Maybe Pratchett could, but no one else.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#42  Postby Ibis117 » Jan 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Calilasseia wrote:
Ibis117 wrote:
Some days at work can seem very long.

Several problems with this fatuous creationist assertion that was dropped in your lap.

<snip>

So, I think we can conclude from all this, that the creationist in question is engaging in the usual creationist practice of rectal vocalisation. Otherwise known as talking out of his arse.

Oh I agree. The odd thing, he's no creationist. He's simply the most gullible person I've ever met.
Any conspiracy theory going is fair game, 9/11, Sandy Hook, this asteroid thing, Masons, pyramids, David Icke and his lizards, Steven Greer and his free energy from the vacuum within atoms, the Queen being the love-child of Winston Churchill, the lot.
He seems incapable of picking one and sticking with it, or even undertaking the most basic research.

The latest one was how there is no commercial shipping *at all* in the North Atlantic at the moment.

He's not incapable of reasoned thought - he's an accountant by trade, and more bizarrely, given the above, a Freemason.
Ibis117

Name: Nick Knowles

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Hang on, this person is an accountant?

I thought accountants were supposed to be picked specifically from the most boringly stable people possible? Not least because they're handling other people's money?

If this is no longer the case, no wonder the banking system's fucked.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#44  Postby mingthething » Jan 12, 2016 12:46 am

Pauling had his Vitamin C.
Newton had alchemy.
Apparently accountants sometimes have creationism.

No surprise.
mingthething

Name: Lee

Malaysia (my)
Print view this post

#45  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Jan 12, 2016 1:22 am

Well Newton was kinda right. Just for the wrong reasons and going about it in the wrong way. If only had thought to use a particle accelerator. :think:
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#46  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Jan 12, 2016 3:48 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Well Newton was kinda right. Just for the wrong reasons and going about it in the wrong way. If only had thought to use a particle accelerator. :think:

If Newton had thought to use a particle accelerator, he would have TWO cookies named after him.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Alan C » Jan 16, 2016 8:10 am

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:Well Newton was kinda right. Just for the wrong reasons and going about it in the wrong way. If only had thought to use a particle accelerator. :think:

If Newton had thought to use a particle accelerator, he would have TWO cookies named after him.

If it's good enough for revolutionaries;

Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism