Doing God's Will - a solution to a fickle, no free will life

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Doing God's Will - a solution to a fickle, no free will life

#121  Postby monkeyboy » Mar 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Dark energy wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Dark energy wrote:
Manticore wrote:"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole
life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the
tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
[Isaac Asimov]

you are wrong,there is no boredom in heaven/pradise.it is an everlasting highs.

Is that factual? Like you have evidence to support this claim or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

Sure other people have asked similar, I know I have. What happens when a young widow remarried and gets to heaven. Will she be reunited with her first husband who she loved prior to his death or the guy she married later and spent the rest of her life with?
What happens with stalkers who spend their life dreaming of being with the object of their dreams, do they get to spend eternity with someone who doesn't want them anywhere near them?
What happens when someone's idea of heaven clashes diametrically with someone else's? I like heavy metal, drinking and uncomplicated sexual encounters with no strings. So will there be piped heavy metal, a copious supply of nibble and available women, beer fountains and people handing out perfectly cooked steak at the click of my fingers? Will people who annoy me cease to exist or instantly vanish the moment they start to annoy me?
I like dogs but don't like cats. Will there only be dogs, but no dog shit, in heaven?
I can go all day. I would appreciate answers to all of the above though since you seem to know the score with heaven. Most of all though, I'd love to know how you know. Is there a brochure?

Good Questions,but answering your questions will sound preachy which will result in me receiving a warning.all i can say,you will be satisfied in heaven. :)

Total cop out.
Just stick to how you know then. Some evidence would be good too. What if my idea of heaven was one where I just spend all my time shooting people in the face with no comebacks and an endless supply of ammo?
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Doing God's Will - a solution to a fickle, no free will life

#122  Postby BlackBart » Mar 27, 2017 6:56 am

Dark energy wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Dark energy wrote:
Manticore wrote:"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole
life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the
tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
[Isaac Asimov]

you are wrong,there is no boredom in heaven/pradise.it is an everlasting highs.

Is that factual? Like you have evidence to support this claim or is it just wishful thinking on your part?

Sure other people have asked similar, I know I have. What happens when a young widow remarried and gets to heaven. Will she be reunited with her first husband who she loved prior to his death or the guy she married later and spent the rest of her life with?
What happens with stalkers who spend their life dreaming of being with the object of their dreams, do they get to spend eternity with someone who doesn't want them anywhere near them?
What happens when someone's idea of heaven clashes diametrically with someone else's? I like heavy metal, drinking and uncomplicated sexual encounters with no strings. So will there be piped heavy metal, a copious supply of nibble and available women, beer fountains and people handing out perfectly cooked steak at the click of my fingers? Will people who annoy me cease to exist or instantly vanish the moment they start to annoy me?
I like dogs but don't like cats. Will there only be dogs, but no dog shit, in heaven?
I can go all day. I would appreciate answers to all of the above though since you seem to know the score with heaven. Most of all though, I'd love to know how you know. Is there a brochure?

Good Questions,but answering your questions will sound preachy which will result in me receiving a warning

Unless you provide reasonable argument and/or facts and avoid idiotic bare assertions....

.all i can say,you will be satisfied in heaven. :)

...like that one.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity