Video game(s) you're playing

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Video game(s) you're playing

#10521  Postby UncertainSloth » Apr 20, 2017 8:23 pm

thanks for the heads up on that...ive been relying on one save so far....
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10522  Postby Animavore » Apr 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Save before anything major. I'm going to keep major saves way down the bottom too so I don't write over them by mistake. Unfortunately saves don't have descriptions.

Hope I can beat this bum tomorrow.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10523  Postby MattHunX » Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am

Almost fucking done with my first and possibly only full play-through of MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA .

110+ hours. Feels like a fucking chore to do. Gonna start a fem-Ryder and fuck about a bit. Literally, too. Then watch squad banter and other stuff on YouTube, because I am NOT going through all this, again. :nono:

Game isn't as polished or as memorable as the first 3. Or just the 1st, really. Story is exciting, but not that epic (just about to return to Meridian, so it may yet grow).

Soundtrack is forgettable, unlike in the first 3 games.

Lots of bugs, including very noticeable ones, like not being able to talk to NPCs, because the button prompt doesn't shows up properly, only from certain angles or not, at all.

Skills system and the profiles are fun. Even though I'm only using two out of four, but that's me limiting my own experience.

Still couldn't get the update, because no one uploaded it, separately. People kept whining about the inventory size, which the update increased to an absolutely mental 200. Unnecessary. Did just fine with 50, for most of the game, then 80 with the pod-upgrades. Comfortably enough. Facial animations weren't terrible. Barely any weirder or lacking any more than in previous games. Saw comparison with the update. Not much of a difference. And if I don't use the default fem-Ryder, it is even less noticeable.

Squad-mates weren't any less or any more interesting. What WAS interesting is the references they made or ties some characters had to other in the previous games. Kandros at Operations being related to Nyreen, Garrus' dad on call with Alec Ryder, Liara in the logs, the Shadow Broker, Okeer is mentioned. The reviews I read said we'd barely get any mentions of earlier character. But, I actually saw a lot of nice references that brought a smile to my face. :)

I can see where the comments, who say this was the B-Team, are coming from. Still entertaining. Not leave it on my hard-drive in case of future DLC, which I can play after the campaign. But, I don't see any room or need for those.

One of the funniest moments:

MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-20 20-04-42-271.jpg
MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-20 20-04-42-271.jpg (717.71 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Love that old coot! 8-)
MattHunX

Print view this post

#10524  Postby Animavore » Apr 21, 2017 9:34 am

Had to lower the difficulty. Wasn't happy about it, but I was getting minced at the third stage with no survivability.
The tactic is clear. Run through a Palace really early in the mission. Save before activating the boss fight. Suss out boss's attack moves. Go back to save and don't activate fight. Spend the next couple of weeks preparing and fight boss on the deadline.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10525  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 21, 2017 9:37 am

Thank goodness you are playing it. I would be bored to tears.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#10526  Postby Animavore » Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm bored to tears with your negative posts. If I get cranky like you when I'm older I'm buying a one-way ticket to Switzerland.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10527  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Animavore wrote:I'm bored to tears with your negative posts. If I get cranky like you when I'm older I'm buying a one-way ticket to Switzerland.

Who is being negative? Just commentating. I just cant imagine playing that long. To get so involved to me is quite amazing. Never done it. I programmed once for 72 hours non-stop but that was financially motivated.

BTW I dont need a ticket to Switzerland I can just go and see my GP. Dont be grumpy now. :lol:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#10528  Postby Thommo » Apr 21, 2017 2:37 pm

All the Persona 5 talk makes me want to play it, I've read good things about the series for years, but never had the chance to play one. It's been sold out on the main online retailers for weeks though. :(
Thommo

Print view this post

#10529  Postby Animavore » Apr 21, 2017 4:40 pm

I got it on download. I think it's sold out 'til mid May. They really underestimated how popular it would be.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10530  Postby UncertainSloth » Apr 21, 2017 5:05 pm

aye, i got one of the last steelbooks i could find online the day before release....its a thing of beauty, wish i could've afforded the collectors edition, tbh...
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10531  Postby aban57 » Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

I haven't bought a DVD/BR game in 7/8 years. That's one of the reasons why I'm so reluctant to buy a Switch. 32Go of hard drive is a fucking disgrace.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#10532  Postby Animavore » Apr 22, 2017 11:50 am

Over 30 hours of gameplay and I'm only just starting - starting mind - to get used to a fixed map.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10533  Postby UncertainSloth » Apr 22, 2017 12:20 pm

aye, the maps does my head in at times...just starting to get to grips with it at the end of the first palace...reminds me, must crack on with this today

and regarding the 'bored to tears' bit - i can sink hour upon hour quite happily into a story led game or an rpg but the one that bores me to tears and i don;t even bother with anymore is an rts or a management type game...just do not see the point....
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10534  Postby MattHunX » Apr 22, 2017 2:56 pm

It's just impossible to make good-enough looking female in Mass Effect: Andromeda. I wasn't completely satisfied with my male, either.

The weird thing in the character creation is, whatever you do, facial features always get exaggerated at the end. When you zoom out to view your character in full, the face looks different than when it is zoomed in. The mouth gets wider, lips fuller, further up, nose points further out, brows get lower, face gets wider and pudgier, eye-spacing gets narrower. The lighting doesn't help, either. And that issue was there in previous games, too, including the Dragon Age series. Character creation disappointingly lacks depth. And whoever came up with the tattoos should snort...something that will give them more creativity.

Once in a blue Moon frame, during a cut-scene, when the lighting is right, the character looks good. Most of the time, though, it's weird.

MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-22 15-19-10-639.jpg
MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-22 15-19-10-639.jpg (487.05 KiB) Viewed 786 times

MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-22 15-19-40-258.jpg
MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-22 15-19-40-258.jpg (511.99 KiB) Viewed 786 times

MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-22 16-37-23-369.jpg
MassEffectAndromeda 2017-04-22 16-37-23-369.jpg (506.9 KiB) Viewed 786 times
MattHunX

Print view this post

#10535  Postby DoctorE » Apr 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Having a good time playing Zelda on Nintendo switch, great game guys,
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#10536  Postby SafeAsMilk » Apr 22, 2017 4:54 pm

MattHunX wrote:It's just impossible to make good-enough looking female in Mass Effect: Andromeda. I wasn't completely satisfied with my male, either.

The weird thing in the character creation is, whatever you do, facial features always get exaggerated at the end.

I found this was the case with the older ME games too. Nobody ever ended up looking as good as they did when I set them up. Same with the Bethesda games too, they just end up different somehow, more goofy.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10537  Postby SafeAsMilk » Apr 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Thommo wrote:All the Persona 5 talk makes me want to play it, I've read good things about the series for years, but never had the chance to play one. It's been sold out on the main online retailers for weeks though. :(

It seems like this is the one to play, of the last 3 anyway. 1 and 2 are much more like the older SMT games, not so much of the high school simulator anime thing.

Glad to hear it's sold out in the sense that it's successful, but now I'm wishing I'd bought the steel box version when I had a chance...even though I probably won't be able to play it until later in the summer. Don't want to download it, good games like this I want to own a physical copy.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10538  Postby Animavore » Apr 22, 2017 7:54 pm

For a game which goes through an inordinate amount of tutorial they could've told me the shortcut to highlight an enemy's stats without having to cycle through the Tactics menu every time, rather than me finding out when I accidentally pressed the wrong button. It was the only thing that was annoying me. :nono:

(The button is L1)
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10539  Postby Animavore » Apr 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Tutorial>Battle>Shadow Personalities.

If you read nothing else in the tutorial (there's a lot) make sure you read that and never fail another negotiation.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10540  Postby Thommo » Apr 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Sounds like you're pretty engrossed with that game. I'm still jealous. :(
Thommo

Print view this post

PreviousNext