President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#9361  Postby Animavore » Oct 05, 2017 12:13 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9362  Postby Animavore » Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9363  Postby KeenIdiot » Oct 06, 2017 12:26 am

Been catching up on a backlog of Big Finish Doctor Who. Don't really see the point in following the news.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9364  Postby Animavore » Oct 06, 2017 12:47 pm

I notice they're selling Trump Halloween masks and attire. :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9365  Postby Tero » Oct 06, 2017 1:55 pm

http://karireport.blogspot.com/
This is how American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#9366  Postby Willie71 » Oct 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Animavore wrote:I notice they're selling Trump Halloween masks and attire. :lol:

Just made me think of this:

well, the 'mericuns chose alien, rather than predator. The rest of the world has to burn now.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9367  Postby Tero » Oct 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Turns out Trump does not care who anybody f*cks, but going after contraceptives was another way to go after Obamacare. merely a campaign promise! Therefore sacred. Wall is next.
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9368  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 07, 2017 3:39 am

Tero wrote:Turns out Trump does not care who anybody f*cks, but going after contraceptives was another way to go after Obamacare. merely a campaign promise! Therefore sacred. Wall is next.

More on this here ...

I really hope this backfires on the bastard in the most embarrassing way possible ... as in being caught getting someone other than his wife pregnant. Especially if the scandal is accompanied, like that of another Republican wanktard, by E-mails in which he tells his pregnant mistress to get an abortion. Question is, is he reckless enough to hand us that gift?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9369  Postby crank » Oct 07, 2017 7:02 am

Willie71 wrote:
Teague wrote:
Pulsar wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/353355-trump-dedicates-golf-trophy-to-puerto-rico-hurricane-victims

Trump dedicates golf trophy to hurricane victims

President Trump on Sunday dedicated a golf trophy to the victims of recent powerful storms that tore through Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, all the while defending the government's response to the disasters.

"On behalf of all of the people of Texas, and all of the people -- if you look today and see what is happening, how horrible it is but we have it under really great control -- Puerto Rico and the people of Florida who have really suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes, I want to just remember them," the president said.

"And we're going to dedicate this trophy to all of those people that went through so much that we love -- a part of our great state, really part of our great nation," he continued.

Trump's remarks were made as he presented the trophy to U.S. captain Steve Strickler following the Presidents Cup golf tournament in New Jersey.

:picard:

Oh FFS are you fucking serious??

LOL what an absolute COCK!

Dementia, syphillis, Alzheimer's? Something is wrong. This is beyond just being an insensitive asshole. Listen to his speech patterns (beyond this little snippet.) His repeating, starting, stopping, changing subjects mid stream all look like thought disorder. Maybe a stroke? I've seen this on psych units before. It's not regular psychotic thought disorder. Every client I saw talk like this had brain damage of some sort.

I'm kinda late, but this really stood out. There was a spate of stories about some psychologists saying how Trump was showing symptoms of some specific mental glitch, can't remember exactly, but I think it was a type of dementia. They compared his recent elementary, sophomoric, fractured speech patterns [or lack of] with the way he talked years ago when he could speak with complicated sentence structures and maintain focus. The decline is remarkable. And then no one talked about it anymore.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#9370  Postby Agrippina » Oct 07, 2017 7:12 am

Yeah because apparently some law protects people from being judged (I know diagnosed), without a personal interview. Personally I think the guy is batshit crazy, but also rather clever in that he is destroying the fabric of American society in a way that the uber wealthy will sit on top of the shitpile they create while they use the masses inside the fetid mess underneath to make them into the rulers of the earth. Except for one thing. The rest of us won't allow them to take over our little pieces of the planet. Europe possibly, but definitely the UK will be included in the eventual outcome, because they're also at the mercy of exploiters of the underdog. Trump and his cohorts are too stupid to take note of other places on earth that they dismiss as "a mess" but who are quietly going about their business, merely pointing and laughing at the idiocy that allowed this to happen.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#9371  Postby Alan C » Oct 07, 2017 8:26 am

I seem to recall that there's some discussion about ending the restriction Psychs have that prevents them from diagnosis without personally analysing a public figure.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#9372  Postby The_Piper » Oct 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Calilasseia wrote:
Tero wrote:Turns out Trump does not care who anybody f*cks, but going after contraceptives was another way to go after Obamacare. merely a campaign promise! Therefore sacred. Wall is next.

More on this here ...

I really hope this backfires on the bastard in the most embarrassing way possible ... as in being caught getting someone other than his wife pregnant. Especially if the scandal is accompanied, like that of another Republican wanktard, by E-mails in which he tells his pregnant mistress to get an abortion. Question is, is he reckless enough to hand us that gift?

Without question yes. But he's 71, so I don't think we'll be so lucky.
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9373  Postby Tero » Oct 07, 2017 12:37 pm

We are Independent Idiots. We want Trump! We want him to bully all the others, of both parties. He's our bully! We don't care about healthcare. Never been to a doctor, smoke several packs a day.

First, Trump knows that gaining the support of a majority of voters in a presidential election is not a requirement; it’s simply an aspiration. In fact, two out of the last three presidents were elected despite losing the popular vote.

Second, the continued decline in support for both political parties works to Trump’s advantage. The lack of voters’ faith in both parties increases the probability that there will be a major third-party candidate on the 2020 ballot. It will also lead to other minor-party candidates joining the presidential race. The multi-candidate field will further divide the anti-Trump vote, making it possible for him to get reelected simply by holding on to his current level of support.

Third, despite dismal poll numbers, Trump enters the contest with a job approval rating that is certainly at least marginally better than what the current national polls would suggest. Throughout the 2016 election, most analysts tracked the national polling, which failed to capture Trump’s strength in key battleground states. Current surveys continue to understate his support. Many national polls survey all eligible voters, rather than registered or likely voters, which can underestimate Trump, and some voters may be reluctant to admit that they are pro-Trump at all. Add to that the fact that Trump effectively demonstrated during the 2016 campaign that he is capable of expanding his support by effectively demonizing his opponents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 353db853b9
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#9374  Postby Agrippina » Oct 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Alan C wrote:I seem to recall that there's some discussion about ending the restriction Psychs have that prevents them from diagnosis without personally analysing a public figure.

I actually don't think he has some or other definable condition. I think he's just a privileged arsehole raised without any decent values. He was brought up by people who in another age would've been called "nouveau riche" and relegated to the lowest table when foisted on the lords and their ancient lineages. Wait, that's basically what happened to him among the snobs of NYC. I know we live in a time where class isn't politically correct, but he is Biff from Back to the Future. He was never taught any decent values and was allowed to bully his way through every social situation in which he ever found himself. He thinks money buys everything, and doesn't give a damn if people who've had money for hundreds of years, and who would've seen his ancestors as "serfs" look down on him because he's the president, and he can, as he famously said, walk down the street and shoot someone down, and get away with it. If he was inclined to, he could do what that arsehole in LV did last week, and he'd buy the world's most expensive lawyers to keep him out of prison. This is exactly what he will do if he is ever impeached, which I doubt. He will continue to show the world what money can do for you. You don't need an education, or decency, or good values, or class, or social acceptance, you just need to ridicule all of those, and get away with it because you have more money and chutzpah than anyone else.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#9375  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 07, 2017 5:31 pm

I was reading today about Trump and Diana. After the divorce with Charles he had the hots for her.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#9376  Postby aban57 » Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:I was reading today about Trump and Diana. After the divorce with Charles he had the hots for her.

I'm pretty sure he "has the hots" for every single woman who has a little bit of money.
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9377  Postby Willie71 » Oct 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Agrippina wrote:Yeah because apparently some law protects people from being judged (I know diagnosed), without a personal interview. Personally I think the guy is batshit crazy, but also rather clever in that he is destroying the fabric of American society in a way that the uber wealthy will sit on top of the shitpile they create while they use the masses inside the fetid mess underneath to make them into the rulers of the earth. Except for one thing. The rest of us won't allow them to take over our little pieces of the planet. Europe possibly, but definitely the UK will be included in the eventual outcome, because they're also at the mercy of exploiters of the underdog. Trump and his cohorts are too stupid to take note of other places on earth that they dismiss as "a mess" but who are quietly going about their business, merely pointing and laughing at the idiocy that allowed this to happen.

It’s not a law, but it’s in most professional standards/ethics guidelines. Prevents misuse of power.
well, the 'mericuns chose alien, rather than predator. The rest of the world has to burn now.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9378  Postby Agrippina » Oct 08, 2017 8:42 am

Willie71 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Yeah because apparently some law protects people from being judged (I know diagnosed), without a personal interview. Personally I think the guy is batshit crazy, but also rather clever in that he is destroying the fabric of American society in a way that the uber wealthy will sit on top of the shitpile they create while they use the masses inside the fetid mess underneath to make them into the rulers of the earth. Except for one thing. The rest of us won't allow them to take over our little pieces of the planet. Europe possibly, but definitely the UK will be included in the eventual outcome, because they're also at the mercy of exploiters of the underdog. Trump and his cohorts are too stupid to take note of other places on earth that they dismiss as "a mess" but who are quietly going about their business, merely pointing and laughing at the idiocy that allowed this to happen.

It’s not a law, but it’s in most professional standards/ethics guidelines. Prevents misuse of power.

I thought it was a medical law thing. My mistake. But yes it would lead to misuse of power.

I really don't think he has an actual diagnosable illness. We know he's a narcissist but that's because he only sees everything from his point of view, including, and I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but his and Melania's signatures are so similar that someone had to have been tutoring someone else.

http://www.elleuk.com/life-and-culture/culture/news/a35722/melania-trumps-signature-has-this-handwriting-expert-shook/

Again, I don't think the narcissism is a dysfunction as much as it's a result of how he was brought up to think of himself as being above everyone and everything else. Losing the election popular vote has fed that. He has to keep on pushing himself to be the most popular person in the world, because that's who he thinks he is. I'm inclined to say he's more of a petty criminal than a mentally ill person.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#9379  Postby fluttermoth » Oct 08, 2017 11:56 am

I know graphology is an extremely woolly science (if, indeed you can call it a science at all), but I was very interested in it when I was younger, and I do believe there is some basis for thinking some aspects of character might well be reflected in someone's handwriting, especially signatures, and it looks like there's a whole world of info in those signatures.

Donald's is terrifying with all those dagger shapes, horribly aggressive, and looking at how illegible Melania's surname is makes me think she can't possibly be happily married (if anyone had any doubts about that by now).
fluttermoth

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9380  Postby CarlPierce » Oct 08, 2017 12:07 pm

fluttermoth wrote:I know graphology is an extremely woolly science (if, indeed you can call it a science at all), but I was very interested in it when I was younger, and I do believe there is some basis for thinking some aspects of character might well be reflected in someone's handwriting, especially signatures, and it looks like there's a whole world of info in those signatures.

Donald's is terrifying with all those dagger shapes, horribly aggressive, and looking at how illegible Melania's surname is makes me think she can't possibly be happily married (if anyone had any doubts about that by now).

My mother was a professional graphologist. She certainly did something that wasnt random.
CarlPierce
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs