What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5381  Postby aban57 » Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm

This guy needs to be reminded of Epicurus.

God, he says, either wishes to take away evils, and is unable; or He is able, and is unwilling; or He is neither willing nor able, or He is both willing and able. If He is willing and is unable, He is feeble, which is not in accordance with the character of God; if He is able and unwilling, He is envious, which is equally at variance with God; if He is neither willing nor able, He is both envious and feeble, and therefore not God; if He is both willing and able, which alone is suitable to God, from what source then are evils? Or why does He not remove them?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5382  Postby Aca » Feb 16, 2018 1:33 pm

more word salad
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (106.35 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#5383  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm

You guys, there are actual unbiased sources about slavery in the bible:
There are plenty of non-biased sources that conduct very thorough and fair research on these matters that you could have easily searched for.
https://answersingenesis.org/.../doesnt-the-bible.../
It is important that when reading scripture, we constantly say the word "context, context, context."

:banghead:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5384  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 16, 2018 8:38 pm

In a FB discussion about what the bible states about slavery:
Funny how from comment to comment you quote the "authority" of the bible when it suits you and then deny it as a defense. Why are you even here? If God doesn't exist your wasting your precious little time arguing about something you care nothing about. You must be the dumbest and ignorant person on the planet. What a sad place to live in between truth and fiction
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5385  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Your definitely a troll. You have no belief in God so your time here is an effort at absurdity. W/o God NOTHING we choose matters so what is the point of your arguing as if YOU somehow had the truth of which Atheism can NEVER possess. Since you only have a few good years left before you die you should be off enjoying yourself before your surprise party with the Lord
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5386  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

The stench of desperation:
Either way it is a waste of your precious little time!! Your like a man w cancer and you got a couple years left so go do something awesome. Stop wasting your few years left on us we will be fine w/o your "wisdom". Please have fun before you die and turn back into dirt. It is insane that your here honestly. You don't believe in belief so just go away and leave us to our delusions and enjoy yours
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5387  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 16, 2018 9:24 pm

No record? It's recorded in the bible right in front of your face. Its the single most evidenced ancient document EVER by miles. It has been consistently proven true archaelogically, historically and spiritually for thousands of years. So you got all the evidence you could ever need to study this particular history. You just find it very convenient to ignore it since its the #1 proof that your full of crap
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5388  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 16, 2018 11:32 pm

Read The Case for Christ for the latest evidences from all the major fields and the continuing proof for the validity of the bible as a reliable source of truth, wisdom and fact. TRY a little geez. Its overwhelming amounts of evidence almost boundless.

Why do so many Christians expect you to do their work for them?
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5389  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 16, 2018 11:52 pm

Supposed evidence of the incredible historical nature and accuracy of the bible:
The Code of Hammurabi. This seven-foot black diorite stele, discovered at Susa and presently located in the Louvre museum, contains 282 engraved laws of Babylonian King Hammurabi (fl. 1750 BC). The common basis for this law code is the lex talionis (“the law of the tooth”), showing that there was a common Semitic law of retribution in the ancient Near East, which is clearly reflected in the Pentateuch. Exodus 21:23–25, for example, reads: “But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot…” (niv).

The Nuzi Tablets. The some 20,000 cuneiform clay tablets discovered at the ruins of Nuzi, east of the Tigris River and datable to c. 1500 BC, reveal institutions, practices, and customs remarkably congruent to those found in Genesis. These tablets include treaties, marriage arrangements, rules regarding inheritance, adoption, and the like.

Both texts long predate both Jewish history and Judaism....
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5390  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 17, 2018 4:19 pm

In resposne to someone pointing outthe immoral commandment that rapist should marry their victim:
"Man made laws"...
If you read through the Bible you'll see how "man made laws" screwed things up and we're in contrast to God's laws.

If man followed God's law and did not rape then the law to marry would not be necessary.

Apparently the only way to remedy rape is to force the victim to marry their assailant. :crazy:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5391  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Once again the bible is a library of books that records a group of people and there journey through life. it makes no effort to make it all neat and tidy because its real and relevent to us today. The fact that the bible records the good and the bad does in no way speak to Gods morality. That is childishly stupid thinking.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5392  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Actually, that was the Mosaic law for Israelites. And the term rape also covered what we call fornication. AND....if a man forced himself on a woman, the woman was usually the one demanding restitution through marriage, as all women wanted families and no one would have a woman who had been taken sexually. Try to understand that your pathetic grasp on the world and culture is extremely lacking, and move on, God hater and ignoramous
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5393  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 17, 2018 4:28 pm

look at the explanation below. It was the woman who wanted restitution through marriage, as no other man would have her after she had been taken sexually, and all women wanted a family. What you are, sir, is a shite starter and a God hater who has no interest in learning, truth or anything else constructive. Your pretty much a waste of skin. What's that like, hmmmmm, stinkums?
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5394  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Thomas Eshuis
So you can't figure out the cont xt if the sentence due to two words out of place... Sad and makes you look ignorant.

I'm not blindly accusing anyone of not understanding.
You truly do not understand it.

It had been presented earlier by myself and others, go back and read Tommy.

Again it's not blind dismissal Tommy, and until you type your posts exactly perfect then don't hack on others for their typos.
Fact is....you don't understand it.

How am I asking others to do my work for me?
You're asking me to repost things that were already posted.
I'm not here to do your work for you.

Your post is typical of a troll using ad hominem attacks and insults to deflect off topic.
You falsely accuse me of things that I am not doing and pretend to not understand the context of a question....
You are not hear to debate but to call out names and be a child.
You clearly haven't a clue about the meaning of the Bible nor the section of which we are talking about.
This is what happens when you come in late to a debate.
You miss everything put forth earlier and make yourself look a fool.

Whatever happened to that other cheek?
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5395  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Faizal Ali
No God is absolutely and definitely powerful enough to command His people to do anything.
But then free will goes out the window.

Hmm, what was that list of 10 things called again?
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5396  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Jehovah's witness - "the bible says we shouldn't eat blood therefor we can't have blood transfusions."
Dinosaurs = atheism
Keep It Real
Banned User

Print view this post

#5397  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Jehovah's witness - "the bible says we shouldn't eat blood therefor we can't have blood transfusions."

Just like: We can't worship anyone else but god, therefore we cannot celebrate birthdays or other holidays.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5398  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 19, 2018 4:47 am

I ran across this:

Relatively good self-reflection of apologetics, until they get to the list of apologists who are definitely not hacks:
How To Avoid Being A Hack As A Christian Apologist
https://thereforegodexists.com/avoid-hack-christian-apologist/
Here are a few Christian apologists who are not hacks.

Scholarly:
Alvin Plantinga
William Lane Craig
Alister McGrath
John Lennox
JP Moreland
RC Sproul
NT Wright
Mike Licona

Popular level:
Frank Turek
Gregory Koukl
James White
Nabeel Qureshi
David Wood
CS Lewis
Scott Klusendorf
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5399  Postby Calilasseia » Feb 20, 2018 8:13 am

If you're a practitioner of apologetics, then you're a hack by fucking definition. One who is prepared to make shit up, in order to pretend that your favourite mythology is something other than yet more made up shit, cobbled together by piss-stained nomads who were too stupid to count correctly the number of legs that an insect possesses. The idea that this is a "scholarly" process is a fucking joke. Even more so when the peddling thereof involves such a gross perversion of the proper rules of discourse, as to be unrecognisable to anyone who spent time learning the minutiae of a genuinely rigorous discipline such as pure mathematics.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5400  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 20, 2018 6:58 pm

How far some people go to defend infanticide:
//What possible justification can there be for GOD to allow people to kill there children for 400 years before he punishes them? All the while knowing that they wouldn't heed the warning?//

I don't know, Graham. Maybe things now could be far worse, had he not done so. That's at least possible.

//And murdering babies is an necessary part of that. Really?//

Possbily, Faizal. For all we know, far worse evils could have come about had he not.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism