Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

Cough it up? Ghost, God or WTF happened?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#81  Postby Macdoc » May 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Closest for me was when driving on a 6 lane highway I got a visual pre-cog of a sports car losing control and crashing in the opposite direction.

a very few minutes later that is what happened - a small sports car lost control at speed on a 6 lane section and hit the guard rail
It was so unusual a situation that it stuck with me.

I suspect my unconscious picked up a car moving at speed farther away and put it together as a crash potential and that actually happened but felt very spooky at the time.
Dry pavement crashes are rare - this was caused by speed on a sweeper that had a nasty bump in the curve that unweighted the small car and the driver lost control and went into the guard rail not far from me but of course in the opposite direction.

I generally discount all such things but feel there are areas of human brain behaviour yet to be explored

Supernatural?? ...bullshit.
As yet unexplained?? ....lots out there. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#82  Postby laklak » May 11, 2019 3:11 am

I've had several clarvoyant experiences. The worst was just as I was marrying my ex and I heard this distinct, loud voice screaming "RUN MOTHERFUCKER!". I didn't. That was a mistake.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Alan B » May 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Macdoc wrote:
Supernatural?? ...bullshit.
As yet unexplained?? ....lots out there. :coffee:

I agree. But I still have 'feelings' that someone I know is going to ring me - and in a few seconds they do... Strange but not supernatural.

I'm still thinking that this may be part of an evolving brain function (pure supposition) and in a few millennia or so it may become more pronounced - if we are still around...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Fallible » May 11, 2019 1:16 pm

I was hit by a sudden urge one morning to call my mum, and it wasn’t one of the set mum-calling days. I kept putting it to the back of my mind, but eventually gave in a few hours later. A man answered. I asked him who he was, and without saying anything he handed the phone to my mum, who said ‘that was a paramedic. I’m having a heart attack’. It had come on the previous night, but in her wisdom she had decided to sleep on it to see if it would go away on its own. :roll: This has happened a couple of times since. Just not conclusively explained. Not supernatural.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Ironclad » May 12, 2019 11:11 pm

I have seen a ghost. I was around 10 years old so it could have been a dressed up manikin I guess, but it was freaky pale faced and in an old castle tower, the gate towers that hold the portcullis. Not easy to reach, but I was small.
I've seen a UFO. I watched a bright orange ball of light drop from the sky on a warm night in the '90s. It appeared to me to be about the size of a family car, and while it did move fast the speed was far slower than I'd expect a space rock to be falling. No trail, just a large falling orange ball.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Macdoc » May 13, 2019 12:32 am

Likely an earth grazer ...they do look like they are slow when they are big ( recall the first time you saw a 747 )

I've seen a big one dripping green trails ....some combination of materials. Cruised slowly across the horizon. Thousands reported it......very neat to see.
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Hamster » May 13, 2019 6:43 am

None, zip, nada etc.

When I was younger a friend of mine was into a bit of all kinds of woo and he convinced me to go to a few of his favourite "clairvoyants" which I did with a relatively open mind, well sort of; wiling to be convinced if it happened to be convincing - sort of approach. Went to at least four and all were impressive in some way, (amount and range of "information" and performance) but all were ultimately garbage. I came away from one guy with a super long list of stuff only a very few of which could possibly be more-or-less shoe-horned into what happened thereafter.

No supernatural experiences though I have had some natural experiences I might be inclined to describe as "super" but I guess that doesn't count.
Hamster

Print view this post

#88  Postby Ironclad » May 13, 2019 11:45 am

Macdoc wrote:Likely an earth grazer ...they do look like they are slow when they are big ( recall the first time you saw a 747 )

I've seen a big one dripping green trails ....some combination of materials. Cruised slowly across the horizon. Thousands reported it......very neat to see.
It's possible I suppose. Though it did appear to be several hundred feet up and falling, not re-entering. I've also seen a green one, just like that! That was an astonishing sight, a firework/fireball. Amazing huh

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Cito di Pense » May 13, 2019 11:56 am

My most supernatural experience has been losing a buttonhole off my shirt, and then finding it on another shirt.

You can blame Steven Wright for that one.

If you don't yet understand that anecdotes of supernatural experiences are an exotic kind of shell game, I can't help you.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#90  Postby DougC » May 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Was at a party when I was about 14, and we played with a Ouija board.
Found I could push it about, subtlety. Totally freaked out a few folk. Think any belief in woo died that night, but belief in peoples gullibility flourished.
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Ironclad » May 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Ha! Reminds me of the time I dropped a crystal into a hot cup of tea. My friends back then were woo-hippies and enjoying their chanting and meditation on pseudo sci bollox. I hurried the dried crystal into the hands of one and he was ecstatic... until I burst his bubble. I don't think he spoke to me again.

Ironclad
RS Donator

Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Macdoc » May 26, 2019 11:52 am

Ironclad
It's possible I suppose. Though it did appear to be several hundred feet up and falling, not re-entering. I've also seen a green one, just like that! That was an astonishing sight, a firework/fireball. Amazing huh

I've seen meteors "falling" as they run out of puff at the end of their entry ...neatest was a small purple one that just tumbled down vertically then went winked out - it's very hard to judge how far away these events are. The earth grazer I saw was reported all over the eastern north American seaboard.
Apparently purple is calcium - it really sticks in my memory as I was waiting at a very long stoplight that was located in a rural area and happened to be looking in the correct direction to see the tumble. Normally meteors are hard to see from a moving vehicle tho the best night I had I saw several fireballs on the way out to the sailplane port I use as my viewing area.

Since there was a fair bit of ambient light from the intersection the meteor would have been pretty bright but the colour and tumbling motion plus falling straight down really stuck as an image.

Now of course it "might" have been some other phenom like a dying firework but there was no other indication of that. I mentally said "cool" ...then the light finally changed

I think being a lifelong twitcher it's just training that you notice movement out of the corner of your eye or in your FoV and that makes spotting meteors easier.
But as for supernatural ,....nah ......but superb natural phenom ......a meteor shower with fireballs ranks right up there.
Being in one, 40 km out on the Great Barrier Reef and watching the remains of Halley's Comet put on a show ranks right up there for me as a life event.......with the Magellenic clouds as a backdrop. :dance:
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism