What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5921  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 27, 2019 9:49 pm

Aca wrote:https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/07/26/bishop-says-homosexuality-passed-on-to-the-unborn-when-pregnant-women-enjoy-anal-sex/

"The problem, as the bishop sees it, doesn’t seem to be the anal sex itself, but the pregnant woman’s enjoyment of it. As the Mail explained his logic, the gay transmission

occurs when the couple has sex while the woman is pregnant, and the sex is “unnatural,” as he characterised anal sex.

The bishop said that when the woman enjoys anal sex, “a desire is created, which is then transmitted to the unborn child.”

And at this point, every developmental biologist with actual scientific knowledge of epigenetics is pointing and laughing at this knobsack cleric ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5922  Postby Arcanyn » Jul 28, 2019 4:29 am

It does make sense. After all, we all know that children are born as exact mental clones of their mothers with the exact same mental desires, preferences and interests.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5923  Postby Ironclad » Jul 28, 2019 12:32 pm

I guess this fits here..

BBC News - Russian man's court win after magic fails to return wife
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-f ... e-49131135

"A man in Siberia has won hundreds of thousands of roubles in compensation after magicians failed to make his estranged wife return."
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#5924  Postby Aca » Jul 28, 2019 9:39 pm

:crazy:
Attachments
Screenshot_20190728-234004_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190728-234004_Chrome.jpg (777.73 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#5925  Postby Ironclad » Jul 28, 2019 9:56 pm

They now turn green when angry.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#5926  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Aca wrote::crazy:

God's manifest power lovingly shielding the 4 fragile humans from the terrible nuclear destruction visited on them... the other 100,000 humans, well what's a deity to do? You can't go round protecting just any old human being from nuclear death; how would they ever learn?

As for the church standing, it's got absolutely nothing to do with its construction materials compared to the timber and paper houses surrounding it. :roll:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#5927  Postby Fenrir » Jul 29, 2019 3:45 am

Crazy and bullshit.

Whodathunkit?

Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#5928  Postby aban57 » Jul 29, 2019 6:57 am

Spearthrower wrote:

God's manifest power lovingly shielding the 4 fragile humans from the terrible nuclear destruction visited on them... the other 100,000 humans, well what's a deity to do? You can't go round protecting just any old human being from nuclear death; how would they ever learn?

As for the church standing, it's got absolutely nothing to do with its construction materials compared to the timber and paper houses surrounding it. :roll:

Not to mention the fact that the bomb was dropped by a self-identified "christian country".
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5929  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 29, 2019 7:43 am

Spearthrower wrote:

God also saw fit to protect a bank for some reason.

And a building for the promotion of industry.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5930  Postby Greyman » Jul 29, 2019 8:06 am

When a church survives disaster relatively unscathed: It's a miracle. A clear sign of God's favour.

When a church is clearly the most damaged building: … chirp …
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - T. Tick.
Greyman

Name: Graham

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5931  Postby Alan B » Jul 29, 2019 10:41 am

aban57 wrote:Not to mention the fact that the bomb was dropped by a self-identified "christian country".

Yeah but, the bomb and the crews were blessed by a Catholic priest so it was, er, 'programmed' by Gawd not to harm Christians...

Or something.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5932  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Aug 04, 2019 5:34 pm

This whole 'article':
https://twentytwowords.com/mormon-mother-radical-advice-abortions-in-america/

Supposed argument why men are a 100% responsible for unwanted pregnancies:
That makes 24 days a year a women might get pregnant. But men can _cause_ pregnancy 365 days a year. In fact, if you’re a man who ejaculates multiple times a day, you could cause multiple pregnancies daily. In theory a man could cause 1000+ unwanted pregnancies in just one year.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5933  Postby Aca » Sep 18, 2019 7:50 am

:doh:
Attachments
armor.jpg
armor.jpg (123.17 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#5934  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 18, 2019 11:23 am

Aca wrote::doh:

So, basically, god's armour is a rubbery bag of air....
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5935  Postby Arcanyn » Sep 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Wow, all those medieval folk were really wasting their time with plate mail, when all they needed was some orange peel.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5936  Postby Aca » Sep 27, 2019 1:10 pm

When we reject God, we also reject the possibility of constructing a rational worldview, one that is logically consistent. For example, the atheist says many things that fail to make any logical sense. One just excoriated me for believing in God. He charged, “There is absolutely no way that you can be certain that God exists.” How does he know this? Has he examined and debunked every evidential claim that God exists? Where is his supporting evidence? I don’t think that Jesus’ Apostles would ever take such a view after all the evidence they had seen. Instead, we can simply ask the atheist, “How can you be certain that we cannot be certain? It is not logical for you to claim certainty when we deny us that possibility.”

They also claim to be “freethinkers” even as they deny that freewill is even possible. Go figure! Likewise, they often claim, “We don’t need God to be good.” However, they do not even believe that there is any objective good or justice. Instead, they believe that these are just concepts that we have invented and that they have no existence outside of our minds. However, when it suits them, they make-believe that these concepts are real.

These are just a few of the logical conundrums we encounter once we reject the existence of the Absolute Source of all being and truth. However, the God-denier experiences greater problems once they try to put together a coherent worldview system. For example, the atheist refuses to abandon the concept of “human equality.” So many of the causes that the God-denier pursues are based squarely upon the concept of equality. However, they cannot rationally sustain the belief in equality. Why not? From the atheistic perspective, which denies the existence of anything extra-material, human equality is nowhere to be found in the material world. Some of us are tall, others short; some are male, others are female; some are healthy, others are not; some are productive, while others are destructive. Where is the basis for equality apart from the Biblical revelation that we are all created in the likeness of God?

Related to this, our entire legal system represents the protection of humans and not fish or mosquitos. But why doesn’t it include all life forms, even the Ebola virus? There is no adequate atheistic rationale that it shouldn’t. The value of humanity over the animal kingdom rests exclusively upon God and not nature.

continues here:
Code: Select all
https://mannsword.blogspot.com/2019/09/logical-problems-of-god-denial.html?
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#5937  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Aca wrote:
When we reject God, we also reject the possibility of constructing a rational worldview, one that is logically consistent. For example, the atheist says many things"

The only thing all atheists say is that they are not theists.

that fail to make any logical sense. One just excoriated me for believing in God. He charged, “There is absolutely no way that you can be certain that God exists.” How does he know this? Has he examined and debunked every evidential claim that God exists?

Both a non-sequitur (debunking god claims does not prove or disprove a undescribed theoretical god) and a transparent attempt to shift the burden of proof.

Where is his supporting evidence? I don’t think that Jesus’ Apostles would ever take such a view after all the evidence they had seen.

Citing the claims as evidence for the claims.....

"Instead, we can simply ask the atheist, “How can you be certain that we cannot be certain? It is not logical for you to claim certainty when we deny us that possibility.”

Atheism does not include a claim of certainty.

They also claim to be “freethinkers” even as they deny that freewill is even possible. Go figure!

Imagine that, two separate non-conflicting things are not the same thing. Go figure!

Likewise, they often claim, “We don’t need God to be good.” However, they do not even believe that there is any objective good or justice.

Another non-sequitur.

Instead, they believe that these are just concepts that we have invented and that they have no existence outside of our minds.

Know, not believe.

However, when it suits them, they make-believe that these concepts are real.

Pure projection.

These are just a few of the logical conundrums we encounter

Maybe this poster should take a course on logic 101, 'cause nothing he's asserted so far is either true or a logical conundrum.

once we reject the existence of the Absolute Source of all being and truth.

Remains an unevidenced claim, no matter how much atheism doesn't make sense, or more accurately this poster fails to understand.

However, the God-denier experiences greater problems once they try to put together a coherent worldview system.

Except atheism is not and does not purport to be a worldview. (System is redundant in this case)

For example, the atheist refuses to abandon the concept of “human equality.”

Another straw-man.

So many of the causes that the God-denier pursues are based squarely upon the concept of equality. However, they cannot rationally sustain the belief in equality. Why not? From the atheistic perspective, which denies the existence of anything extra-material,

It does no such thing, so this is yet another straw-man.

Where is the basis for equality apart from the Biblical revelation that we are all created in the likeness of God?

1. It doesn't exist in the bible.
2. It does exist in other fairy tales though.

Related to this, our entire legal system represents the protection of humans and not fish or mosquitos. But why doesn’t it include all life forms, even the Ebola virus? There is no adequate atheistic rationale that it shouldn’t.

Because atheism is about theism, not morality or whether every life form is equal to all the others.
Also, viruses, including Ebola, are not lifeforms.

The value of humanity over the animal kingdom rests exclusively upon God and not nature.

Except that it doesn't.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5938  Postby Aca » Oct 04, 2019 7:51 am

https://www.indy100.com/article/christi ... on-9131866?

"This preacher speaking in tongues while checking his phone might be the funniest thing ever"

:P
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#5939  Postby Svartalf » Oct 04, 2019 8:57 am

Theism as the key to a rational worldview, that's laughable... you just have to look at the work of Middle ages luminaries, such as roger bacon, william of occam, or thomas aquinas, or even earlier, the church fathers... theology just doesn't make sense, and the science minded folk had to shoehorn god into their stuff just to avoid trouble (giordano bruno anyone?).

Science is logical, and doesn't require religious backing, as Fren ch astronomer Pierre Simon de Laplace said: when he presented his model for the workings of the solar system to Napoleon, and the emperor asked him what god's place was in the system, he answered :"I didn't need that hypothesis, sire".
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5940  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 05, 2019 10:10 am

Everybody proudly proclaims they're not Christians yet they all put trees in their living rooms in December!
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism