November USA 2020 election

Four more years?

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: November USA 2020 election

#61  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Are you seriously saying that you don't know...

Translation: I am about to make a claim but try to foist the burden of proof off onto you.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#62  Postby Svartalf » Apr 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Tero wrote:Biden is not demented. His speech problems go back decades. He used to stutter. Biden will do fine in a debate. Plus, some 50 000 coronavirus patients dying in Florida gets Trump that many fewer old people votes. :muahaha:

bah, given the current gop morality standards, not that those have been anything like decent in the last 50 years, frump would have no qualms at making the graveyards vote for him.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#63  Postby OlivierK » Apr 03, 2020 10:15 pm

proudfootz wrote:At least it would have the virtue of not sabotaging the Democratic primary.

I suggested Bloomberg would have been better making a third party run as a moderate/non-Trump Republican.

Which quite obviously would not have sabotaged the Democratic primary.

Besdies, what damage did he do to the primary? His presence on the right probably pulled more votes from Biden than Bernie. Warren's decesive intervention means Bloomberg's heading to the convention with 55 lousy delegates.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#64  Postby proudfootz » Apr 04, 2020 2:21 am

In my view the DNC changing the debate rules to allow Bloomberg to buy his way onto the debate stage was damaging. It's not good optics.

Bloomberg as a 'Democrat' ate up some conceivably valuable 'news cycle' time when important issues could have been discussed.

Then he endorsed Biden.

I suspect Bloomberg as an independent would have drawn voters away from both of The Two Parties. Not just Republicans. Especially if the Democratic candidate was a progressive.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#65  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Apr 04, 2020 8:01 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

Translation: I am about to make a claim but try to foist the burden of proof off onto you.

What are you talking about? I said people care about the policies and what he does, was asked what that was, and I linked to his policy page and mentioned a couple of examples.
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#66  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Apr 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Trump apparently expands Medicare coverage to ensure that people get treatment for Coronavirus:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... -qualifies

Gotta love it when even Trump runs to the left of Biden, who said he will simply veto Medicare for All.

Oh, by the way, gotta love the idiotic quote at the end of the article:

"Corlette added that it would be far simpler and easier simply to open up a period to enroll in insurance plans on the Affordable Care Act's marketplaces."

Yeah, sure... people without a job and income are certainly going to be able to pay for private health insurance!

It's just a great of idea as linking healthcare coverage to employment. What a bunch of fucking geniuses that are making decisions in America!

What a shitshow. Democrats are fucking useless, and they are enabling the Republicans to do evil shit, while Democrats are also doing some evil shit when they are in power.
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 04, 2020 9:28 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

What are you talking about? I said people care about the policies and what he does, was asked what that was, and I linked to his policy page and mentioned a couple of examples.

Are you seriously saying that you don't know X...

No, of course Cito was not saying that - he made no mention of it at all.

As I pointed out - you keep trying to shift the onus onto other people. You stake a claim, you support it. You can't stake a claim by questioning whether someone said something they clearly never said.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#68  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 04, 2020 9:52 pm

MyGuyForDemocratNominee2020 wrote:Democrats are fucking useless...

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#69  Postby OlivierK » Apr 04, 2020 11:41 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Trump apparently expands Medicare coverage to ensure that people get treatment for Coronavirus:

Gotta love it when even Trump runs to the left of Biden, who said he will simply veto Medicare for All.

"Corlette added that it would be far simpler and easier simply to open up a period to enroll in insurance plans on the Affordable Care Act's marketplaces."

Yeah, sure... people without a job and income are certainly going to be able to pay for private health insurance!

It's just a great of idea as linking healthcare coverage to employment. What a bunch of fucking geniuses that are making decisions in America!

What a shitshow. Democrats are fucking useless, and they are enabling the Republicans to do evil shit, while Democrats are also doing some evil shit when they are in power.

Yep.

You, a lover of the pure and the white, are going to have to choose between almost-black and mid-grey.

If your only concern is to point out that neither is white, then your contribution is so shallow as to be completely useless.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#70  Postby proudfootz » Apr 05, 2020 2:10 am

I think this might have some effect on the upcoming election.

The Trump administration is expected to use a federal stimulus package to pay hospitals that treat uninsured people with the new coronavirus as long as they agree not to bill the patients or issue unexpected charges, according to two people familiar with the planning.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump ... 2020-04-03
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#71  Postby aban57 » Apr 05, 2020 2:49 pm

proudfootz wrote:I think this might have some effect on the upcoming election.

The Trump administration is expected to use a federal stimulus package to pay hospitals that treat uninsured people with the new coronavirus as long as they agree not to bill the patients or issue unexpected charges, according to two people familiar with the planning.

But...but... that's communism !!!
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#72  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Apr 05, 2020 7:53 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

As I pointed out - you keep trying to shift the onus onto other people. You stake a claim, you support it. You can't stake a claim by questioning whether someone said something they clearly never said.

WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#73  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Apr 05, 2020 7:54 pm

OlivierK wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:Trump apparently expands Medicare coverage to ensure that people get treatment for Coronavirus:

Yep.

You, a lover of the pure and the white, are going to have to choose between almost-black and mid-grey.

If your only concern is to point out that neither is white, then your contribution is so shallow as to be completely useless.

You are propping up the rapist who had to cancel a previous presidential run because he was caught lying and plagiarizing.

You were saying?

Never mind the fact that your post didn't even address what I actually wrote, so why did you even bother to respond?

Are you saying it would be fantastic idea to tell people who are without a job or a pay check to sign up for private health insurance?

Are you saying that Trump is not running to Biden's left in this case?

Stop posting nonsense, and try addressing the actual topic.
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#74  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Apr 05, 2020 7:57 pm

aban57 wrote:
proudfootz wrote:I think this might have some effect on the upcoming election.

But...but... that's communism !!!

As I said, Trump running to Biden's left. What a shitshow. Democrats are fucking useless. All they are good for is handing victories to Repugnicans.
WayOfTheDodo

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#75  Postby Hermit » Apr 05, 2020 9:06 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Democrats are fucking useless. All they are good for is handing victories to Repugnicans.

God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#76  Postby OlivierK » Apr 05, 2020 10:07 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
OlivierK wrote:

Yep.

You are propping up the rapist who had to cancel a previous presidential run because he was caught lying and plagiarizing.

You were saying?

That even if all of that is true, Trump is worse, as on top of having a worse record on misogyny, and a worse record on lying, and a worse record on corruption, Trump also has a complete disregard for the national interest, and a brazen contempt for democracy and the institutions of state, including the office he occupies.

And Trump is so categorically unfit, that voting for his opponent is necessary unless his opponent is worse. Biden, although deeply flawed as a candidate, is not so flawed as to be worse than Trump. Not even close. As I said, he's mid-grey to Trump's almost black.

And yet here you are, desperately clinging on him funding health care for COVID-19 patients: ONE THING he's run to the left on amongst over a thousand days of utterly corrosive right-wing wank-fest, and only done to prop up his election numbers, as if this ONE THING constitutes an argument that Biden is further right. Well yeah, maybe if you close your eyes to the entirety of the past 38 months. ONE fucking deviation from pure black, and Trump's just grey like Biden, and dammit if you can't have white, then fuck the both of them, and fuck the country in the process. It's fucking idiocy like this that got the the US to where it is now.
Last edited by OlivierK on Apr 06, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#77  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 05, 2020 10:29 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

What am I talking about? Read the post, it contains all the things I am talking about.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#78  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 05, 2020 10:32 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
You are propping up the rapist...

Says the pedophile... amirite?

You're a pedophile because I say so like Biden's a rapist because you say so.

That's how it works, right?

No actual trial - an accusation is itself evidence of criminality, therefore you're a pedophile.

You can keep ignoring it, but there it remains showing that you simply wouldn't accept this kind of bullshit were you not the one engaging in it.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Are you saying it would be fantastic idea to tell people who are without a job or a pay check to sign up for private health insurance?

Are you saying that Trump is not running to Biden's left in this case?

Where is there any indication that this is what he's saying?

Are you saying that you like children sexually? Is that what you're saying?

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Stop posting nonsense, and try addressing the actual topic.

Yeah, stop posting nonsense and try addressing reality.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#79  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 05, 2020 10:33 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Democrats are fucking useless.

MyGuyForDemocratNominee2020 strikes again!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#80  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 05, 2020 10:37 pm

OlivierK wrote:It's fucking idiocy like this that got the the US to where it is now.

Bazinga.

Now if their inanity didn't affect the rest of the world, I'd say 'knock yourselves out' because if you're going to act like this, you deserve whatever you get and more.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs