Me and my stupid cancer

Please skip if you’re not interested

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Me and my stupid cancer

#201  Postby james1v » Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Stay positive, my missus is going through the same thing.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#202  Postby Mike_L » Sep 26, 2020 3:02 pm

The_Metatron wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:Has your experience with your cancer changed in any way your existing beliefs about God and/or an afterlife?

Fallible wrote:No.

What? Your cancer has not convinced you that God exists? Or that the fear of death has made you desire life after death so desperately that you deluded yourself that he does?

Can't talk about MY cancer, since to the best of my knowledge I have none yet, but my parents' have convinced me that if dog has the bad taste of existing, it's and evil bastard unworthy of worship.

I'm with you. If the bastard existed, I'd kill it.

Jesse the Preacher? :grin:

'Preacher' comic book series (also an AMC TV series)...
God has abandoned Heaven, and preacher Jesse Custer sets out to find Him (on Earth) and bring Him to justice... something he eventually accomplishes with the help of a latter-day angel of death called 'Saint of Killers'...

Custer told the Saint everything he learned in his quest for God - that God was an attention-fiend, and that he was willing to cause pain, destruction and death for no other reason than to see who would love him. He sparked a war between the angels to find out who would stay on his side. He created a world full of humans who would fight in his name, just to see who adored him more, and that he engineered the creation of Genesis, a being as powerful as Him, in order to see if He could make it love Him.

Custer had a plan; a way of paying God back for the horrors he inflicted upon his creation. But Jesse would require the Saint's help if such a thing were to work. The guns the Saint carried were lethal - no shot hit that did not kill, and their first kill was none other than the Devil himself. But they couldn't simply shoot God, as he shielded himself from Jesse and Genesis's detection. As long as they were looking for Him, God wouldn't budge, but it was the belief of Jesse that if Genesis were out of the picture, that God would head straight for Heaven; where the Saint of Killers would be waiting for him.

When the Saint entered Heaven, the entire Heavenly host was arrayed against him. Rank upon rank of angel flew to keep him away from the heavenly gates, and they were all shot down by his guns. And when Jesse's plan worked, when Genesis was released and God returned to retake his throne, the Saint was waiting for him. God begged for his life, and offered the Saint whatever he wanted - power, life, the lives of his family, anything. But the Saint didn't want anything God offered him. All he wanted, he said, was to rest.

He shot God dead. Then he sat on God's throne, pulled his hat over his eyes, and went to sleep, presumably forever.

--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_of_Killers#God

:grin:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#203  Postby Fallible » Sep 26, 2020 11:37 pm

james1v wrote:Stay positive, my missus is going through the same thing.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, James. All the best to you and her.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#204  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 08, 2020 10:59 pm

hi folks - just an update...fallible enjoyed clatterbridge cancer centre hospital so much she's decided (or rather they decided) to move back in for a bit - similar reasons but she was due to start the next line of treatment tomorrow so, all in all, it's a bit of a pain in the arse

will try and keep you updated once things become clearer
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#205  Postby Thommo » Oct 08, 2020 11:11 pm

Thanks for the update. My best wishes to her and to you.
Thommo

Print view this post

#206  Postby Spinozasgalt » Oct 08, 2020 11:15 pm

What :this: gilded question mark said.

Also, me @ cancer:
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#207  Postby NamelessFaceless » Oct 09, 2020 2:12 pm

US, Please give her my love and best wishes. And to you too. How are you doing?
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#208  Postby fluttermoth » Oct 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Oh my...

Hugs and best wishes to Fall, Sloth, and jamest and his missus as well, hope you all get through these tough times xxx
fluttermoth

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#209  Postby Evolving » Oct 09, 2020 2:45 pm

It's james1v, not jamest, but the same best wishes from me too.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#210  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 09, 2020 4:52 pm

NamelessFaceless wrote:US, Please give her my love and best wishes. And to you too. How are you doing?

i'm ok, thanks for asking...it seems very empty here this time round but I've done little today after yesterday pooped me out so will try and get myself a bit busier tomorrow which should help
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#211  Postby jamest » Oct 10, 2020 12:26 am

Evolving wrote:It's james1v, not jamest, but the same best wishes from me too.

Nobody believes I care about her, especially herself. I respect that belief (given my controversial views about everything)(and her negative views about me) and had therefore decided not to participate here, but the implication here seems to be that I, jamest, am oblivious to this thread and don't give two shits. That is simply not true. I'm as upset as anyone here, except of course her 'real' family. I strongly suspect that few (if any) of you here have had as many meaningful discussions with her as I over the years.

I'm sorry, but an interjection to this 'conspiracy' that I do not care what happens to Fallible has at this point now become necessary. Deal with that however you will, but at least this thread now has a record of me actively responding to it with a fuck your arsehole with a frozen badger if you think that I don't care what happens to her.

Two decades ago I upped-sticks and completely changed my life for a lady I met online at another forum (not a dating agency), so please whatever you do NEVER accuse me of not being able to develop emotions for people I haven't met before, especially online.

I might be a cunt in many people's eyes, but in my eyes you all need a spiritual optician. The bottom line is that I want it recorded here that I am emotionally upset by Fallible's plight and fuck you if you don't believe me. I'll try my best not to respond to any shafting, especially by Fallible herself, as I've now cleared my chest.

Whilst I'm here, I would also like to apologise to UncertainSloth, her partner, who no doubt I've aggravated over the years. That is, I would like to apologise for aggravating you, being her loving partner, after having numerous squabbles with your endearing partner. I remember you 'snapping' once (or maybe twice), but it's remarkable to me that you wasn't doing this every week given the volatile history between me and your missus. In my eyes, for whatever that's worth, that makes you yourself a remarkable character. Hats off to you, sincerely.

Fallible, if you're here calling me a twat a decade from now, I will be rejoicing that you still can.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#212  Postby Hermit » Oct 10, 2020 1:01 am

How unexpected. JamesT using someone else's cancer to write exclusively about his favourite topic.

JamesT writes about his favourite topic.png
JamesT writes about his favourite topic.png (107.32 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#213  Postby jamest » Oct 10, 2020 1:13 am

Hermit wrote:How unexpected. JamesT using someone else's cancer to write exclusively about his favourite topic.

I'm still here and in 'this mood' and so desperately wanted to interject how deplorable your response was, with the hope that it would minimise all such other responses.

This is my only participation in this thread since it started at the beginning of June, 4 months ago. And I've read EVERY POST.

If you want a thread in which you can call me a cunt that doesn't detract from Fallible's tragedy, at least have the intelligence to choose another thread. FFS :nono:
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#214  Postby Hermit » Oct 10, 2020 2:06 am

jamest wrote:This is my only participation in this thread since it started at the beginning of June, 4 months ago.

And you managed to make it about you, as the number of perpendicular pronouns, not all of which I highlighted, so vividly demonstrate.

So, now you doubled your post count in this thread and somehow managed to make that almost exclusively about you again.

jamest wrote:If you want a thread in which you can call me a cunt that doesn't detract from Fallible's tragedy...

Firstly, I don't want to call you a cunt. 99% of the time I use "cunt" as a term of endearment. Take Chloe, for instance. She's a Maltese mixa and incredibly stupid. She keeps picking fights with Mayhem, my cat, and loses every time. In fact, she loses fights with everyone and everything. Here she is, just having lost a fight with the neighbour's moderately sized bottlebrush tree:

Will she ever learn from her experience? Noooooo. So I call her "you stupid cunt" all the time. Chloe knows how I mean it, wags her tail and begs for kibbles. Cat kibbles. That's how she rolls.

Secondly, has it never occurred to you that what people who are in dire straits need is distraction from tragedy?
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#215  Postby jamest » Oct 10, 2020 2:13 am

I'm going to ignore you now, here. There's plenty of places to undermine me and solicit a response. Please don't try here any more, for Fallible's sake if nothing else. Thanks.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#216  Postby Basset Hound » Oct 10, 2020 6:20 am

I've had cancer twice. Skin cancer and kidney cancer where I had a kidney removed. Do what your physician says and avoid dangerous situations.
Basset Hound

Name: Jack Hunter

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#217  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 10, 2020 7:07 am

By way of an update - she had the palliative care peeps around to see her yesterday, which she found useful, and various things are being put into place for when she returns home.

They tried draining the excess fluid from the swelling last night under local but 'hit a hard bit' so they're going to try again today. She's also on a steroid nebuliser which will move towards being a drip at some point.

All she's bothered about is that she's been moved to a room when she has a good view of the tv...;)
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#218  Postby campermon » Oct 10, 2020 7:48 am

Make sure you take care of yourself too.

:thumbup:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#219  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 10, 2020 7:57 am

doing my best, squire, don't worry!
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#220  Postby Svartalf » Oct 10, 2020 8:52 am

@Sloth ... Does that bit about palliative care mean what it sounds like? :worry:

I hope she can still bit that fricking crab and enjoy life for many a happy year.
Last edited by Svartalf on Oct 10, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion