The ramifications of blockchain technology?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1181  Postby jamest » Nov 09, 2021 5:50 am

Hermit wrote:
Macdoc wrote:Image

Quite. Like all failed prophets JamesT will change the date when his prophesy refuses to materialise on the stipulated date. As a matter of fact, he has done so already. On Mar 18, 2020 he prophesied that "We'll be in the realms of a 4-figure percentage hike within a year". On the same day he prophesied that "that the economical crisis resulting from this particular virus will kill more than half of us." A couple of months after the deadline (teehee) passed in remarkably unapocalyptic fashion JamesT prophesied the apocalypse will happen "within a handful of years".

The definition of "handful" is "a small quantity or number". Watch as the number gets bigger. In five years "a handful" might become the number of peas one can hold in one's hand. After that, the number of grains of rice, but by then it will be meaningless. For one thing he, and everyone he is addressing will have died of old age.

I don't know whether you're retarded or not, but I have repeatedly told you that I am not a prophet. Perhaps you should go and see your local GP with a view to a referral? Otherwise, perhaps the powers-that-be here should FINALLY give you a formal warning for repeatedly trolling me.

IF you are retarded, my apologies, but regardless it's obviously in the best interests of the members here to usher you off to the popcorn queue. People like you need to apologise to people like me, not for my sake (because I don't need it), but for the sake of the members here. Because woe betide them if they take the likes of you seriously anymore. Arrogant bully.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1182  Postby Hermit » Nov 09, 2021 7:30 am

jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Macdoc wrote:Image

Quite. Like all failed prophets JamesT will change the date when his prophesy refuses to materialise on the stipulated date. As a matter of fact, he has done so already. On Mar 18, 2020 he prophesied that "We'll be in the realms of a 4-figure percentage hike within a year". On the same day he prophesied that "that the economical crisis resulting from this particular virus will kill more than half of us." A couple of months after the deadline (teehee) passed in remarkably unapocalyptic fashion JamesT prophesied the apocalypse will happen "within a handful of years".

The definition of "handful" is "a small quantity or number". Watch as the number gets bigger. In five years "a handful" might become the number of peas one can hold in one's hand. After that, the number of grains of rice, but by then it will be meaningless. For one thing he, and everyone he is addressing will have died of old age.

I don't know whether you're retarded or not, but I have repeatedly told you that I am not a prophet. Perhaps you should go and see your local GP with a view to a referral? Otherwise, perhaps the powers-that-be here should FINALLY give you a formal warning for repeatedly trolling me.

IF you are retarded, my apologies, but regardless it's obviously in the best interests of the members here to usher you off to the popcorn queue. People like you need to apologise to people like me, not for my sake (because I don't need it), but for the sake of the members here. Because woe betide them if they take the likes of you seriously anymore. Arrogant bully.

In the post you quoted I listed your prophesies and provided links to the posts where you made them. :coffee:
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4792
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1183  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 09, 2021 8:48 am

The great thinker trotting out his staple well-poisoning abuse yet again... what a complete lack of surprise!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29426
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1184  Postby kiore » Nov 16, 2021 3:12 am

jamest wrote:

IF you are retarded, my apologies, but regardless it's obviously in the best interests of the members here to usher you off to the popcorn queue. People like you need to apologise to people like me, not for my sake (because I don't need it), but for the sake of the members here. Because woe betide them if they take the likes of you seriously anymore. Arrogant bully.



!
GENERAL MODNOTE
jamest just stop this, you have been around long enough to know better than to post like this, you do not dictate the best interests of the members here, and hiding a stupid insult behind an "IF you are.. my apologies" does not wash, accusing some of being an arrogant bully is not hidden just because it is not written in a grammatical sentence. This is not an advisory, you have have enough of them, this is a line drawn. Pay attention to this.
Folding@Home Team member.
Image
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
User avatar
kiore
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 16461

Country: In transit.
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1185  Postby Macdoc » Nov 23, 2021 12:38 am

Image

https://mashable.com/feature/carbon-coi ... nge-crypto

THe best use of block chain yet. Obama fav book and should be required reading for everyone on the planet...Carbon Coin anyone?
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
User avatar
Macdoc
 
Posts: 17434
Age: 74
Male

Country: Canada/Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1186  Postby Sgt Kelly » Nov 25, 2021 7:27 am

The key point is that the world’s central banks agree to back it


:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Sgt Kelly
 
Posts: 456
Age: 48
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1187  Postby Macdoc » Nov 25, 2021 7:38 am

you need to read it to see why they may have no choice. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
User avatar
Macdoc
 
Posts: 17434
Age: 74
Male

Country: Canada/Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1188  Postby jamest » Nov 30, 2021 4:51 am

I had an epiphany tonight, which I'm going to bore you all with now.

Decentralisation is the next big revolution and it's happening as I speak, i.e. blockchain/crypto/NFTs. The big question is how does that pan out in the long-term. I mean, let us imagine a near future in which decentralisation has completely undermined ALL centralised governmental regimes. What next? Anarchy?

That's a good question, I'm glad that I asked it (to save time).

The problem with any 'revolution' in the past is that some other dick always usurped the previous cunt, but we could never escape the toilet. I.e., the smell of the shit persisted even if they changed the decor.

My 'epiphany' tonight is that, short of a 2nd coming, the FIRST World Leader will not be a human being!!!! Seriously!!!

We're already living in times when human decision/action is dictated by data. This covid bollox is a case in point. However, relatively soon, we will be living in times when we will allow the 'computer' to make those choices for us. Why? Because for the most part few if any of us here trust a fucking human being to govern us any more.

I don't know what you want, but I personally don't want any cunt to 'govern' me that isn't as special a human as Jesus or as rational and emotionally unbiased as a computer. Given the lack of a 2nd coming, I foresee the ONLY hope for humanity being a centralised AI with no skin in the game.

Get my drift?

I.e., ultimately, in this decentralised world in which we are heading, the world will have no human leader, yet a leader everyone will vote for until the end of human time. Why? Because the alternative is Trump, or Johnson, or some religious dick, or whatever divisive twat you could care to mention.

This is so good/original I'm also going to post it in the philosophy forum. Feel free to ignore it or post wherever. At this juncture, I really don't give a fuck.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1189  Postby Macdoc » Nov 30, 2021 7:28 am

Image
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
User avatar
Macdoc
 
Posts: 17434
Age: 74
Male

Country: Canada/Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1190  Postby Hermit » Nov 30, 2021 5:39 pm

jamest wrote:I had an epiphany tonight, which I'm going to bore you all with now.

Decentralisation is the next big revolution and it's happening as I speak, i.e. blockchain/crypto/NFTs. The big question is how does that pan out in the long-term. I mean, let us imagine a near future in which decentralisation has completely undermined ALL centralised governmental regimes. What next? Anarchy?

That's a good question, I'm glad that I asked it (to save time).

The problem with any 'revolution' in the past is that some other dick always usurped the previous cunt, but we could never escape the toilet. I.e., the smell of the shit persisted even if they changed the decor.

My 'epiphany' tonight is that, short of a 2nd coming, the FIRST World Leader will not be a human being!!!! Seriously!!!

We're already living in times when human decision/action is dictated by data. This covid bollox is a case in point. However, relatively soon, we will be living in times when we will allow the 'computer' to make those choices for us. Why? Because for the most part few if any of us here trust a fucking human being to govern us any more.

I don't know what you want, but I personally don't want any cunt to 'govern' me that isn't as special a human as Jesus or as rational and emotionally unbiased as a computer. Given the lack of a 2nd coming, I foresee the ONLY hope for humanity being a centralised AI with no skin in the game.

Get my drift?

I.e., ultimately, in this decentralised world in which we are heading, the world will have no human leader, yet a leader everyone will vote for until the end of human time. Why? Because the alternative is Trump, or Johnson, or some religious dick, or whatever divisive twat you could care to mention.

This is so good/original I'm also going to post it in the philosophy forum. Feel free to ignore it or post wherever. At this juncture, I really don't give a fuck.

Oh, look at that - JamesT has another idea he regards as good.

Another illustration of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4792
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1191  Postby gobshite » Dec 03, 2021 4:24 am

It's so original I can't follow it. The idea of decentralised blockchains is that they are "trustless" systems. That is, you don't have to trust the other party you are interacting with, as the code is law and determines exactly how any interaction will outcome. If we image that this system takes over the centralised government system, we wind up with no human leader, but instead a body of decentralised code "leading" us. That's not a centralised AI that James imagined in his awesome and original idea. So I'm not sure how he gels the idea of decentralisation being the future while at the same time centralised AI is the future. I'm probably a fucking idiot, or something.
gobshite
 
Posts: 248

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1192  Postby newolder » Dec 23, 2021 9:08 pm

Let the proficient "normal person" character of Avalon Penrose dispel any remaining doubts folk may be harbouring...


Erm, what's with the robot check? Here's the link instead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLyNWMI1rEk
Last edited by newolder on Dec 24, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7501
Age: 1
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1193  Postby Hermit » Dec 23, 2021 11:33 pm

Image
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4792
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1194  Postby felltoearth » Dec 24, 2021 11:50 am

Why bitcoin is worse than a Madoff-style Ponzi scheme | Financial Times
At today’s higher bitcoin prices, the hole is growing faster. About 900 new bitcoin a day require most of $45m a day in electricity. Thus, the negative sum in the bitcoin game is in tens of billions of dollars and rising at over a billion dollars per month. If the price of bitcoin collapses to zero, the gains of those who sold would fall short of the losses of holders by this growing sum. To liken bitcoin to a Ponzi scheme or a pump-and-dump scheme, both basically redistributive, is to flatter the cryptocurrency system.

To conclude, an economic analysis of bitcoin must recognise its uniqueness in the history of manias. As an object of speculation, bitcoin is unprecedented in the degree to which there is no there there. This post-modern mania features big prices for entries on nobody’s spreadsheet. A zero-coupon perpetual has arrived not as a joke but as a trillion dollar asset. Unlike a Ponzi scheme, bitcoin cannot end in a run. 



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14380
Age: 54

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1195  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 24, 2021 5:04 pm

It's paywalled.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
User avatar
The_Metatron
Moderator
 
Name: Jesse
Posts: 21340
Age: 58
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post


Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1197  Postby gobshite » Dec 28, 2021 2:10 am

newolder wrote:Let the proficient "normal person" character of Avalon Penrose dispel any remaining doubts folk may be harbouring...


Erm, what's with the robot check? Here's the link instead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLyNWMI1rEk


:lol:

If that's a poe, it's brilliant! If it's real, it's pretty sad.
gobshite
 
Posts: 248

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1198  Postby Hermit » Dec 28, 2021 2:52 am

gobshite wrote:
:lol:

If that's a poe, it's brilliant! If it's real, it's pretty sad.

Avalon Penrose is an actress, comedian, musician, and mental health advocate. While studying Marine Biology & Psychology at UCLA, Avalon served as Improv and Theatre Director for the Randall Park founded, LCC Theatre Company. Her comedy debut occurred at UCLA's Spring Sing, in which she performed her first original comedy song, "I Fell in Love in an UberPool", in front of nearly 10,000 attendees. Avalon finished her Bachelor's while simultaneously studying improv comedy at the former Improv Olympic West in Hollywood, which would prove to be the launching point for her comedy career.

From there, she began performing improv and stand-up comedy across Los Angeles, finding a home as a member of two House Improv teams at Second City, Hollywood. At the start of her film career, she developed, produced & starred in several independent shorts with her & her friends' production company, Probably a Cult. She had her national television debut in Season 2 of ABC's "The Gong Show" reboot, an off-beat comedy competition hosted by Mike Myers and produced by Will Arnett.

Avalon landed her first breakout feature film role as Allison in Release Date (2019), alongside Munro Chambers & Roland Buck III. Soon after, she was cast in Season 2 of the Amazon web series "Pretty Dudes", co-starred in Zoe Lister-Jones woman-centric pilot "Woman Up" for ABC, and starred as a series-regular on the Pocket.Watch kids' show for Hulu, "Challenge Squad".
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4792
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1199  Postby newolder » Dec 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Side note: Avalon Penrose's "Normal person" character now explains "Non-funginable tokens" NFTs...


Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbC70Z_ZbQI
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7501
Age: 1
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1200  Postby Hermit » Dec 29, 2021 1:06 am

"Non-funaningable" :lol:
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4792
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests