Will the Trump Prophecies bring legitimacy to Christianity?

100+ Modern Prophets Worldwide have Declared God will Overturn the 2020 US Election

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Will the Trump Prophecies bring legitimacy to Christianity?

#681  Postby kiore » Jan 20, 2022 12:44 am

hackenslash wrote:
kiore wrote:You know I suspect a new term for a religious conspiracy theory Gish Gallop is needed. A Trev Trot doesn't quite sound as memorable.
I was going to write pseudo-religious, but finding it difficult to differentiate between pseudo-religious and religious in these kind of theings.

Bacofoil barrage?

Bacofoil a brand name but leads me to Tinfoil torrent?
Folding@Home Team member.
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
kiore
Senior Moderator

Print view this post

#683  Postby truelgbt » Feb 05, 2022 8:56 am

An atheist (Hermit) recently challenged me to clarify a prophecy - see post #586 as follows:

"There is a problem with that prophecy.......Christians have been trained to ignore those verses because the prophesy is a manifest failure...."

My answer to the atheist's challenge - see post #651 as follows:

Matthew 24: "...and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with great power and great glory."

So, we have an atheist asking a born-again Christian for a response on this forum. What does the born-again Christian do? Does he respond or not?

Choice A) If the born-again Christian doesn't respond to the atheist, the atheist will waste no time in accusing the born-again Christian of conveniently 'ignoring' him or being 'rude' or 'unable' to answer.

Here is just one recent example - see post #649 by atheist (Hermit) as follows:

"I provided an actual biblical example of a prophesy nine days ago, and pointed out the problem with it, namely that the time it was meant to have been fulfilled passed uneventfully. You ignored it."

Choice B) If the born-again Christian responds, he is perceived as 'preaching' that Jesus "...will return with great power and great glory" and therefore should be 'banned' , even though it was the atheist who requested a response in the first place.

Another portion of my response is that the last days has a date of fulfillment up to 2048, which is in the near future - another supposed 'preaching' strike against me for warning that we don't have much time left on the calendar.

Is this really 'preaching'? Or is it simply putting Biblical concepts in its proper context and responding to the atheist?

If it's considered to be 'preaching', is it better not to respond or answer any questions at all?

Damned if I do; damned if I don't, lol. Don't you love it?

What should I do? Any suggestions, anybody?
truelgbt

Name: trev

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#684  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 05, 2022 9:02 am

truelgbt wrote:

Preaching is a specialized enterprise, confined to religious or quasi-religious speech. Likewise, so is prophecy. People with no interest in religious or quasi-religious speech aren't interested in religious or quasi-religious speech. That's why preaching is sanctioned on this forum. It's almost a tautology, Trev. So again you have to ask, "What do I do?". You seem to be suffering some confusion about the difference between speech about real or potentially real events and religious speech and prophecy, which are two species of fantasy writing or speaking. To get a non-religious audience to take it seriously, you have to come up with something stronger than further prophecy and ghost stories, which are only good for frightening children or adults who behave like children.

truelgbt wrote:strike against me for warning that we don't have much time left on the calendar.

Well, the notion that we don't have much time left on the calendar is a prophetic fantasy. You're basically fucked if you don't understand this. Promises are not guarantees or contracts, so quit talking about "fulfillment". You're reading stuff in scriptures or in the writings of various apologists for scriptures as promises or contracts. If you think they know more than you do, this is a mistake on your part. You don't seem to apprehend the similarity between preaching or prophesying and fantasy role-playing games. That kind of behavior is sanctioned here because, however good it makes you feel to preach, it disgraces you and insults the intelligence of your audience when you're not in a religious congregation, which this forum is not. The rules are for your own protection.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#685  Postby Hermit » Feb 05, 2022 10:22 am

truelgbt wrote:An atheist (Hermit) recently challenged me to clarify a prophecy - see post #586 as follows:

"There is a problem with that prophecy.......Christians have been trained to ignore those verses because the prophesy is a manifest failure...."

My answer to the atheist's challenge - see post #651 as follows:

Matthew 24: "...and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with great power and great glory."

So, we have an atheist asking a born-again Christian for a response on this forum. What does the born-again Christian do? Does he respond or not?

Choice A) If the born-again Christian doesn't respond to the atheist, the atheist will waste no time in accusing the born-again Christian of conveniently 'ignoring' him or being 'rude' or 'unable' to answer.

Here is just one recent example - see post #649 by atheist (Hermit) as follows:

"I provided an actual biblical example of a prophesy nine days ago, and pointed out the problem with it, namely that the time it was meant to have been fulfilled passed uneventfully. You ignored it."

Choice B) If the born-again Christian responds, he is perceived as 'preaching' that Jesus "...will return with great power and great glory" and therefore should be 'banned' , even though it was the atheist who requested a response in the first place.

Another portion of my response is that the last days has a date of fulfillment up to 2048, which is in the near future - another supposed 'preaching' strike against me for warning that we don't have much time left on the calendar.

Is this really 'preaching'? Or is it simply putting Biblical concepts in its proper context and responding to the atheist?

If it's considered to be 'preaching', is it better not to respond or answer any questions at all?

Damned if I do; damned if I don't, lol. Don't you love it?

Maybe just refrain from gibbering and actually discuss issues instead. This reply
truelgbt wrote:
Hermit wrote:There is a problem with that prophecy, and you would have known, had you actually read the book you purport to quote from. The problem is that the "last days" were prophesied to occur during his disciples' life time.

"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." [Matthew 24: 32-34]

Christians have been trained to ignore those verses because the prophesy is a manifest failure. They were trained to focus on a following verse [Matthew 24: 36] instead: “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Note the "day or hour" bit. It does nothing to contradict Matthew 24: 32-34.

Answer: No. The following answers are supported by the vast majority of those who study end time events.

1) "The fig tree" is largely understood as Israel.

2) "As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out" is largely understood as Israel coming unto its own as a nation again and not under the rule of another kingdom. This took place in May 14, 1948 when Israel officially became an independent nation.

3) "this generation will certainly not pass away..." This is largely understood as the generation of people who exist during the May 14, 1948 date. Depending on the timing of the writing of a specific book in the O.T., a generation can be 100 years. This would mean everyone born around May 14, 1948 + 100 years implies the "last days" can extend from 1948 to 2048.

4) "...until ALL these things happen." includes the following events in Matthew 24:29-31:

4a) "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky..."
Have we seen these celestial phenomena yet? Nope.

4b) "they will see the Son of Man (Jesus in His resurrected and glorified body) coming on the clouds of the sky with great power and great glory..." Have we seen any of this yet? Nope.

4c) "He (God) will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather His elect (the saints) from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other." Have we heard the trumpet sound in the sky? Sometimes on YouTube, but the saints are still here so the rapture has not taken place yet.

is unadulterated nonsense. None of it addresses Matthew 24:33-34
Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Particularly bizarre is your assertion that
truelgbt wrote:This is largely understood as the generation of people who exist during the May 14, 1948 date.

It could not possibly be more contradictory to the very words of what the alleged Jesus allegedly said as quoted in Matthew 24:33-34.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#686  Postby Evolving » Feb 05, 2022 10:46 am

truelgbt wrote:
4a) "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky..."

Why are we not observing nearby stars travelling towards the Earth so as to be able to fall on it during this generation?

Asking for a friend.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#687  Postby truelgbt » Feb 05, 2022 11:35 am

Evolving wrote:
truelgbt wrote:

Why are we not observing nearby stars travelling towards the Earth so as to be able to fall on it during this generation?

Asking for a friend.

This is a supernatural event. If it were a natural event, I would ask the same question. In its context, it appears God is shaking up celestial bodies which we have only known (up to that point) to be very stable and unshakable.

You may also want to look up all the possible definitions of the original words to that verse on biblehub.com which may help in your understanding of it.

Sorry I can't help you more as I am not well-versed on it myself.

I would also look at it this way:
Another common question is : If stars are billions of light years away, how can we see their light if the earth is only 6 thousand years old as the Bible says in its genealogies?

Answer: Context is everything. God is all-powerful and can create the universe in an instant. He can create the world to be in full operating condition, right from the start.

God created a fully mature world right from the beginning: mature fruit trees bearing fruit to eat right away, mature adults to take care of each other and themselves, starlight that could be immediately seen and appreciated from stars billions of light years away, etc..

What would have happened if Adam/Eve were created as newborns, surrounded by young seedling trees bearing no fruit to eat? Why would God command Adam/Eve to use starlight to determine seasons if the starlight were not yet visible? What a stupid world that would be, right? The infant Adam and Eve with no fruit to eat would have died within days or hours.

Instead, God gifted them with a beautiful, fully-functioning turn-key world because He wanted them to enjoy the world to the fullest, right from the start. This is why the Bible devotes 2 full chapters to clearly explain this in detail so even a child can understand God is generous, kind, and good to humanity because He loves us.

So, context, once again, is EVERYTHING.

Disclaimer: I am not preaching here, just explaining, ok?
Last edited by truelgbt on Feb 05, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
truelgbt

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#688  Postby hackenslash » Feb 05, 2022 12:19 pm

truelgbt wrote:This is a supernatural event. If it were a natural event, I would ask the same question. In its context, it appears God is shaking up celestial bodies which we have only known (up to that point) to be very stable and unshakable.

You may also want to look up all the possible definitions of the original words to that verse on biblehub.com which may help in your understanding of it.

There's something really quite... something, about delivering this answer on a question of astrophysics to a physicist. Capped beautifully by this:

Sorry I can't help you more as I am not well-versed on it myself.

Well, no shit.

I would also look at it this way:
Another common question is : If stars are billions of light years away, how can we see their light if the earth is only 6 thousand years old as the Bible says in its genealogies?

Answer: Context is everything. God is all-powerful and can create the universe in an instant. He can create the world to be in full operating condition, right from the start.

See, all that text just to say 'it's magic'.

How do you know any of this? What is your information source about this entity and his alleged capabilities, and how were they measured?

God created a fully mature world right from the beginning: mature fruit trees bearing fruit to eat right away, mature adults to take care of each other and themselves, starlight that could be immediately seen and appreciated from stars billions of light years away, etc..

What would have happened if Adam/Eve were created as newborns, surrounded by young seedling trees bearing no fruit to eat? Why would God command Adam/Eve to use starlight to determine seasons if the starlight were not yet visible? What a stupid world that would be, right? The infant Adam and Eve with no fruit to eat would have died within days or hours.

Instead, God gifted them with a beautiful, fully-functioning turn-key world because He wanted them to enjoy the world to the fullest, right from the start. This is why the Bible devotes 2 full chapters to clearly explain this in detail so even a child can understand God is generous, kind, and good to humanity because He loves us.

So, context, once again, is EVERYTHING.

Disclaimer: I am not preaching here, just explaining, ok?

You're not explaining anything, because 'it's magic' isn't an explanation, it's an abdication. You extracted this directly from your rectal sphincter or, more likely, from the sphincter of some cleric, and we know all about sphincters and clerics, don't we?
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#689  Postby truelgbt » Feb 05, 2022 12:35 pm

Are we in the midst of prophecy fulfillment?

Starting in early January 2022, the prophets began stating that the events they had described in 2021, are now going to happen starting in February of 2022. They said God is going to start taking down His enemies. Some of you thought this date-setting was exceptionally bold and a mistake on their part. And if I were still an atheist, I would have thought the same, no doubt.

One prophet, C. Shamp, said God would get the ball rolling between Feb. 2 and Feb. 22 of 2022.

So let's look at these first 4 days of February and the events which have taken place so far:

1) On Feb. 2, the most senior media mogul in the USA, IMHO, who also happened to be the most virulently anti-Trump media mogul - that is, CNN President Jeff Zucker, was fired. News articles seem to indicate that ex-CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who was mad at Zucker for not paying him the remainder of his salary (after Zucker fired him on December 4, 2021) went scorched-earth and told CNN's internal investigators about a personal relationship which Zucker was involved in with a coworker and which he should have, but did not, disclose to his employers.

If there was any one person in the USA who dogged Trump throughout his first term as POTUS on a daily basis, it was CNN's Zucker. Now he's gone. De-throned.

2) On February 4, another media mogul, Mark Zuckerberg, who took down Trump's Facebook page and unfairly censored him over and over again, lost $232 Billion in ONE DAY! That is a record loss for any one company on the stock market in ONE DAY!!!

This translated into a personal net worth loss for Zuckerberg of $30 Billion or a 25% loss of his net worth in ONE DAY!!!

Reports indicate he was literally crying at the corporate board meeting the same day. If I lost 25% in one day, I would be crying too. I feel sorry for him.....

3) On February 4, several media outlets had the following headlines: "January 6 Committee Lawmakers 'Devastated' by Jeff Zucker's Ouster at CNN"

Let that sink in....

The January 6 Committee is led by anti-Trump Democrats and Rinos, who want to do everything possible to connect Trump to the Capitol Incursion, as a method of disqualifying him from running again as POTUS in 2024 (they didn't get the memo that he's not supposed to run in 2024 but return much sooner, according to the prophets).

The anti-Trump January 6 Committee politicians called CNN to try to persuade them to keep Zucker on-board as President. Why would they go to such efforts?

So, the question everyone is asking is: Why would anti-Trump politicians - involved in an active investigation - be "devastated" by Zucker leaving CNN? Why would they care about in internal decision made by an objective, fair, unbiased, media corporation? None of their business, right?

Unless....they were colluding with Jeff Zucker to report the January 6 investigation in a way which influenced public opinion against Trump. And now that their point-man is gone, they're "devastated".

If this collusion is true, this is not just collusion; its corruption. Tainting the results of an investigation in the court of public opinion is CORRUPTION. And those anti-Trump politicians outed themselves by calling CNN and begging them to keep Zucker.

In any case, I can't prove God did these things but these first 4 days of February have been absolutely exceptional, to say the least. Two very corrupt media moguls fall in 4 days. And there are 24 days remaining in February. All the prophets said the downfalls and corruption exposures would increase as the months went on.

I can hardly wait for the rest of 2022, can you? Amazing!!!!

What do you all think?
Last edited by truelgbt on Feb 05, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truelgbt

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#691  Postby BlackBart » Feb 05, 2022 12:59 pm

Billionaire now slightly less of a billionaire.

Behold the wrath of God. :coffee:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#692  Postby Evolving » Feb 05, 2022 3:06 pm

truelgbt wrote:

This remark highlights a recurrent question, if you take those people seriously who take the biblical creation stories seriously.

When god created the universe six thousand years ago (we’re told), he created all the starlight that we see, already on its way to us: looking for all the world as if it had been emitted by distant stars and had been travelling towards us ever since. Are there in fact any stars at all, beyond six thousand or so light years away (plus a bit to allow for the planned obsolescence of the world some time during this generation)? Probably not. What would be the point? Quite sufficient to create columns of light spearing through space towards us at 3 * 108 m/s, with at the end of them nothing at all – or something mysterious that will fall on to the Earth on that fateful day when the Sun darkens and the Moon no longer gives its light. A massive body, travelling at the speed of light, which poses certain problems, but nothing to worry about if you can rely on magic.

Columns of light, that not only look as though they had been emanated by stars, but which also contain all the astrophysical evidence that we’ve used over the years to build up our knowledge of the universe – except that it’s not knowledge at all, because all this apparent evidence is in fact all fake. The creator has taken immense pains to deceive us into thinking that we live in an expanding cosmos that started fourteen billion years ago at the Big Bang, with billions of galaxies, quasars, supernovae, magnetars, starburst galaxies, all the other phenomena that we think we know about: but it’s all fake and designed to trick us.

Why would he do that?

Same question for other scientific disciplines: biology, palaeontology… Why did this creator take such pains to make the world and everything in it seem as though it all has natural causes and can be explained by scientific laws? Why did he create so much evidence that seems to disprove the creation stories?

The idea goes remarkably well with the garden of Eden myth, it has to be said; with the tree whose fruit must in no circumstances be eaten, for no discernible reason other than "because I said so". Set us up to fail. In that sense, the myth is illuminating.

This is the mentality that we’re dealing with, if those stories are true.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#693  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 05, 2022 3:56 pm

truelgbt wrote:

Go away?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#694  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 05, 2022 4:12 pm

So, we have an atheist asking a born-again Christian...

Where's the Christian?

I don't see any Christians here.

You don't mean... YOU?!?!?!

:what:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chap, go tug off a donkey - I don't remotely recognize or consider you a Christian. Your role here is that of a vicious little troll who pretends to Christianity to fuck around with strangers on the internet for your own personal gratification.
Last edited by Spearthrower on Feb 05, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#695  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 05, 2022 4:17 pm

Cito di Pense wrote: You don't seem to apprehend the similarity between preaching or prophesying and fantasy role-playing games. That kind of behavior is sanctioned here because, however good it makes you feel to preach, it disgraces you and insults the intelligence of your audience...

If a randy male dog could speak while it was dry-humping your leg, it would no doubt be asking the same question: but how am I supposed to know what I'm allowed to dry-hump?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#696  Postby Hermit » Feb 05, 2022 11:03 pm

truelgbt wrote:God created a fully mature world right from the beginning: mature fruit trees bearing fruit to eat right away, mature adults to take care of each other and themselves, starlight that could be immediately seen and appreciated from stars billions of light years away, etc..

Funny how you take the words in the Bible literally when it suits you and refuse to do so when it does not. Matthew 24:33-34 again:
Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#697  Postby The_Metatron » Feb 05, 2022 11:09 pm

We can read, truelgbt. And, we can read the same book you think is factual.

Your prophecies are, by the written recorded words of your own master, full of shit.

That generation of people who will live to see “all these things” has long ago died and rotted to dust. Yet, no Jeebus.

Explain this.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#698  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 05, 2022 11:55 pm

truelgbt wrote:

Instead, God gifted them with a beautiful, fully-functioning turn-key world because He wanted them to enjoy the world to the fullest, right from the start.

It's such a childish belief system - no thinking person can ever be expected to believe this baloney.

Worse for you is the overwhelming physical evidence that proves this is just outright untrue, like the complete absence of fruit-bearing trees and humans for billions of years of the world's biological history. Why would this god chap also create a world replete with evidence contradicting your alleged origin of the world? Is it because God wanted us to be deceived into believing your cute little story never happened? Hard to explain, isn't it? Going to reach for Satan to calm the cognitive dissonance?

Regardless, you are once again running into the problem of making delusional shit up wholesale and expecting mentally functioning adults to simply lend your guff credence. Laying aside your absurd belief system and the fact that you actually think it's credible - why the living fuck do you come to a website specifically intended for rational skepticism and shit out this nonsense expecting to be taken seriously? It beggars belief.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#699  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 06, 2022 12:01 am

This is why the Bible devotes 2 full chapters to clearly explain this in detail so even a child can understand God is generous, kind, and good to humanity because He loves us.

The last bit is the kind of shit that's preachy wibble that you are invited to reinsert back into the sticky orifice you worked so hard to extract it from.

And of course, it's bananas.

God loves us, which is why he supposedly drowned the entire world kindly and generously murdering hundreds of millions of people, as well as countless billions of animals who'd done not a damn thing wrong.

It's ideological Stockholm Syndrome - we're all lucky your fantasy sky fairy doesn't exist, because the god of the Bible is a vicious, evil, murderous prick.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#700  Postby The_Piper » Feb 06, 2022 1:29 am

The Ghost of Mr Woodchuckles counteth to three, not four, not five, wait, yes five, and lobbest thy holy hand grenade at Yawheh who was blown to heavenly bits, which were gobbled up by thy cruel, foul rabbit. When thy cruel, foul rabbit dropped it's next pellet, The Ghost of Mr Woodchuckles used it to create thy first internet troll, and made it appear to be 6000 moments old. This according to The Book of Dandelion. :teef:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking