The weirdest thing about Islam.

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

The weirdest thing about Islam.

#1  Postby quas » Feb 15, 2022 10:23 am

Eskimo: 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?'

Priest: 'No, not if you did not know.'

Eskimo: 'Then why did you tell me?'

Everyone knows that joke.

In Islam, the joke doesn't work.

According to Islamic beliefs, the Eskimo would still go to hell, even if he never met an Islamic preacher.

This is written somewhere in the Quran that before we come to this world born as humans, (I know there is no "we" before we are born, according to stupid atheist belief. But there is. It's written in the Quran, so it must be true.) we -as pre-birth pre-human sentient beings- have sworn that we will always worship God and we will never forget this promise to God. And then, after we come to be born as humans, our sinful prideful nature as human beings make us forget our promise.

https://questionsonislam.com/article/ho ... g-symbolic

In pre-eternity, before anything was created, Allah (SWT) gathered the human spirits in His presence and asked them, Am I not your Lord, and all of the spirits replied, Yes, You are our Lord, henceforward, human beings have taken the responsibility and accepted the testing on earth.

So before we come to this Earth as humans, we have existed as "human spirits" during the time called pre-eternity (which is before the creation of this Earth / universe). When we agreed to be born as humans, we agreed to be tested that we will remember the promise that we made before we come to Earth. If you live your life, completely oblivious of Islam, forgetting your promise to God, then when you die, eternal hellfire awaits you.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

Re: The weirdest thing about Islam.

#2  Postby Blackadder » Feb 15, 2022 4:32 pm

Islam is a collection of bullshit that rivals anything the Old Testament can produce. It’s all weird.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby quas » Feb 16, 2022 3:52 am

Blackadder wrote:Islam is a collection of bullshit that rivals anything the Old Testament can produce. It’s all weird.

The idea that we existed pre-creation of this universe is unique to Islam. I don't think this is rooted in Judaism. So where does this come from?

This is the most advanced and prescient blackmail. In Christianity, you have the concept of original sin, and possibly an easy way out of that is to say "Well, I didn't ask to be born."

But, Islam said, you already agreed! If you say that you can't recall ever agreeing, then it's your sinful nature as human to be forgetful!

Imagine Roko's Basilisk, except that you are already exposed to the concept of Roko's Basilisk, even before you have heard of this concept. This is more horrifying than the most horrifying Lovecraftian horror.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#4  Postby scott1328 » Feb 16, 2022 9:35 pm

quas wrote:
Blackadder wrote:Islam is a collection of bullshit that rivals anything the Old Testament can produce. It’s all weird.

The idea that we existed pre-creation of this universe is unique to Islam. I don't think this is rooted in Judaism. So where does this come from?

It's hardly unique. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-existence

No hay nada nuevo bajo el sol.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby hackenslash » Feb 16, 2022 10:05 pm

The weirdest thing about Islam is that people think it's any weirder than any other asinine memeplex.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby Matt_B » Feb 17, 2022 6:18 am

Talking donkeys versus flying horses. They're not even particularly good metaphors for anything, even leaving aside the sort of people who'd take them literally.
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

Return to Islam