One bang one process.

Evolution.

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: One bang one process.

#2261  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 07, 2022 2:53 pm

newolder wrote:There is no perimeter. Remember Oumuamua?
Image
Also, there are rogue planets ejected from their 'home' systems, rogue stars ejected from their 'home' galaxies and rogue galaxies rattling about the place. Don't forget to look up!


Do you envisage a chain of "cause and effect" from bang to now?

Paul.
pfrankinstein
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: paul
Posts: 1814

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2262  Postby newolder » Apr 07, 2022 3:03 pm

A single chain? No. Space-like separations feature across the universe.

Image
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7876
Age: 3
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2263  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 07, 2022 3:12 pm

newolder wrote:A single chain? No. Space-like separations feature across the universe.

Image


A single chain no?

Time like... you mean beyond the naturalists perspective, are you running of to chaos?

Paul.
pfrankinstein
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: paul
Posts: 1814

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2264  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 07, 2022 3:21 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:Something happened here, we have a variety of planets, cordon off the perimeter.

What process caused that?

Paul.




What process caused what...? The fact that there are a variety of planets in our solar system?

By variety - do you mean 'size' or 'composition' or 'distance from the Sun'?

Do you even know what you mean?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2265  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 07, 2022 3:22 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
Do you envisage a chain of "cause and effect" from bang to now?


No one does, although Paul engages in prolonged Live Action Roleplaying wherein he seeks to convince strangers on the internet that he's a genius, despite clearly not knowing his arse from his elbow.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2266  Postby newolder » Apr 07, 2022 3:26 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:...

Time like... you mean beyond the naturalists perspective, are you running of to chaos?

Paul.

The link is explanatory but we can say a time-like separation means that there exists a reference frame where two events occur at the same place but at different times.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7876
Age: 3
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2267  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 07, 2022 3:59 pm

newolder wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:...

Time like... you mean beyond the naturalists perspective, are you running of to chaos?

Paul.

The link is explanatory but we can say a time-like separation means that there exists a reference frame where two events occur at the same place but at different times.


Understanding the chaos.. fascinating stuff... even more so without a point of reference...

Paul.
pfrankinstein
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: paul
Posts: 1814

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2268  Postby hackenslash » Apr 07, 2022 4:03 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
newolder wrote:A single chain? No. Space-like separations feature across the universe.

Image


A single chain no?

Time like... you mean beyond the naturalists perspective, are you running of to chaos?

Paul.


The one who wants to educate us all on the evolution of the universe can't recognise or glean contextually the information conveyed by a rudimentary Minkowski diagram (with explanatory labels, I might add).

Quelle surprise
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 22910
Age: 54
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2269  Postby Cito di Pense » Apr 08, 2022 6:17 am

pfrankinstein wrote:fascinating stuff... even more so without a point of reference...


We've seen you maintain that one steady point of reference, Paul. In your case, it's your umbilical scar. You could publish about your insights, but critics will necessarily consider it a fluff piece.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Amir Bagatelle
Posts: 30789
Age: 24
Male

Country: Nutbush City Limits
Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2270  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 08, 2022 4:09 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:fascinating stuff... even more so without a point of reference...


We've seen you maintain that one steady point of reference, Paul. In your case, it's your umbilical scar. You could publish about your insights, but critics will necessarily consider it a fluff piece.



Fluff.... The option of colour is purely optional you understand.

Slowed down the protoplantery disc and the accretion process evolve.

Descent with modification by means of Primal selection was evident with a most basic grasp.

The solar system did not evolve..you might argue...

Yes but no but... we express it like this but, we don't mean that???

I beg to differ.. hello...

The solar system evolved.

Paul
pfrankinstein
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: paul
Posts: 1814

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2271  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 08, 2022 4:15 pm

Fluff.
pfrankinstein
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: paul
Posts: 1814

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2272  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 08, 2022 4:28 pm

Paul's mind can't surpass post hoc ergo propter hoc. An obstacle that clearly originated with the Big Bang.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2273  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 08, 2022 4:37 pm

And it's arseholery like this that just adds flavour to the general smattering of fuckwitted inanity.

pfrankinstein wrote:
The solar system did not evolve..you might argue...

Yes but no but... we express it like this but, we don't mean that???

I beg to differ.. hello...

The solar system evolved.

Paul



Pages and pages and pages ago...

Spearthrower @ One bang one process.

Spearthrower wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:
And you'd understand that the solar system really did evolve.



We all know very well that the solar system evolved.

Just as we all know that likening this to evolution natural selection is an equivocation based solely on the similarity of the word, not on any of the relevant mechanisms.

Not only do we know this, but many of us have educated you about it dozens of times over the years.



What do you think you're gaining from lying to people about those people? It's silly little trolling, isn't it Paul? Go tell your sister to spank you and put you to bed.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2274  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 08, 2022 4:49 pm

A hair doesn't evolve over time, Paul. It grows.
A hairstyle, however, does evolve over time, Paul.
That's because the word 'evolve' means 'to develop gradually', Paul.
We wouldn't say the hair evolves, Paul, because it just grows in dimension.
But, Paul, we would say that the hairstyle evolves because it changes in many and more complex ways.
What we definitely wouldn't do, Paul, is to say that a hairstyle evolves in a manner equivalent to that involved with natural selection, Paul, or pretend, Paul, that just because the word 'evolve' is used that it also has to mean that all aspects of the term used in Biology - shorthand for a process involving inheritance and differential survival statistically measured over generations of living organisms - also just get ignorantly transferred across as if anyone with half a brain, Paul, actually thinks that's logical, Paul. Like words, Paul, are fucking magic, or something.

So what you're doing, Paul, is equivocating, Paul. And you're not just doing it once, Paul, you keep doing it, Paul. Every single claim you make, Paul, is representative of how little the Paul character played on my screen is capable of rational thought.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2275  Postby hackenslash » Apr 08, 2022 5:03 pm

If he really wanted to apply evolutionary theory to the cosmos, he'd best get to work on identifying the alleles that vary in frequency.
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 22910
Age: 54
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2276  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 08, 2022 5:14 pm

hackenslash wrote:If he really wanted to apply evolutionary theory to the cosmos, he'd best get to work on identifying the alleles that vary in frequency.



And what constitutes the species evolving.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2277  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 08, 2022 5:21 pm

Not to Paul who is absolutely incapable of getting anywhere near reasoned discourse, but as an aside, I am pretty confident that an undisclosed faulty assumption here is present in some other discussions across the board - there's a clockwork universe hiding under the hood of so many of these bizarrely wrong ideas. Wind it back, the same cogs will turn, the pistons will rise, the hammers will fall, the little dancer will pop up to pirouette in the same direction, and the entirely familiar clanky tune will be plinked out. What the possessors of this belief don't seem to realize is that it's functionally equivalent to believing the Earth is carried on the back of elephants themselves carried by a giant tortoise swimming through space - a universe absent contingency is a cartoon-like parody of knowledge that hasn't been remotely tenable for a century or more.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2278  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 08, 2022 6:49 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Not to Paul who is absolutely incapable of getting anywhere near reasoned discourse, but as an aside, I am pretty confident that an undisclosed faulty assumption here is present in some other discussions across the board - there's a clockwork universe hiding under the hood of so many of these bizarrely wrong ideas. Wind it back, the same cogs will turn, the pistons will rise, the hammers will fall, the little dancer will pop up to pirouette in the same direction, and the entirely familiar clanky tune will be plinked out. What the possessors of this belief don't seem to realize is that it's functionally equivalent to believing the Earth is carried on the back of elephants themselves carried by a giant tortoise swimming through space - a universe absent contingency is a cartoon-like parody of knowledge that hasn't been remotely tenable for a century or more.


Ah... The writer seeks to slay with the pen.... out of the blue yours.

The solar system evolved.

By measure... no fluff.

Paul.
pfrankinstein
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: paul
Posts: 1814

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2279  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 08, 2022 6:56 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Not to Paul who is absolutely incapable of getting anywhere near reasoned discourse, but as an aside, I am pretty confident that an undisclosed faulty assumption here is present in some other discussions across the board - there's a clockwork universe hiding under the hood of so many of these bizarrely wrong ideas. Wind it back, the same cogs will turn, the pistons will rise, the hammers will fall, the little dancer will pop up to pirouette in the same direction, and the entirely familiar clanky tune will be plinked out. What the possessors of this belief don't seem to realize is that it's functionally equivalent to believing the Earth is carried on the back of elephants themselves carried by a giant tortoise swimming through space - a universe absent contingency is a cartoon-like parody of knowledge that hasn't been remotely tenable for a century or more.


Ah... The writer seeks to slay with the pen.... out of the blue yours.

The solar system evolved.

By measure... no fluff.

Paul.



I already told you that the solar system evolved.

Do you think that telling me something I told you means you've conceived of something valuable?

We all know the solar system evolved, Paul. Just as we know that hairstyles evolve, Paul.

Neither of these are in any way analogous to biological evolution as I have explained to you dozens of times over the course of more than a decade: that's how dense you are.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 33854
Age: 47
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: One bang one process.

#2280  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Thrower Hack experts in The sibject;,, where did that come?

Were has it gone.

No fluff.....

Paul.
pfrankinstein
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: paul
Posts: 1814

Country: UK
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests

cron