Mexican Congress' Aliens

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Mexican Congress' Aliens

#1  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 15, 2023 1:36 am

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 023-09-13/

MEXICO CITY, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Mexican lawmakers heard testimony that "we are not alone" in the universe and saw the alleged remains of non-human beings in an extraordinary hearing marking the Latin American country's first congressional event on UFOs.

In the hearing on Tuesday on FANI, the Spanish acronym for what are usually now termed Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP), politicians were shown two artifacts that Mexican journalist and long-time UFO enthusiast Jaime Maussan claimed were the corpses of extraterrestrials.

Perhaps journalists and UFO enthusiasts are not best placed to determine whether something's of alien origin when they can't even tell that these crude sculptures are made of clay.

https://www.livemint.com/science/news/w ... 92576.html

Jaime Maussan, who had in the past been involved in questionable claims that were later debunked, introduced these specimens in enclosed glass cases to the public. According to scientists from UNAM, a substantial portion of the DNA derived from these specimens cannot be categorised. Reportedly, more than 30% of the DNA had no known parallels, after performing radiocarbon dating and comparing it to existing samples.

This is embarrassment on top of embarrassment.

If the aliens have DNA - that's fucking astounding in and of itself supposing they evolved on another planet without biological interaction with Earth.

But to say that 30% of the DNA has no know parallels means very little other than implying that 70% of the DNA is what... known? Maybe... human DNA from contamination?

Just embarrassing nonsense - Maussan is a con-artist and deserves public excoriation when he's exposed this time.

Jose de Jesus Zalce Benitez, Director of the Scientific Institute for Health of the Mexican navy, said X-rays, 3-D reconstruction and DNA analysis had been carried out on the remains.

"I can affirm that these bodies have no relation to human beings," he said.

My coffee mug has no relation to human beings, either.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Re: Mexican Congress' Aliens

#2  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 15, 2023 2:00 am

https://apnews.com/article/extraterrest ... 899c457c76

On Wednesday, Julieta Fierro, researcher at the Institute of Astronomy at the National Autonomous University of Mexico, was among those to express skepticism, saying that many details about the figures “made no sense.”

Fierro added that the researchers’ claims that her university endorsed their supposed discovery were false, and noted that scientists would need more advanced technology than the X-rays they claimed to use to determine if the allegedly calcified bodies were “non-human”.

What a surprise - the sole university supposedly providing the substantive element about the supposed alien origin of these supposed bodies denies any involvement and points out that the claims are ignorant of basic science.

It looks like the same hoax he tried to foist off in Peru, using the exact same 'bodies'.

You can't criminalize bullshit, but I think it'd be nice if the taxpayer's bill for convening Congress landed in Maussan's mail-box.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby Evolving » Sep 15, 2023 11:54 am

Gi's a kiss.

Sorry, I mean: I come in peace. Take me to your leader.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#4  Postby The_Piper » Sep 15, 2023 12:17 pm

ET phone/text home. I think about the potential of life on other worlds multiple times a day, but stuff like this is of absolutely zero interest to me. I'm not swayed by the UAP hearings in my country either. Make better hoaxes, assholes. :lol:
Two front-facing eyes, above a nose with two nostrils, then the mouth below that. Where have I seen those features in that configuration? Not to mention the 2 arms and bipedal modality in other pictures. :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Evolving » Sep 15, 2023 4:42 pm

https://www.livescience.com/archaeology/this-is-complete-nonsense-scientists-rail-against-alien-bodies-shown-before-mexican-congress?utm_term=79BD7F76-0796-48B8-B485-843CAAEDA15B&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=FF208FEC-51F1-4A3B-BBFC-94F44E6E4A5B&utm_source=SmartBrief

Let me tell you that all this is complete nonsense," Rafael Bojalil-Parra, research reinforcement director at Metropolitan Autonomous University (UAD) in Mexico City, told Live Science in an email...

...Other scientists also denounced the claims. "It is sad to see the well debunked claims of Jaime Maussan returning to the internet," Andrew Nelson, chair of anthropology at Western University in Ontario, told Live Science in an email.

The duo also said the bodies came from Peru and that radiocarbon dating shows they date back 1,000 years....

...if the bodies were aliens, then carbon-14 dating would be useless. "Radiocarbon dating is based on Carbon 14 atoms which are created when the sun's radiation strikes the Earth's upper atmosphere"...

...To radiocarbon date extraterrestrial beings, we would have to know what the rate of production of 14-C was on their home planet, not ours
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#6  Postby sean_w » Sep 16, 2023 6:27 pm

They're everywhere right now. It must be a nice earner for some.
sean_w

Print view this post

#7  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 19, 2023 4:08 am

The x-rayed skeletons look like they were put together by a very smart 5 year old. The hoax here isn't even passable - the ribs', knees', elbows', hips' etc. only plausible mechanical function would be to induce laughter in a physiologist.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural