Posted: Oct 23, 2018 2:44 pm
by Alan B
People are unemployed or employed. That is, 'out of work' or 'in work' as defined by the EU in its various definitions.

Now, define employment 'work'. Would it include 'work with wages' and 'work without wages' (which, I think, would suit the Tory approach - it would 'reduce' the unemployment figures that are fed to the ONS. (It could be that if Brexit comes to pass, it would be a bonus for some Tories such that they could ignore any EU ruling to make ZHC illegal).

Or 'work with pay' as the only meaning for the term 'employed' as I think the Labour lot would consider.