Posted: Jan 12, 2016 10:36 pm
by John Platko
Before tackling the last item on my "to do" list for this phase of the project, I decided to add pre-bends, which were missing up to now. This turned out to be harder than I imagined because LillyPond doesn't have a built in mechanism specifically for pre-bends. I did find an add on package from someone that encountered this problem before, and he can create all kinds of nice bends, but I didn't have much luck with his package - but for now, I found a hack way of creating pre-bends that are fine for my purpose. Here's some examples that were mutated into existence:


And you can hear them here. I didn't put a lot of work into making them sound great but you'll get the idea.