Posted: Sep 26, 2017 6:10 pm
by SafeAsMilk
DavidMcC wrote:I have an "actual fireplace", but can never use it these days, because I live in what has become a smokeles zone, and had the chimney flues sealed off when the wobbly old Victorian chimney pots were removed for safety reasons. They are massive, and would probably smash through the roof, then through the floor below, if they ever blew over in a gale). However, the fireplace itself (also Victorian) is very beautiful, with its original Victorian tiles and wrought ironwork.

That's a shame you can't use it, though I guess in terms of safety (and environment as Meta has noted) it's a good thing. Might be bad for the environment, but the smell is wonderful. I also lived in a place with a non-working fireplace but a beautiful hearth, I used to keep a stand with candles in it.