Deepak Chopra called bad choice for autism conference

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Deepak Chopra called bad choice for autism conference

#1  Postby Shrunk » Oct 31, 2016 3:23 pm

Deepak Chopra, a man often described as the "prophet of alternative medicine," has no place at an Edmonton autism conference, says an Edmonton health expert.

Chopra is the "embodiment of pseudoscience," according to Timothy Caulfield, a professor of health law and science policy at the University of Alberta.

"I understand the desire to bring in someone who is going to help people think about the big picture, and perhaps help with stress strategies, but Chopra is the icon of pseudoscience," Caulfield said in an interview with CBC Radio's Edmonton AM.

"I'm disappointed that someone who embraces so much pseudoscience has this status, and I`m disappointed that he was selected....

"He's like the great de-educator. He legitimizes these ideas that have no scientific basis at all and makes them sound scientific. He really is a fountain of meaningless jargon..."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3827677

:this:
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Return to Pseudoscience