DraftScience

Physics n' stuff

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: DraftScience

#21  Postby newolder » Jul 14, 2020 1:41 pm

JustStarDust wrote:Nope, sorry. I don't want to misrepresent. #homework?

Is it a misrepresentation to not know a theory but impugn it has holes? :ask:
Yes, your homework awaits...
No pressure. If he's a waste of time for you, then ignore the thread?

On a physics forum, I'm interested in physics. There's nothing here but wibbling pseudoscience, so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Yes, believe it or not, people interpret things differently.
You just want me to do your homework or something? He has a blackboard for a reason.
How much have you watched so far? Do I really have to repeat what he says & risk getting it wrong? If you have an interest in physics then you might be able to interpret what he says, better then I can. But I can only doubt that you've listened or seen his beliefs, theories, etc. Not that it means much. Geez, chill out mang.
Avoid nasty drugs.
JustStarDust

Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry

Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

#23  Postby newolder » Jul 14, 2020 2:11 pm

JustStarDust wrote:...
How much have you watched so far? Do I really have to repeat what he says & risk getting it wrong? If you have an interest in physics then you might be able to interpret what he says, better then I can. But I can only doubt that you've listened or seen his beliefs, theories, etc. Not that it means much. Geez, chill out mang.

I got to 1:20 before the misrepresentations got too much for me. I don't want you to repeat what he says, I want to read the equation(s) he uses to describe the observed phenomenon of the patterns on the screen. I have no interest in his beliefs and if his theory differs from Schrödinger + the Born rule then I'd have non-zero interest for some non-zero time. What is "mang"?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#24  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Where to start?
There you go folks.

:smoke:
Avoid nasty drugs.
JustStarDust

Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

#25  Postby newolder » Jul 14, 2020 3:10 pm

I've got to 3:09 now where he has just claimed that there is no evidence that electric and magnetic fields exist. :doh:

6:25 ... "Frogs see photons that we don't see." Fuck me!

I've got the end now and not 1 equation appeared on that blackboard. His wibble about polarisation had me off my chair. There were many words spoken but not about physics.

What is "mang"?
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 14, 2020 3:29 pm

newolder wrote:I've got to 3:09 now where he has just claimed that there is no evidence that electric and magnetic fields exist. :doh:

6:25 ... "Frogs see photons that we don't see." Fuck me!

I've got the end now and not 1 equation appeared on that blackboard. His wibble about polarisation had me off my chair. There were many words spoken but not about physics.

What is "mang"?

Yeh, fair. Frogs seeing photons we can't see - how would he know? & similar to 'making the frekin' frogs gay!' maybe.

'Mang' could mean anything from this list: You decide.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mang
Last edited by JustStarDust on Jul 15, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoid nasty drugs.
JustStarDust

Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Svartalf » Jul 14, 2020 3:49 pm

it's not a matter of frogs "seeing photons we can't see", I've not heard of them seeing stuff in the IR or UV range, they just see differently than we do, being more focussed on seeing movement than we are.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Well, yeh &, or this;

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 084545.htm

Note: Thread was moved from 'Physics' to 'Pseudoscience'.
Last edited by JustStarDust on Jul 15, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoid nasty drugs.
JustStarDust

Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Fallible » Jul 14, 2020 3:58 pm

JustStarDust wrote:Yes, believe it or not, people interpret things differently.
You just want me to do your homework or something? He has a blackboard for a reason.

Stop telling people to chill out. I haven’t seen someone dodge as much as you for ages.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#30  Postby newolder » Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Since you addressed me, I was asking what you meant by the word.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#31  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm

newolder wrote:

This then:

mang

an informal term of address for an elderly man; mister
Avoid nasty drugs.
JustStarDust

Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Svartalf » Jul 14, 2020 4:05 pm

so, if this is to be believed, they are sensitive enough to detect individual photons, doesn't mean we don't see them, we just see them as part of the ambient light rather than as individual light quanta.

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Svartalf » Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm

OK, so that thing about frogs and a 'quantum light source' comes from some unknown Singaporean corporation, anybody know how credible they are?

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#34  Postby newolder » Jul 14, 2020 4:41 pm

He denies the possibility of electric and magnetic fields, claims that photons are made by electricity flowing in a wire and polarisation arises because of atomic separation within the wire. No calculations are made but, obviously, frogs see things differently.

:picard:
Last edited by newolder on Jul 14, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#35  Postby newolder » Jul 14, 2020 4:50 pm

JustStarDust wrote:
newolder wrote:

This then:

mang

an informal term of address for an elderly man; mister

My title is Dr., you may address me informally as Doc.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby DevEO » Jul 15, 2020 10:42 pm

I have been watching this clown's videos for a few years. At first I tried to help him and point out his logical fallacies, as did others, since there's no crime in not knowing things. We all start out blank. Now I just watch him for a fascinating combination of imbecilic ignorance, frequent bouts of self pity, gutter mouthed rants, and narcissistic megalomania. It is trivially easy to "unify physics" if you dismiss all inconvenient experimental data as "woo by lying physicists".

He has a megalomaniac streak to ban anyone from his channel who questions his ideas. The only comments he keeps are those from his little cult of sycophants who stroke hie ego and promote his videos on other forums, as one of them has done here.
DevEO

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#37  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Welcome to the forum Dev.

I 'like' many folks on YouTube. I'm pretty sure there's worse out there. DraftScience doesn't have a cult. Stop making things up.
I know many people have tried to help him, but he says he's seen it all before. He appears to have done quite a lot of research on the matter of physics. I know of his other channels & the main message in them, and I disagree with him on many points there, and the C.R.A.P theory. Wouldn't it be amazing if he actually found a solution to a problem in physics - which in turn, actually prevents suffering?
Avoid nasty drugs.
JustStarDust

Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

#38  Postby DevEO » Jul 16, 2020 10:02 pm

JustStarDust wrote:Welcome to the forum Dev.
DraftScience doesn't have a cult. Stop making things up.

I define a 'cult' as a group of people who blindly follow their guru without using their own brain. The guru could tell them that right is left and night is day, and these cultists will believe it and promote his teachings all over the place.

The vast majority, maybe all, of his followers are from his philosophy rant channel where he has developed a following in YouTube's seedy underworld of yelling and foul mouthed ranting at each other. Every single one of his followers, without exception, admits that they "don't really know physics". One even brags that he has credibility BECAUSE he flunked undergrad physics. I don't watch his philosophy channel; only watched a couple videos because he referenced them in his physics channel. I don't know him, like you do, from his other channels for the last 10-20 years. I only follow physics and stumbled on his physics channel because he made some video attacking somebody. At first I tried to help him and point out his logical and mathematical fallacies. In over a thousand videos (his count), he doesn't show a SINGLE mathematical derivation from start to finish. He says outright that math is "trivial" and is for minions. He is a "big ideas man". But physics is all about numbers. Lots of ideas sound good but don't hold up when you plug in the numbers. He violates conservation of energy and momentum at every step of his "theory". His theory contradicts ITSELF, never mind reality, all over the place. When anyone points these things out to him he yells at them and bans them. Now I just stop by once in a while, only to see him still ranting and yelling at people, and basking in the glow of sycophantic comments from his cult.

I have utter contempt for him, not because he is a clueless imbecile who watches physics videos all day and then regurgitates a word salad of misunderstood fancy sounding phrases ('EInstein Field Equations, Maxwell's Equations, Quantized Momentum Vector), not because after allegedly 10 years of watching physics videos he didn't know the difference between an ion and an isotope, a vector and a scalar, a derivative and a derivation, a numerator and a denominator. He has since boned up on some of these terms but has picked up more nonsense in his quest to impress his cult with fancy sounding phrases which most of them don't understand anyway.

I have contempt for this man because he has no respect for anybody but himself. Anybody who has ever solved a difficult problem in their life, ANYBODY, understands that the simplicity of the solution does not negate the difficulty of the problem. Genius is often defined as finding a simple elegant solution to a complex problem, but he doesn't understand that because he has never solved anything complex in his life, it seems. He claims that Newton's inverse square law is "obvious so duh". Copernicus heliocentrism is "obvious so duh". Quantum mechanics predictions of physical properties is "obvious so duh". This megalomaniac has no respect for anyone but himself. He belittles and mocks every single scientist since the beginning of time, except maybe Fatio whose push theory he has stolen and claims, as he does with so many other things, that he came up with it himself. He has stolen ideas from me; deleting my comments and then presenting the concepts as his own a couple days later. Other people claim that he has stolen their ideas. The semi-circle thing he trots out now was stolen from a dissident whose video he mocked some time ago.

Don't you find it interesting that even other dissidents despise and ignore him? That he gets thrown out of even other dissident forums? This is not a conspiracy by THE MAN to silence him. Maybe the problem is with him, not the world.
DevEO

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Hermit » Jul 16, 2020 10:22 pm

DevEO wrote:...he doesn't show a SINGLE mathematical derivation from start to finish. He says outright that math is "trivial" and is for minions.

:popcorn:
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#40  Postby laklak » Jul 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Does he make money out of this? Is it that easy?

I need to get a youtube channel.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience