DraftScience

Physics n' stuff

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: DraftScience

#41  Postby Hermit » Jul 16, 2020 10:55 pm

laklak wrote:Does he make money out of this? Is it that easy?

Maybe not. 2.25k subscribers, but not really very many views. Only one of his clips is in the five digit range. Another 64 with four digits, most of them in the lower half. The rest attracted a few hundred.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 4022
Age: 67
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: DraftScience

#42  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 17, 2020 1:27 am

JustStarDust wrote:Yes, believe it or not, people interpret things differently.

Yes and, believe it or not, people's interpretations can be objectively wrong.

You just want me to do your homework or something?

You're making the claim that this guy is worth anyone's time. It's your burden of proof, do your homework and show it. Pointing to a video and drooling does not make your case.

He has a blackboard for a reason.

That's what you claim, anyway. What you show, however...

How much have you watched so far? Do I really have to repeat what he says & risk getting it wrong?

If you don't even understand it well enough to get it right, then why are you spending so much of your energy promoting it?

If you have an interest in physics then you might be able to interpret what he says, better then I can.

Why don't you get familiar with physics first so you don't have to rot your brain with this crap?

But I can only doubt that you've listened or seen his beliefs, theories, etc. Not that it means much. Geez, chill out mang.

You don't have to listen to every fuckwit on youtube that claims they have the answers. They're dime a dozen and they've got people like you shilling for them. No thanks, I'll stick to the actual science with results behind it.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14266
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#43  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 17, 2020 5:02 am

DevEO wrote:
JustStarDust wrote:Welcome to the forum Dev.
DraftScience doesn't have a cult. Stop making things up.


I define a 'cult' as


Oh ok. Next time I'll have to read your mind then.. :/

laklak wrote:Does he make money out of this? Is it that easy?

I need to get a youtube channel.


It's much easier to review trending movies. I've seen some people start off with only a few subs to over 100k within a few months.
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#44  Postby Blackadder » Jul 17, 2020 8:57 am

laklak wrote:Does he make money out of this? Is it that easy?

I need to get a youtube channel.


Man, there’s always rubes out there ready to be fleeced. It’s how shamans and witch doctors got started. Now you have televangelists, life “coaches”, gurus, doomsday cultists, crystal healers, astrologists, tarot readers, fortune tellers, snake oil salesmen, UFOlogists, pseudoscience whack jobs, the list goes on and on. It’s a billion dollar, global industry.

There’s a sucker born every minute. Or as the old proverb has it, “A fool and his money are soon parted.”
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3748
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#45  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 17, 2020 9:51 am

Blackadder wrote:
laklak wrote:Does he make money out of this? Is it that easy?

I need to get a youtube channel.


Man, there’s always rubes out there ready to be fleeced. It’s how shamans and witch doctors got started. Now you have televangelists, life “coaches”, gurus, doomsday cultists, crystal healers, astrologists, tarot readers, fortune tellers, snake oil salesmen, UFOlogists, pseudoscience whack jobs, the list goes on and on. It’s a billion dollar, global industry.

There’s a sucker born every minute. Or as the old proverb has it, “A fool and his money are soon parted.”


Are you suggesting that someone in the forum, make a YouTube channel, and lie or misguide people for money? (I know you're not really, but your comment could be seen as that. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as I can only assume that you've never lied, or misguided people of anything. But, if certain things are proven to be true - you wont even acknowledge it, ignore the science, and continue to misrepresent things based on very old accusations.)

Plus it's hard to take you seriously when I know Black adder, TV show is a comedy. 'Laughter is the best medicine' as they say.
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#46  Postby Fallible » Jul 17, 2020 9:52 am

Troll.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#47  Postby Blackadder » Jul 17, 2020 11:01 am

JustStarDust wrote:Are you suggesting that someone in the forum, make a YouTube channel, and lie or misguide people for money?

No I'm not suggesting that Laklak do that.

JustStarDust wrote: (I know you're not really, but your comment could be seen as that

Only by someone who doesn't understand humour.

JustStarDust wrote: But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt,

Gee thanks.

JustStarDust wrote: as I can only assume that you've never lied, or misguided people of anything.

I've never lied or misguided people in order to cheat them out of their money, no.

JustStarDust wrote:But, if certain things are proven to be true - you wont even acknowledge it, ignore the science, and continue to misrepresent things based on very old accusations.)

I have no idea what this word salad means. If you are claiming that I dismiss genuine scientific evidence and continue to believe something that is manifestly wrong, you don't know me. Those forum members who have been around here longer than five minutes and know my posting history would confirm how far from reality that caricature is.

JustStarDust wrote:Plus it's hard to take you seriously when I know Black adder, TV show is a comedy. 'Laughter is the best medicine' as they say.

Well done for knowing it's a comedy. You may not know that sarcasm is a central element of its comedy and is something I use frequently. If you did know this fact, then you would not have needed to ask your first question.

And laughter is not the best medicine. The best medicine is found in medical facilities. Laughter is however a very effective weapon against hypocrisy, logical absurdities and evidence-free guff.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3748
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: DraftScience

#48  Postby Svartalf » Jul 17, 2020 11:19 am

mmmh, if that guy is spouting his word salad for money, shouldn't it be called Graft science?
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
User avatar
Svartalf
 
Posts: 2425
Age: 50
Male

Country: France
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#49  Postby newolder » Jul 17, 2020 11:32 am

Drop the "science" from whatever it's called.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7308
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#50  Postby Hermit » Jul 17, 2020 11:42 am

newolder wrote:Drop the "science" from whatever it's called.

And the second letter in the first word.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 4022
Age: 67
Male

Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#51  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 17, 2020 1:15 pm

Blackadder wrote:If you are claiming that I dismiss genuine scientific evidence and continue to believe something that is manifestly wrong, you don't know me. Those forum members who have been around here longer than five minutes and know my posting history would confirm how far from reality that caricature is.


Oh good.

And sorry I haven't read everyone's post yet... I'm not going at this full time. There's many, obviously.

And now I guess I can't even ask, what previous beliefs did you have & what changed them? Or just 1 if you're cut for time. I'll get around to reading *everything* soon...
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#52  Postby felltoearth » Jul 17, 2020 3:26 pm

JustStarDust wrote:

And sorry I haven't read everyone's post yet... I'm not going at this full time.


If “going at this full time” means “posting” I would disagree as you are racking up quite the post count around here.

If “going at this full time” means “reading, considering, thinking, and thoughtfully and honestly responding” I would most certainly agree.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 13727
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#53  Postby laklak » Jul 17, 2020 3:32 pm

"Lie" is such a loaded word. "Selective Truth" is better. For example, "I am God, you should listen to me" is selectively true. "I am" is the true part.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20770
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#54  Postby Blackadder » Jul 17, 2020 5:35 pm

JustStarDust wrote:
Blackadder wrote:If you are claiming that I dismiss genuine scientific evidence and continue to believe something that is manifestly wrong, you don't know me. Those forum members who have been around here longer than five minutes and know my posting history would confirm how far from reality that caricature is.


Oh good.

And sorry I haven't read everyone's post yet... I'm not going at this full time. There's many, obviously.

And now I guess I can't even ask, what previous beliefs did you have & what changed them? Or just 1 if you're cut for time. I'll get around to reading *everything* soon...


I don’t expect you to read every post on here. But if you start throwing accusations at people you barely know, expect to be called out on it. That’s all.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3748
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#55  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jul 17, 2020 6:13 pm

It sure would help grasp how this forum works to read a little.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 738

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: DraftScience

#56  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 22, 2020 7:53 am

I do read a little. I see people posting topics.

IE, 'General Debunking'. Ok sure. That section is for information on how to generally debunk someone. Even if that name or topic, is actually 'generally debunking' something else. Moderators can move topics all they want. They're the 'judges' here. I post a thing about space science - it gets moved to pseudo science, leading me to assume that, you didn't do any watching or reading? Oh well. That's how this forum 'works'.

Don't evolve into a chicken.

Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#57  Postby Hermit » Jul 22, 2020 10:14 am

JustStarDust wrote:IE, 'General Debunking'. Ok sure. That section is for information on how to generally debunk someone. Even if that name or topic, is actually 'generally debunking' something else. Moderators can move topics all they want. They're the 'judges' here. I post a thing about space science - it gets moved to pseudo science, leading me to assume that, you didn't do any watching or reading? Oh well. That's how this forum 'works'.

This thread has been moved into the right section. The channel you linked a clip from is pure pseudoscience. I am utterly unsurprised that you ignored this:
DevEO wrote:...he doesn't show a SINGLE mathematical derivation from start to finish. He says outright that math is "trivial" and is for minions.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 4022
Age: 67
Male

Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#58  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jul 22, 2020 11:01 am

You know what they say about assumptions...

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 738

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#59  Postby JustStarDust » Jul 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Image

SuspiciousObservers, was the channel about space science. How was his information, pseudoscience? All he does is report space science. DraftScience, is different.
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: DraftScience

#60  Postby campermon » Jul 22, 2020 3:25 pm

theropod_V_2.0 wrote:You know what they say about assumptions...

RS


They make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'mption' :ask:

:) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
User avatar
campermon
RS Donator
 
Posts: 17430
Age: 50
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest