Dream Interpretations

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Dream Interpretations

#41  Postby felltoearth » Aug 12, 2020 12:56 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
mpaskinsky wrote:Understanding a dream can help when trying to sort out real-life problems or decisions because it can help point out what your intuition is saying to you.

My intuition is apparently saying "You're on your own". My dreams, on the rare occasions I remember them, are never about anything. A random collection of imagery and intense emotions almost never having anything to do with the day's events -- I can count on one hand the occasions that they did, and on those occasions my brain's only message seemed to be "you did this way too much today". The only other time they've had any connection to waking life is when they're on the titilating side, and that's only due to their results.

Can't speak for anyone else of course, but my dreams are absolute bunk. I love Jung and Campbell, but anyone who says there's universal symbols and that they must mean something are full of shit.

A shrink I had for a long run was really good at using dreams to get to emotional concerns. Discussion wasn’t around metaphor or symbolism (stop philosophizing he would always say) but around the feelings in the dream. It really helped me connect with my feelings about situations and people. Rarely did it have anything to do with events of any particular day.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby mpaskinsky » Aug 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Indeed our intuition and dreams are correlated. I know that rational skepticism will have something against it, but I would not deny it has something for us to be prepared. I have come to dreams-meaning.com when I was watching an astrology webinar and was advised by the mentor to look up my last dream meaning there. I have learned so much about myself due to the interpretation of dreams of mine. Never rule out the possibility to be guided through your dreams.
mpaskinsky

Name: Mark Paskinsky

United States (us)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Fallible » Aug 24, 2020 6:38 pm

:sigh:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#44  Postby BlackBart » Aug 24, 2020 6:41 pm

I dreamt that a jock was being choked by a nerd with his thighs, whilst he was sticking his fingers in a power socket in a kindergarten for babies? What does that mean? :ask:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#45  Postby Fallible » Aug 24, 2020 6:51 pm

That the forum has ruined you.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#46  Postby BlackBart » Aug 24, 2020 7:10 pm

:whine:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#47  Postby BlackBart » Aug 24, 2020 7:22 pm

Oh, I forget the bit where my girlfriend Marlene suddenly blew a raspberry and flew twice around the room and out the window.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby The_Piper » Aug 24, 2020 7:32 pm

:rofl: to everything :rofl:
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#49  Postby Fallible » Aug 24, 2020 7:46 pm

I forgot that too, until now. So thanks.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#50  Postby laklak » Aug 24, 2020 8:02 pm

I dreamed my dog was shitting on the ley lines, and every time I hurt myself there was an earthquake somewhere.

What do you guys think that means?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#51  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 24, 2020 9:05 pm

felltoearth wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
mpaskinsky wrote:Understanding a dream can help when trying to sort out real-life problems or decisions because it can help point out what your intuition is saying to you.

My intuition is apparently saying "You're on your own". My dreams, on the rare occasions I remember them, are never about anything. A random collection of imagery and intense emotions almost never having anything to do with the day's events -- I can count on one hand the occasions that they did, and on those occasions my brain's only message seemed to be "you did this way too much today". The only other time they've had any connection to waking life is when they're on the titilating side, and that's only due to their results.

Can't speak for anyone else of course, but my dreams are absolute bunk. I love Jung and Campbell, but anyone who says there's universal symbols and that they must mean something are full of shit.

A shrink I had for a long run was really good at using dreams to get to emotional concerns. Discussion wasn’t around metaphor or symbolism (stop philosophizing he would always say) but around the feelings in the dream. It really helped me connect with my feelings about situations and people. Rarely did it have anything to do with events of any particular day.

How do you get from feelings to situations & people without the imagery? If in a dream you feel anxious, but you're not anxious about what you see happening in the dream, then how do you relate that to something in real life? Think of what you're anxious about? If you're anything like me, it wouldn't be a short list :)
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Pseudoscience