Iranian scientist invents time machine: Claim

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Iranian scientist invents time machine: Claim

#1  Postby aliihsanasl » Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm

A Tehran scientist, Ali Razeghi, has claimed that he invented a time machine that predicts the future, the Telegraph has reported.

Razeghi reportedly registered the "Aryayek Time Traveling Machine" with the state-run Centre for Strategic Inventions, where he serves as the director.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/irania ... sCatID=374

Yeeeees, that was what I expect from Iranian scientists after finding the cure for cancer, making the super fighter jet and atomic bomb. I guess next will be sending a human out of our solar system for the first time. :smoke:
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Re: Iranian scientist invents time machine: Claim

#2  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 11, 2013 4:34 pm

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Time Machine Invented?

#3  Postby the_5th_ape » Apr 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Ali Razeghi, a Tehran scientist has registered "The Aryayek Time Traveling Machine" with the state-run Centre for Strategic Inventions.

The device can predict the future in a print out after taking readings from the touch of a user, he told the Fars state newsagency.

Razaeghi, 27, said the device worked by a set of complex algorithims to "predict five to eight years of the future life of any individual, with 98 percent accuracy".

As the managing director of Iran's Centre for Strategic Inventions, Razeghi is a serial inventor with 179 other inventions listed under his own name. "I have been working on this project for the last 10 years," he said.

"My invention easily fits into the size of a personal computer case and can predict details of the next 5-8 years of the life of its users. It will not take you into the future, it will bring the future to you."

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... chine.html
Thanking God for sparing you in a natural disaster is like
sending a thank-you note to a serial killer for stabbing the family next door

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Best Answer
the_5th_ape

Male

Print view this post

Re: Time Machine Invented?

#4  Postby chairman bill » Apr 11, 2013 7:09 pm

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Scarlett » Apr 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Ah, not exactly what I thought it was. I was hoping that since it was in Iran they could use it to bring them into the correct millenuim :(
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Nostalgia » Apr 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Jesus Christ the_5th_ape, stop polluting the SCIENCE subforum with RUBBISH.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#7  Postby DavidMcC » Apr 12, 2013 2:54 pm

aliihsanasl wrote:A Tehran scientist, Ali Razeghi, has claimed that he invented a time machine that predicts the future, the Telegraph has reported.

Razeghi reportedly registered the "Aryayek Time Traveling Machine" with the state-run Centre for Strategic Inventions, where he serves as the director.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/irania ... sCatID=374

Yeeeees, that was what I expect from Iranian scientists after finding the cure for cancer, making the super fighter jet and atomic bomb. I guess next will be sending a human out of our solar system for the first time. :smoke:

So, you reject claims of a time machine on the same basis as an atomic bomb? But only one of these two has been shown to be feasible.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby DavidMcC » Apr 12, 2013 3:15 pm

... In short, it is a category error to consider time machines as if they were just technology, like nuclear bombs or super-fighters, etc.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby epete » Apr 12, 2013 3:21 pm

I can time travel into the future. I do it every day... :)
High rise living is for communists and termites. - laklak
epete
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#10  Postby natselrox » Apr 12, 2013 7:06 pm

At the unremarkable speed of 1 second per second.
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Varangian » Apr 12, 2013 9:56 pm

In the future I used to believe in time machines.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Nostalgia » Apr 13, 2013 1:17 am

Time travel into the future is easy. All you need to do is travel at a significant percentage of c or find a black hole and hang around close to it for a while. Time travel into the past is most likely impossible. The paradoxes aside, it assumes that the past actually exists somewhere other than our memories.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Return to Pseudoscience