Most Cancer Patients Die of Chemotherapy

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Most Cancer Patients Die of Chemotherapy

#101  Postby Shrunk » Oct 26, 2016 10:44 am

Vermeulen J. wrote:
I doubt that water or chocolate will burn your skin like chemo does ("How do you treat a chemo burn?" https://www.caring.com/questions/chemo-burn). What baffles me is how all these victims of chemo burns are horrified by the effects of chemo on their skin (and deeper layers), but fail to ask themselves the obvious question: if this stuff burns away skin tissue, what the hell will it do INSIDE of me!?

Burn away tissue, duh! What would you want it to do to the cancer? Give it a nice lolly and tuck it away in bed?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#102  Postby Shrunk » Oct 26, 2016 10:46 am

"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#103  Postby Macdoc » Oct 26, 2016 11:00 am

What a stupid contention ....a drug cocktail burns the skin ....duh...

Vit C burns like fire - Essential Day Spa
www.essentialdayspa.com › ... › Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Oct 19, 2010 - 26 posts
After I apply a Vit C serum (any) my skin becomes red and burns like hell but only for several minutes and then comes back normal. Should I ...

Chemo cocktails are incredibly powerful medicines......in lymphoma ...the idea is to destroy the immune system because its a defect in the immune system which causes the white cells to not die --- they build up in lumps - that's what your doctor is looking for when he fingers yor lymph glands under your jaw or probes your groin.

The multiple chemo treatment destroys the immune cells and te body regrows them without the defect.
It takes numerous "cycles" to get them all.

Part of the cocktail is designed to mitigate the vicious effects of the treatment.

Nasty ? yup
Needed ?? preferred treatment for certain types of cancer ?? Absolutely.

alternative ?? die in a few months :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#104  Postby Regina » Oct 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Vermeulen J. wrote:Sorry to disappoint but I'm neither 'Kyrani', 'Kyranni' nor 'Jan Vermeulen'.

I've wasted too much time at forums like this already and since I'm only trying to inform 'the public' about alternative views on what causes 'disease' (which automatically leads to alternative ways to handle disease too, naturally), it's again time for me to move on. How the medical establishment manages to scare the public into harsh treatments like chemotherapy is obvious to me, but I have to admit that they put me to sleep for many years too (I've had doctors telling me that a dear one 'reacted badly to the chemo treatment', after she only lived through it for about five weeks - it was just the onset of lung cancer - and I even thanked them for doing their best!). When I learned about 'German New Medicine' (GNM), back in 2009, finally I put one and one together and since that day (actually the night before my ex-girlfriend was about to undergo mutilating surgery) the fear based propaganda of our 'health care system' doesn't effect me anymore.

The link between prolonged stress and disease has to be kept far from the public, because otherwise the whole medical industry would collapse. It's as simple as that. Anything counter to the official medical theories has to be fenced off (ridiculed, forbidden, etc.). For every study like this "Striking life events associated with primary breast cancer susceptibility in women" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3751759/ and "Stressful life events and risk of breast cancer in 10,808 women" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12615606 there are counter studies (and this is true for any kind of 'study', which is why people have to educate themselves in order to make up their own minds, but surely it's easier to just follow 'main stream science', although all these studies are performed by members of this same 'elite'...).

The second study above concluded: "The findings suggest a role for life events in breast cancer etiology through hormonal or other mechanisms." Of course, even though they suggest 'other mechanism', they never mention the work of dr. Hamer (who handed over his 'German New Medicine' theory to the university of Tübingen in the form of a post doctoral thesis, back in 1981, which to this day they've always refused to test!), simply because they either never heard of it (!) or, more likely, there's no official evidence to back up his theory. GNM has been verified many times already (by many doctors and even a university - http://www.newmedicine.ca/verification.php), but as long as the medical establishment refuses to perform an official evaluation of GNM (and just puts GNM on the black list of forbidden theories/treatments, simply because they have the power to do so...) all members of the 'medical science elite' have to (officially) ignore dr. Hamer's work, because they're only aloud to move around within the restricted framework of their own 'group'.

I hope some people can see through this masquerade and do some investigating on their own (which is not easy, I know). Good luck to all who have their hearts in the right place.

Fuck off, just do it, and take your vile pile of excrement with you on the way out.
Compared to Hamer, a disgraced, fraudulent, criminal and utterly despicable illegally practicising pseudo-physician Andrew Wakefield is an honourable, honest-to-God medical practitioner.
That pestilential pimple on the face of humanity is, on top of everything else, an antisemite. His brand of dreck is called Germanic New Medicine, which you delicately omit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryke_Geerd_Hamer
"Hamer claims that his method is a "Germanic" alternative to mainstream clinical medicine which he claims is part of a Jewish conspiracy to decimate non-Jews."
Piss off.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#105  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Oct 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Regina wrote:
"Hamer claims that his method is a "Germanic" alternative to mainstream clinical medicine which he claims is part of a Jewish conspiracy to decimate non-Jews."

Something tells me that this brand of bullshit isn't going to do anyone's forum longevity much good, given where our forum physically resides. 8-)
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#106  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 02, 2017 2:09 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Regina, the posts that you made below are inflammatory towards another forum member:

[Reveal] Spoiler: your reported posts, relevant text in bold red font
Regina wrote:...

Fuck off, just do it, and take your vile pile of excrement with you on the way out.
Compared to Hamer, a disgraced, fraudulent, criminal and utterly despicable illegally practicising pseudo-physician Andrew Wakefield is an honourable, honest-to-God medical practitioner.
That pestilential pimple on the face of humanity is, on top of everything else, an antisemite. His brand of dreck is called Germanic New Medicine, which you delicately omit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryke_Geerd_Hamer
Piss off.

Regina wrote:Vaccination is murder by injection?
It took you some time to work in the evil Jews, but you finally managed. Your shite stinks to high heaven

Piss off.

Regina wrote:...

Would that be the Robin Weiss who sums up his research as follows?

"Research Summary
Our laboratory mainly addresses the immune response to HIV and why no successful vaccine to HIV has yet been developed. We work on antibodies to HIV particularly those that neutralize the infectivity of the virus. We work with phage libaries derived from single-chain antibodies of llamas among other antibodies. We are also interested in the cell tropism and virulence of HIV, and in human genetic factors that determine the risk of infection by HIV and the rate of progression to AIDS. We have also adapted techniques used to study HIV neutralizing antibodies to other emerging virus infections in particular SARS, H5N1 influenza and rabies. I take an interest in the history of the appearance of human infectious diseases and the impact that they have had in the past and may well in the future. Our research is funded by the MRC, the European Union and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation."
Oh, and by the way, viruses don't die because they're not alive to begin with.
Piss off.

Making provocative or inflammatory posts towards other forum members is not allowed, as is spelled out in our Forum User's Agreement, paragraph 1.2.e, to which you agreed when you joined our forum.

[Reveal] Spoiler: relevant section of the Forum User's Agreement
Members of rationalskepticism.org agree to:

1.2. not post or transmit defamatory, abusive, threatening or illegal material, or any other material with the intent to purposely mislead or harm others or infringe on the ability of others to enjoy rationalskepticism.org. This includes but is not limited to:

e. attempt to inflame or provoke another member(s).

Please keep this in mind when you make your posts, to make our forum a better place, and to avoid possible sanction.

The_Metatron

Please do not discuss this modnote or moderation in this thread as it is off-topic. If you need clarification or want to appeal this decision, please PM me or a senior moderator.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#107  Postby DavidMcC » Jan 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Clearly, standard chemotherapy leaves much to be desired, but some cancers can, at least in principle, now be treated more efficiently than by conventional chemotheapy:
http://www.cancercenter.com/lung-cancer/targeted-therapy/
What is targeted therapy?
Targeted therapies are drugs or other substances designed to block the growth and spread of cancer by preventing cancer cells from dividing or by destroying them directly. While standard chemotherapy affects all cells in the body, targeted therapy directs drugs or other specially created substances (e.g., immune system proteins developed in the lab) to attack cancer cells. The goal of targeted therapy is to interfere with genes or proteins involved in tumor growth to block the spread of the disease.
By targeting specific molecules that are responsible for the growth, progression and spread of cancer, targeted therapy differs from standard chemotherapy, which attacks the disease systemically and, therefore, also damages healthy cells. Because targeted therapy specifically seeks out cancer cells, it is designed to reduce the harm to healthy cells, which may lead to fewer side effects than standard chemotherapy.

The usefulness of targetted therapies will hopefully increase in the not-too-distant future.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#108  Postby Regina » Jan 02, 2017 4:09 pm

[quote="The_Metatron";p="2509017"][/quote]
I'm making this forum a better place by telling the purveyors of anti-semitic filth to piss off, and I'll continue to do so until you suspend me permanently.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#109  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 03, 2017 1:54 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Regina wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:

I'm making this forum a better place by telling the purveyors of anti-semitic filth to piss off, and I'll continue to do so until you suspend me permanently.

You could take that approach. The result will depend on how much you value your membership here.

Alternatively, you could use the reporting system as it is designed.

The_Metatron
I AM Skepdickus!

The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#110  Postby Macdoc » Jan 03, 2017 5:48 am

This thread should never have seen the light of day and should be consigned to the electron cloud. :nono:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#111  Postby DavidMcC » Jan 03, 2017 11:43 am

Macdoc wrote:This thread should never have seen the light of day and should be consigned to the electron cloud. :nono:
(My bold.)
A whole thread contained in a single atom?! Wow!
:grin:
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#112  Postby aban57 » Jan 03, 2017 12:41 pm

DavidMcC wrote:
Macdoc wrote:This thread should never have seen the light of day and should be consigned to the electron cloud. :nono:
(My bold.)
A whole thread contained in a single atom?! Wow!
:grin:

Well it depends, how much bullshit can a single atom contain ? :lol:
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#113  Postby DavidMcC » Jan 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Good point, aban!
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#114  Postby Macdoc » Jan 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Fuck atom....too big a space....
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#115  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 03, 2017 5:59 pm

I can't agree with you, there.

Cali has often told us that bad ideas exist to be destroyed. Well, this topic's premise is a bad idea. Its public destruction is necessary.
I AM Skepdickus!

The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#116  Postby aban57 » Jan 03, 2017 6:24 pm

And bad ideas' destruction always bring knowledge.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#117  Postby UltimoReducto » Mar 19, 2018 7:24 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Every cancer is different as is every chemotherapy regimen so blanket statements just don't apply to the discussion of chemotherapy cost/benefit analysis.

We've all seen someone suffer through chemo and die. It's not a valid argument against.

Precisely: As, I expect, we've all seen someone die from cancer without undergoing chemotherapy.

It's the cancer that's the killer, and the chemotherapy is a calculated risk fully explained to the patients. No patient goes into chemo thinking 'Well, that's me sorted - I'll be right as rain in a few days cos the doc promised me'.

Fully explained to the patients, are you mad!? Doctor spends all of 30 seconds with a patient, regurgitating the liability portion of his insurance contract. Doctors do not make any attempt whatsoever to educate patients. Doctors scoff at you for doubting them if you ask questions. Not to mention socialized medicine making your choice artificially cheap at the expense of our pocketbooks. Give em the hundreds of thousands of dollars instead and they’ll all be a lot happier. That’s a certainty not a risk.
UltimoReducto

United States (us)
Print view this post

#118  Postby Fallible » Mar 19, 2018 7:29 am

We don't all come from the US.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#119  Postby UltimoReducto » Mar 19, 2018 7:49 am

Spearthrower wrote:And one final comment on the matter - anecdotes are not statistically significant. It's certainly of human interest to hear of these personal experiences of cancer, but to extrapolate from them is ludicrous.

To add an anecdote of my own with no generalised extrapolation: my grandmother died of cancer a decade or so ago. The doctors advised her against chemotherapy as she was unlikely to survive the procedure, the chances of it being beneficial were minimal, and it would have caused her final days to be even worse than simply suffering through the pain of cancer. She fully agreed and died as predicted within a very short period of time.

[url]https://mises.org/library/undue-aggregation-isn’t-just-economists[/url]
For the promoters of population medicine, the individual clinical interaction is of no interest. It is dismissed as quaint, anecdotal, and inconsequential to a proper understanding of health issues. Instead, the data of interest are those garnered from large epidemiological studies and clinical trials. From such research, one can derive “risk factors” for disease, elucidate the “determinants of health,” and promote prescriptive measures in wide swaths.

Anecdotes are pesky because they tend to undermine nice little theories worked out in the lab.

What are you doing on a discussion board when discussion makes you uncomfortable?
UltimoReducto

United States (us)
Print view this post

#120  Postby aban57 » Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am

UltimoReducto wrote:

What are you doing on a discussion board when discussion makes you uncomfortable?

No it's typical trollish content that make people here uncomfortable.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience