My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#81  Postby tolman » Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Maybe I just have some kind of standards for what worthwhile aliens would be like.
Pile of stones?
Scrapes in a South American desert?

Someone should make a T-shirt for the planet.
"Aliens came from another star system, and all I got was some Stone-Age tat."

I don't think seemingly entirely unfounded speculation that aliens could have tinkered with human DNA really makes things any better.

Hell, it'd be great if there were benevolent biotech-genius aliens watching over us, but at the moment, it seems unlikely.
If there were, where's the fertility-reducing virus that humans (and the planet) would both hugely benefit from?
Last edited by tolman on Sep 04, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman
 
Posts: 7106

Country: UK
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#82  Postby trubble76 » Sep 04, 2013 9:46 am

I don't understand how the jam gets inside doughnuts, therefore aliens definitely did it and all of you lot are daft for not immediately believing me despite offering no evidence at all besides my personal disbelief.

Also, fucking magnets...how do they work?!
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
User avatar
trubble76
RS Donator
 
Posts: 11205
Age: 43
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#83  Postby TheVoiceOfReason » Oct 13, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Post # 7 and Post #8.... I'd like to start by saying that I have a healthy skepticism when it comes to "claims". You don't have to believe me on that, but if you use logic, you will have no choice but to conclude that I wouldn't even be ON this site if that were not the case. That's not to say that you will actually USE logic, as I can see that many do not (often on BOTH sides of an argument). Furthermore, I'm 56 years old and have spent almost my entire life (focusing heavily since high school) in the sciences, and still work in the sciences today. So please don't even go to the sardonic, insolent, and USELESS form of "argument" that I so often (and sadly) read on web sites like this. If we can move FORWARD on the Lloyd Pye "exchange", it strikes me as supremely obstinate that this individual should be shot down in such incredibly dismissive fashion. I, too, have seen information presented by this individual, and right or wrong in his conclusions, this man has done more RESEARCH (YES, RESEARCH), BY FAR, than ANYONE ridiculing him on this web site. It's not even in the same ball park, and that strikes me as not only an UNSCIENTIFIC approach to take, but also an unnecessarily CRUEL one (again...sardonic, insolent, unfairly dismissive, etc.) To attack this man so viciously, WITHOUT, and I repeat, WITHOUT the DETAILED RESEARCH that I can SEE that HE has done (judging, AT THE VERY LEAST, by his scientific VOCABULARY and breadth of his SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE...something I am in a POSITION to judge, given my background) is simply unfair, and something one should NOT be proud of. Having said that, I'd like you to consider something else. It's a simple question. Why is it that THIS man should have to prove BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, and under grueling interrogation to the nth degree, that HIS theory is any less VALID than the "MAINSTREAM" theory, WHICH TO THIS DAY IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE SAME SCRUTINY EVEN THOUGH THE "EXPLANATIONS" ARE NEITHER PROVEN NOR DEMONSTRABLE??? The most strikingly dismissive and poorly thought out "argument" that prompted me to write this reply is the YouTube video "explaining" how Stonehenge could have been built. Space limitations prohibit the MANY holes that can be punched into this theory, but what is even more disturbing to me is that this video appears to be a supportive argument to extrapolate that ancient man COULD have done ALL the megalithic buildings and monuments. It would take little thought to appreciate that moving 2.3 MILLION two and half TON blocks on Giza ALONE would not only be IMPOSSIBLE given the cumbersome, time consuming, and space consuming method used in the video on FLAT, UNELEVATED ground, but mainstream Egyptologists or "scientists" would have us believe that ALL THREE Egyptian pyramids were built in 20 years. Two words come to mind...preposterous and insulting. Look, I don't claim this man has the answers, but to be so disrespectful when no one on this web site can offer the DEFINITIVE PROOF THEMSELVES, and WITHOUT doing ANYWHERE NEAR the same amount of research is just wrong. After all, why shouldn't THIS man INSIST that YOU prove YOUR argument is more RATIONAL than HIS???
TheVoiceOfReason
 
Posts: 1

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#84  Postby Fallible » Oct 13, 2013 10:01 am

Before you even get to your main point there's a problem. Of course there's a choice to conclude other than that your presence shows you have a healthy skepticism. Many people here demonstrate precious little, as do you in your very first post. In your very first post you refute your very first claim. That's some going. This mistake in logic makes me less likely to trust your judgement in other matters. Then of course we have the curious assumption that you are qualified to judge this man's knowledge due to your claimed status as a scientist without even bothering to find out that many members who would disagree with you about him are also scientists. This second mistake increases my skepticism further. Next, we move onto a claim that there's not enough space to show all the ways the video is wrong without a single one being given here. Skepticism moves up a notch. Then there's the way you seem to think being disrespectful actually has meaning when discussing "theories". It's what theists complain about when their childish shit is called what it is. You ever heard the saying "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?" That's why he needs to work harder to "prove" his "theory". If you actually were a scientist you'd know that, and you'd understand that any "theory" stands and falls on the evidence...none of which you have provided. Of course, we know why you haven't. You complain about the people here being insulting. Your fact-free drivel is an insult to everyone's intelligence. Your post contains nothing of substance, it's just a long way of saying "waaah! You're so mean and rude!" If that is you quoted in the OP, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling yourself a skeptic in the same thread.
Last edited by Fallible on Oct 13, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51106
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#85  Postby BlackBart » Oct 13, 2013 10:05 am

I don't know what we're SHOUTING about!!!!!
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Posts: 12028
Age: 57
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#86  Postby Fallible » Oct 13, 2013 10:06 am

When you SHOUT it MEANS you're RIGHT. DON'T be SO INSOLENT!
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51106
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#87  Postby BlackBart » Oct 13, 2013 10:50 am

Fallible wrote:When you SHOUT it MEANS you're RIGHT. DON'T be SO INSOLENT!


I've got MORE SOLENT than you! So THERE!!!
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Posts: 12028
Age: 57
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#88  Postby rustneversleeps83 » Jul 25, 2014 3:56 am

@Sapieteuthid

I find it hilarious that you have refuted Lloyd Pye, a man who for the record is now deceased and cannot respond to your skepticism anymore, but have not provided one piece of evidence, let alone even your perspective, that demonstrates how humans at that time built pyramids all over the world, Machu Pichu, Puma Punku, Ajanta caves, and Baalbek( perfectly quarried stones weighing over 1000 tons).

Just like I cannot prove to you that ghosts or unexplained energy exists, I can't prove that aliens exist.
This doesn't mean they don't exist and I don't expect you to prove that.
If you omit every single sighting and evidence, the odds of them existing versus not existing is extremely high. Stephen Hawking, an astrophysicist has said that himself.

Also, evolution is just a theory for the record.
There are many people who aren't religious that don't accept that version of history, after all history is decided by the winners.
Open your minds and you might understand things you didn't before.
Definitely still be skeptical and rational, but remember nothing is truly factual but anything is possible.
rustneversleeps83
 
Posts: 3

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#89  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 25, 2014 7:47 am

Just a theory...just a theory like the theory gravity and germ theory. Theory means something when it is used in this context that is different from how people using it in their daily lives.

Also there have been plenty of experiments done to show how people could build pyramids, turns out a lot of people with the technology of the time could in fact do it. In fact we have evidence of the very quarries they mined the stones out of, with some of the stones being still half done showing exactly how they did it. No need for aliens, just humans and time.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
User avatar
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator
 
Posts: 10344
Age: 34
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#90  Postby Fallible » Jul 25, 2014 8:35 am

Yayyyyyy! Evolution is just a theory! I wonder how many seconds it's been since the last time someone erected that particular pyramid of shit.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51106
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#91  Postby BlackBart » Jul 25, 2014 9:21 am

rustneversleeps83 wrote:but remember nothing is truly factual but anything is possible.


Is that a fact? :ask:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Posts: 12028
Age: 57
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#92  Postby Scar » Jul 25, 2014 10:03 am

BlackBart wrote:
rustneversleeps83 wrote:but remember nothing is truly factual but anything is possible.


Is that a fact? :ask:

It's possible that it is!
Image
User avatar
Scar
 
Name: Michael
Posts: 3967
Age: 33
Male

Country: Germany
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#93  Postby Fallible » Jul 25, 2014 11:14 am

:tehe:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51106
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#94  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am

rustneversleeps83 wrote:
I find it hilarious that you have refuted Lloyd Pye, a man who for the record is now deceased and cannot respond to your skepticism anymore, but have not provided one piece of evidence, let alone even your perspective, that demonstrates how humans at that time built pyramids all over the world, Machu Pichu, Puma Punku, Ajanta caves, and Baalbek( perfectly quarried stones weighing over 1000 tons).


Can you demonstrate exactly how aliens would have done it?

Better yet, why they would have done it?

We can at least explain the latter with human behavior. Only we are so selfish to waste resources on monuments and war instead of meaningful social infrastructure.
User avatar
Ihavenofingerprints
 
Posts: 6903
Age: 27
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#95  Postby rustneversleeps83 » Jul 26, 2014 2:20 am

Can you demonstrate or provide articles on how supposedly primitive humans quarried, cut and moved a 1000 tonne stone 5 miles?? I do not know who, why, let alone how they (which could be aliens?? or extremely intelligent and mathematical humans? even tho that would completely contradict the theory of evolution) Majority of these ancient monuments have exact and perfect alignment with stars and planets or with the case of the Ajanta caves, the summer and winter solstice each year align perfectly with the sun each year hitting a designated spot in two intricately separate cave temples so detailed, with nothing added in and solely carved from the existing mountain, I have to doubt humans made all nine of these caves just like I have doubts that humans moved a 1000 tonne quarried stone 5 miles only for it to sit in the sand. The list on unexplained archaeology goes on but still no one has barely investigated the timeline, let alone why there are pyramids all over the world, the biggest now being found in Bosnia, not Egypt anymore.

@darthhelmet:
In fact we have evidence of the very quarries they mined the stones out of, with some of the stones being still half done showing exactly how they did it. No need for aliens, just humans and time.


I'm guessing your referring to Easter Island, where you're correct it's highly likely humans or inhabitants at the time were the ones who quarried, carved, and moved those 10-20+ feet stone carvings. Without even considering how or why they even stumbled on Easter Island one has to primarily ask why they were spending so much energy making these structures and moving most to the edge of the island facing away. Why would this be such a priority for them? As for for the pyramids, even though science has done studies with small replicas, to this day NO ONE has been able to even replicate constructing, (let alone moving the stones) even a small pyramid. Until this is achieved it is not a feasible or testable hypothesis for science to say humans made them.

Anyone here familiar at all with Sumeria, one of the first civilizations we recognize as being able to read and write??
rustneversleeps83
 
Posts: 3

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#96  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 26, 2014 2:29 am

Wow that is a pile of shite, I could take it apart bit by bit but can't be bothered. I could even go through and find you a whole pile of documented experiments but I don't think you would actually read them or learn from them. It is also really easy to find images of the Egypt stone quarries with partially built rocks in them. Instead I will give you these two links.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=egyptian+pyramids+ ... xperiments

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=egyptian+pyramids+quarry+images
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
User avatar
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator
 
Posts: 10344
Age: 34
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#97  Postby Oldskeptic » Jul 26, 2014 3:37 am

rustneversleeps83 wrote:Can you demonstrate or provide articles on how supposedly primitive humans quarried, cut and moved a 1000 tonne stone 5 miles??


Who are these "supposedly primitive humans? Are you under the impression that people 5,000 years ago were less intelligent than people today? If so you are wrong. Another thing that you are wrong about is that pyramids were built out of 1,000 ton stones. The largest stones used in pyramids were around 80 tons .

As far as we know, what has been discovered so far, is that in the last 5,000 year only 16 stones over 200 tons have been moved anywhere, and these were for monuments. Only 4 or 5 anywhere near 1,000 tons.

I do not know who, why, let alone how they (which could be aliens?? or extremely intelligent and mathematical humans? even tho that would completely contradict the theory of evolution)


How does intelligent humans understanding mathematics or engineering thousands of years ago contradict the theory of evolution?

Majority of these ancient monuments have exact and perfect alignment with stars and planets or with the case of the Ajanta caves, the summer and winter solstice each year align perfectly with the sun each year hitting a designated spot in two intricately separate cave temples so detailed, with nothing added in and solely carved from the existing mountain, I have to doubt humans made all nine of these caves just like I have doubts that humans moved a 1000 tonne quarried stone 5 miles only for it to sit in the sand. The list on unexplained archaeology goes on but still no one has barely investigated the timeline, let alone why there are pyramids all over the world, the biggest now being found in Bosnia, not Egypt anymore.


If you spent some time other than on pseudo scientific conspiracy websites you'd know that the "Bosnian pyramids" are natural formations, things other people call hills.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
User avatar
Oldskeptic
 
Posts: 7395
Age: 63
Male

Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#98  Postby LucidFlight » Jul 26, 2014 3:48 am

rustneversleeps83 wrote:Can you demonstrate or provide articles on how supposedly primitive humans quarried, cut and moved a 1000 tonne stone 5 miles?? I do not know who, why, let alone how they (which could be aliens?? or extremely intelligent and mathematical humans? even tho that would completely contradict the theory of evolution) Majority of these ancient monuments have exact and perfect alignment with stars and planets or with the case of the Ajanta caves, the summer and winter solstice each year align perfectly with the sun each year hitting a designated spot in two intricately separate cave temples so detailed, with nothing added in and solely carved from the existing mountain, I have to doubt humans made all nine of these caves just like I have doubts that humans moved a 1000 tonne quarried stone 5 miles only for it to sit in the sand. The list on unexplained archaeology goes on but still no one has barely investigated the timeline, let alone why there are pyramids all over the world, the biggest now being found in Bosnia, not Egypt anymore.

@darthhelmet:
In fact we have evidence of the very quarries they mined the stones out of, with some of the stones being still half done showing exactly how they did it. No need for aliens, just humans and time.


I'm guessing your referring to Easter Island, where you're correct it's highly likely humans or inhabitants at the time were the ones who quarried, carved, and moved those 10-20+ feet stone carvings. Without even considering how or why they even stumbled on Easter Island one has to primarily ask why they were spending so much energy making these structures and moving most to the edge of the island facing away. Why would this be such a priority for them? As for for the pyramids, even though science has done studies with small replicas, to this day NO ONE has been able to even replicate constructing, (let alone moving the stones) even a small pyramid. Until this is achieved it is not a feasible or testable hypothesis for science to say humans made them.

Anyone here familiar at all with Sumeria, one of the first civilizations we recognize as being able to read and write??


Image
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10773
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#99  Postby Fallible » Jul 26, 2014 8:02 am

Ah, wonderful stuff. Until someone reconstructs building a pyramid 'science' can't say they were built by humans, so aliens. :clap:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51106
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: My exchange with Lloyd Pye (UFO/Big Foot conspiracy nut)

#100  Postby Shagz » Jul 26, 2014 8:29 am

You'd think that, if the gods came down from the heavens, levitated stones, and built the pyramids with their magic, the awe-struck Egyptians would have left behind some artwork depicting the event.
User avatar
Shagz
 
Posts: 897

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest