NASA: EM Drive shown to work in space-like vacuum

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: NASA: EM Drive shown to work in space-like vacuum

#61  Postby electricgravity1 » Nov 06, 2016 6:11 pm

ITS OUT
NASA RELEASE THEIR PAPER ON EMDRIVE
RESULT : EMDRIVE THRUST CONFIRMED

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7kgKi ... ktQlU/view

To all those on Rationalskeptic, but more to those on Physics Forums who have systematically suppressed discussion of EMDrive for the last 10 years asserting that it was charlatan science :

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

fuck you, and all your like minded scum that infest science forums and administration. You never have and never will understand the minds of good scientists and and engineers. You might think you are being unique with your crap on the forums, but we have to put up with scum like you everyday, not just on the forums, but at work where you constantly annoy us your eternal lack of understanding mixed with childish lust for authority over people who can actually get shit done that couldn't be done before.

YOU
were the ones who fucked up. And now the head of your religion - the high priests at the church of NASA - have come out and confirmed EMdrive. How are you going to do a 180 out of all the BS you've given experimenters and EMdrive proponents over the years?

Its going to be fun browsing all the ass-hurt on this new wave of so-called science forums that just mock actual new science.
Get grovelling, you've got a back log of months to do.

A site that was quick to pick up the news.
http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/11/ne ... ce-of.html
Mainstream media will pick it up in the next few days.
electricgravity1
Banned Sockpuppet

Name: henry

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Nothing to see people, just another suicide driveby.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#63  Postby newolder » Nov 06, 2016 6:22 pm

6 Sept. 2016

No launch date has been set just yet, but it could happen in as soon as six months' time. …

ScienceAlert source
Has the device reached orbit then?
Did it accelerate as claimed? :ask:

ETA Posted after Thomas Eshuis. Sorry.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#64  Postby Arcanyn » Nov 07, 2016 4:24 am

electricgravity1 wrote:ITS OUT

To all those on Rationalskeptic, but more to those on Physics Forums who have systematically suppressed discussion of EMDrive for the last 10 years asserting that it was charlatan science :

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

fuck you, and all your like minded scum that infest science forums and administration. You never have and never will understand the minds of good scientists and and engineers. You might think you are being unique with your crap on the forums, but we have to put up with scum like you everyday, not just on the forums, but at work where you constantly annoy us your eternal lack of understanding mixed with childish lust for authority over people who can actually get shit done that couldn't be done before.

YOU
were the ones who fucked up. And now the head of your religion - the high priests at the church of NASA - have come out and confirmed EMdrive. How are you going to do a 180 out of all the BS you've given experimenters and EMdrive proponents over the years?

Its going to be fun browsing all the ass-hurt on this new wave of so-called science forums that just mock actual new science.

Post reeks of insecurity.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#65  Postby kiore » Nov 08, 2016 1:14 am

electricgravity1 wrote:ITS OUT

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

YOU

!
MODNOTE
Electricgravity1, in the above post you abuse and insult members here, this is not the level of discourse expected. I strongly suggest you read the Forum Users Agreement FUA before post again.
Folding@Home Team member.
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
kiore
Senior Moderator

Print view this post

#66  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Nov 08, 2016 1:25 am

It's the caps, bolded large text and maniacal laughter that convinced me of his reasoned argument.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#67  Postby laklak » Nov 08, 2016 5:43 am

Had me at the caps, the rest was just gravy.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby BWE » Nov 08, 2016 8:18 am

Eclectic gravy
BWE

Print view this post

#69  Postby electricgravity1 » Nov 08, 2016 8:31 am

Emdrive is one of the most important inventions in mankinds history. It is so revolutionary that the sheep refuse to believed it works, even when evidenced for 10 years. Now the current lord of the sheep, NASA, have come out in support of Emdrive. A big occasion one might think.

What is RS's response? Will they for once, rise from the gutter and acknowledge and applaud one of the most fabulous inventions of all time?

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Nothing to see people, just another suicide driveby.

No.

Not one RS resident member is interested in science or tech. Emdrive doesn't mean anything to them.

There is only one RS response to anything of value. Dismiss it with a quip. As if to say : " This subject is beneath me ".
Woah you must be important. Either that or its a cry for attention that is so ingrained its pathological, so you go about dismissing everything in reality as unworthy of your attention and don't even know you're doing it.

No surprise.
electricgravity1
Banned Sockpuppet

Name: henry

Print view this post

#70  Postby Scar » Nov 08, 2016 8:54 am

Trollolol
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#71  Postby Fallible » Nov 08, 2016 9:43 am

Oh god, it's spreading.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#72  Postby TopCat » Nov 08, 2016 9:11 pm

I have to say, I do quite like EG1, in the sense that if he dropped round my house I'd give him a cuddle and a nice cup of tea.

He is, obviously, either a troll, or barking mad (or, lest Hackenslash berate me for my false dichotomies, somewhere in between) but buried in his asinine rantings there is a point that we'd do well not to ignore. The history of science is truly littered with resistance to new ideas, and the persecution of the good guys from Galileo to Barry Marshall.

Gotta admit, I would find it hugely amusing if someone came up with some really solid evidence for Telepathy, Cold Fusion, Emdrive, or similar - that would force science to reinvent itself on the scale of relativity or quantum mechanics.

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be fab.

Sadly, however, EG1 provides neither evidence nor prediction to support his wurblings. So I'm not ready to bet any actual money that he's any different from the usual crowd of rambling internet imbeciles.

Keep trying though, it's all good stuff until Undercover Elephant pops up again.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#73  Postby tolman » Nov 12, 2016 7:44 pm

TopCat wrote:The history of science is truly littered with resistance to new ideas, and the persecution of the good guys from Galileo to Barry Marshall.

Though Galileo's persecution was by a church who used persecution as its chief weapon. No, one of its chief weapons.

As for Barry Marshall, he was disbelieved until after he demonstrated he was right, but such skepticism, while sometimes annoying, is also understandable in medicine. I'm not sure having to wait a while before being believed is really 'persecution', nor is even being disbelieved rudely, or out of hand.
What would be persecution would be things like people campaigning to stop someone testing out their ideas.

When it comes to the EM drive, people seem to be doing tests (even though there often seem to be issues replicating results) which seems to be science doing what it's supposed to do.
Shawyer doesn't seem to have done himself any favours by appearing to hype things somewhat.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#74  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Nov 13, 2016 12:25 am

tolman wrote:
Though Galileo's persecution was by a church who used persecution as its chief weapon. No, one of its chief weapons.

I recall that they had three primary weapons: Surprise, soft pillows, comfy chairs, and persecution.

Damn. Let's start over.
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#75  Postby twistor59 » Nov 13, 2016 9:36 am

The exotic explanations have started:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1604.03449

This is cheaper than actually setting stuff up to actually try and reproduce the effect/demonstrate there is no effect!
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#76  Postby Rumraket » Nov 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Interesting stuff. Supposing it really works, what is the level of thrust one can expect from such a device? The idea of "bouncing photons" with a weak bias in their direction seems unbelievably weak unless you have a gigantic radiation source that continously throws photons at you (like a solar sail).
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#77  Postby Alan C » Dec 01, 2016 9:46 am

BWE wrote:Eclectic gravy

Arse gravy.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#78  Postby DavidMcC » Dec 17, 2016 1:52 pm

twistor59 wrote:The exotic explanations have started:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1604.03449

This is cheaper than actually setting stuff up to actually try and reproduce the effect/demonstrate there is no effect!

I hasten to point out that I have no connection whatsoever with this ME McCulloch character!
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#79  Postby DavidMcC » Dec 17, 2016 5:14 pm

I note that the NASA paper was co-authored by none other than Harold White. Say no more! :roll:
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Pseudoscience