One bang one process.

Evolution.

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: One bang one process.

#1841  Postby pfrankinstein » Jan 30, 2022 6:08 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:Suppose I ask you a seemingly innocuous question.

Suppose I placed a book on your desk 'fly fishing by j R Hartley' say.

Now the question; How did that book come into existence?

Paul.

I asked you a question which you did not answer. Furthermore, I know how to search the internet for Hartley and fly fishing. Answer my question and we'll talk more. Otherwise, take your class clown act elsewhere.

The question I posed was my attempt to gain insight into your depth of thinking and perception.

Paul.

Don't hurt yourself in the, um, attempt. So you'd like to qualify me as an interlocutor. Called it, didn't I? Narcissism.

My narcissistic behaviour is brought about by the amount of abuse I get here in the thread.
It has got to the point where I just skim read posts.

https://youtu.be/i0GW0Vnr9Yc
pfrankinstein

Name: paul

Print view this post

Re: One fang one abscess

#1842  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 30, 2022 6:14 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:

My narcissistic behaviour is brought about by the amount of abuse I get here in the thread.

What about your feeble attempts to qualify your interlocutors? How's that tie in with this so-called abuse?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#1843  Postby pfrankinstein » Jan 30, 2022 6:21 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
fluttermoth wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:

I asked you a question which you did not answer. Furthermore, I know how to search the internet for Hartley and fly fishing. Answer my question and we'll talk more. Otherwise, take your class clown act elsewhere.

The question I posed was my attempt to gain insight into your depth of thinking and perception.

Paul.

By referencing an advert from the 1980s :?

Deep, man, deep :lol:

Apparently, it's something that can sit in somebody's library. Unlike Paul, the book has its own wikipedia page.

See, this is the deficiency of playing knowledge-base games on the internet. All you can test is somebody's skill at looking stuff up. Paul purports to gain insight into someone's depth of thinking by seeing how good a reference librarian he is. Same as with the old red-yellow-blue stuff that was also from the 80s. Now that we know what impresses our Pauly, we can get back to physics humour, unless he wants to discuss Zemeckis' Back to the Future trilogy, or a John Hughes teen romancer, or whether the diver played by Jenny Seagrove in Local Hero was really a mermaid. Our Pauly has his 3 millimeters to gauge the depth of somebody's encyclopedic knowledge of 80s trivia.

How the book came into existence if far more complex than just googling the life and times of the author. The evolution of the spoken word, written word, printing press. If the author is human then the answer to the question is ultimately linked to mankind's question of existence.

Paul
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#1844  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 30, 2022 6:24 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
fluttermoth wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:

Paul.

Apparently, it's something that can sit in somebody's library. Unlike Paul, the book has its own wikipedia page.

See, this is the deficiency of playing knowledge-base games on the internet. All you can test is somebody's skill at looking stuff up. Paul purports to gain insight into someone's depth of thinking by seeing how good a reference librarian he is. Same as with the old red-yellow-blue stuff that was also from the 80s. Now that we know what impresses our Pauly, we can get back to physics humour, unless he wants to discuss Zemeckis' Back to the Future trilogy, or a John Hughes teen romancer, or whether the diver played by Jenny Seagrove in Local Hero was really a mermaid. Our Pauly has his 3 millimeters to gauge the depth of somebody's encyclopedic knowledge of 80s trivia.

How the book came into existence if far more complex than just googling the life and times of the author. The evolution of the spoken word, written word, printing press. If the author is human then the answer to the question is ultimately linked to mankind's question of existence.

Paul

Give us a break, Paul. Is this really the hill you want to die on, the way you're going to show that you're thinking deeply about something? You're going to do it by collecting the electronic equivalent of yellowing newspaper clippings from decades ago in a big envelope in order to explore mankind's question of existence?

:rofl: :clap: :dance: :rofl: :clap: :dance: :rofl: :clap: :dance: :rofl: :clap: :dance: :rofl: :clap: :dance: :rofl: :clap: :dance:

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#1845  Postby Greg the Grouper » Jan 30, 2022 6:32 pm

I just got the image of a folder called EVIDENCE with a bunch of popsci articles talking about things with no relation to each other along with a notepad file theorizing how Darwin sought to cripple our capacity for greater understanding.
The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
Greg the Grouper

Name: Patrick

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1846  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 30, 2022 6:40 pm

Greg the Grouper wrote:I just got the image of a folder called EVIDENCE with a bunch of popsci articles talking about things with no relation to each other along with a notepad file theorizing how Darwin sought to cripple our capacity for greater understanding.

I know this isn't quite 80s enough. In fact, it's not 80s at all.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#1847  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 30, 2022 6:55 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
How the book came into existence if far more complex than just googling the life and times of the author.

Surely you must know that others have thought about this before you, and some great sentences have been written about books and about authorship, and about existence, from the angle of entanglements in the past. I'm not trying to give the ultimate verdict on fragments of the past, so I haven't read Proust, for example. Perhaps you should read more, and yammer less.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#1848  Postby hackenslash » Jan 30, 2022 7:18 pm

newolder wrote:He's going to need a bigger lure. :doh:

Aye, be like sittin' on a razor blade.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#1849  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 30, 2022 7:22 pm

fluttermoth wrote:

What's kind of relevant is that in that advert the man was desperately looking everywhere to find a book he had written and published. When you can't even find your own vanity publication, that's really telling you how valuable your ideas are to others. :naughty2:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1850  Postby pfrankinstein » Jan 30, 2022 7:24 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:

What about your feeble attempts to qualify your interlocutors? How's that tie in with this so-called abuse?

Your right I need to knuckle down: Primal

primal
[ˈprʌɪm(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE
relating to an early stage in evolutionary development; primeval.
"primal hunting societies"
synonyms:
original · initial · early · earliest · first · primitive · primeval · primary

Oxford dictionary.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#1851  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 30, 2022 7:24 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:

You're such a world class victim, Paul!

pfrankinstein wrote:It has got to the point where I just skim read posts.

Whereas, in reality, we can all read back to the beginning of this thread from ELEVEN YEARS AGO, and see that you've never once paid attention to anything that other people write.

That 'skimming' element is why you are unable to grow - you believe you know everything, and are too full of yourself to realize how much you could learn from others.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1852  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 30, 2022 7:26 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:

Nah, I already subsumed this light-weight attempt at encapsulating the answer - as I told you, this book came into existence because the universe began.

I'm surprised you forgot your own vapid blag.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1853  Postby pfrankinstein » Jan 30, 2022 8:00 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:

Yes I know, Primal selection needs qualifying.

Ns is an umbrella term.

Multi-faceted.

Likewise PS the same.

An all encompassing Broad qualifying answer would be mine.

But then the argument of how this 'nut and bolt' relates to the evolution of the motor car crops up.

The Earth burped as it cooled where is 'primal selection' in that example.

Same thing.

Paul.

Easy prey for the food fighter.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#1854  Postby pfrankinstein » Jan 30, 2022 8:08 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:

Nah, I already subsumed this light-weight attempt at encapsulating the answer - as I told you, this book came into existence because the universe began.

I'm surprised you forgot your own vapid blag.

This is Paul's sister. He saw your reply well done.

Paul. :smile:
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#1855  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 30, 2022 8:17 pm

Ns is an umbrella term.

No, it's very specific to the point of being described most thoroughly with equations. And none of this is at all new - we're talking nearly a century ago.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1856  Postby Greg the Grouper » Jan 30, 2022 8:19 pm

Did I finally get to see Paul's sister post!?

Does she usually sign her posts as Paul?
The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
Greg the Grouper

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1857  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 30, 2022 8:21 pm

But then the argument of how this 'nut and bolt' relates to the evolution of the motor car crops up.

While you work that out, I am just going to pop down the river to withdraw some money as a river is lined with banks.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1858  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 30, 2022 8:24 pm

Greg the Grouper wrote:Did I finally get to see Paul's sister post!?

Does she usually sign her posts as Paul?

Yes, yes Paul does sign his fake sister's posts as himself.

The key thing to remember here, and possibly to respond to future repetitious assertions from Paul is...

The only person you're fooling into believing you're credible is you.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1859  Postby pfrankinstein » Jan 30, 2022 8:29 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Ns is an umbrella term.

No, it's very specific to the point of being described most thoroughly with equations. And none of this is at all new - we're talking nearly a century ago.

Dissecting and unifying, use of the broad key characteristics of the process to measure the process by itself. Pointing out that natural selection has itself advanced . With that plotting by triangulation a hitherto possible undiscovered type of SELECTION. The logical appropriation of the primary colours. Nothing new.

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#1860  Postby Greg the Grouper » Jan 30, 2022 8:31 pm

Ah, yes. Dissecting the topic by painting it with the broadest possible brush to the point where we know little to nothing about it. Brilliant.
Greg the Grouper

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience