QuWave Defender

Protect yourselves from psychotronic attacks!

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Ironclad, Onyx8

QuWave Defender

#1  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Facebook ads are sometimes among the most hilarious. Today it gave me an ad for QuWave a gadget that protects against electronic harassment, psychotronic and psychic attacks. No need for a tin foil hat anymore! You can have a new QuWave Defender and all your psychic etc. problems will disappear!

There are 3 models, the most powerful of which costs a mere $499!

http://www.quwave.com/defender.html

:rofl:

Oh man, this is most hilarious... Solfeggio frequencies. This was my LOL of the day. How can people believe all that shit?
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: QuWave Defender

#2  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 13, 2012 2:44 pm

I have fours pins in my skull, they can do all that and more...they can give me a damn headache most of all.

I wonder how much fear people have to live in to think 499 dollars is a good buy?
DarthHelmet86

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Darkchilde wrote:Facebook ads are sometimes among the most hilarious. Today it gave me an ad for QuWave a gadget that protects against electronic harassment, psychotronic and psychic attacks. No need for a tin foil hat anymore! You can have a new QuWave Defender and all your psychic etc. problems will disappear!

There are 3 models, the most powerful of which costs a mere $499!

http://www.quwave.com/defender.html

:rofl:

Oh man, this is most hilarious... Solfeggio frequencies. This was my LOL of the day. How can people believe all that shit?

Look if people can vote for Romney there must be a market.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
[/i]
Scot Dutchy

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Regina » Oct 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Disclaimer

The products and the claims made on or through this website, emails, publications, or advertisements have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.

The information presented is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should not use any of the information for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should not stop taking any medication without first consulting your physician.

Consult a physician before using this product if you have any medical condition whatsoever, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem, or if you are pregnant, or if taking any kind of medication.

In accordance with FDA regulation, we do not make any therapeutic claims regarding the health benefits of any products. If you have any medical problems, please be advised to contact your doctor.

Results vary with every individual, and your results may or may not be different from those depicted. No promises, guarantees or warranties, whether stated or implied, have been made that you will produce any specific result, as a result of purchasing our products or using information from our website/email.

Information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice.

from the website
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 13, 2012 3:08 pm

:this:

An idiots still buy them.
There was a similer thing on the BBC's Watchdog.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
[/i]
Scot Dutchy

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Sovereign » Oct 13, 2012 4:37 pm

One thing I've learned over the last few years is that you can say pretty much anything you want to in a print add as long as you've got a robust disclaimer somewhere on your site. People never read those and when it doesn't work, you ca always point to the disclaimer.
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Ironclad » Oct 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Information may contain technical inaccuracies
.. no shit. :facepalm:

I have carried a psychic-attack defender for a number of years now, it is called a Farking Brain. Some idiots may like to engage one.

Idiots.
"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"We all feed on death, even vegetarians" - Spock

"Sometimes you just have to bow to the absurd" - Picard
Ironclad

Name: Irradiant Troglodyte
Male

Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Made of Stars » Oct 13, 2012 9:22 pm

My tin-foil hat cost a damn sight less than $499. Just sayin' :coffee:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Rhubis » Oct 13, 2012 10:18 pm

A device that protects against psychic attacks!? Sold! Personally i've had to beat back psychic attacks with circles of crystals and prayer. Its a good thing these people came along with some solid science to help me out! Urgh sarcasm overload.

I honestly have no idea how these douchbags can live with themselves scamming people out of so much money for a product that they know can't work.
I dilute information with bullshit to make homeopathic posts.
Rhubis

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby laklak » Oct 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I've been considering building a Crystal Healing Bed, I saw one on Penn & Teller's Bullshit. Basically you lie on a bed and a specific program of crystal enhanced lights play across your body. IOW its got flashing colored light bulbs. The woman that owned it charged $200 an hour for "treatments".

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest to take moron money.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#11  Postby byofrcs » Oct 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Wow, someone has combined Reiki with a QuWave harmoniser. Double down the stupid..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpgA-vtKbTQ[/youtube]
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Rhubis » Oct 15, 2012 12:08 pm

One of the testimonials for this is a guy claiming that since he bought the QuWave defender he hasn't been hearing voices in his head... I'm not sure what to make of that.
Rhubis

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Rhubis wrote:One of the testimonials for this is a guy claiming that since he bought the QuWave defender he hasn't been hearing voices in his head... I'm not sure what to make of that.

There are 2 explanations I can think of. One is that the guy is just acting, a number of actors do these kinds of advertisements to help pay the rent. Or the guy went to his doctor and is taking his medicine, so he is not hearing any voices any more.
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Rhubis » Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Darkchilde wrote:
Rhubis wrote:One of the testimonials for this is a guy claiming that since he bought the QuWave defender he hasn't been hearing voices in his head... I'm not sure what to make of that.

There are 2 explanations I can think of. One is that the guy is just acting, a number of actors do these kinds of advertisements to help pay the rent. Or the guy went to his doctor and is taking his medicine, so he is not hearing any voices any more.

3. the voice in his head was saying "Buy the QuWave defender!" over and over and is now satisfied.

Do the kind of mental illnesses that result in "hearing voices" get better with the placebo effect? I haven't seen many studies on the placebo effect with severe mental illness.

Although we could both be wrong and the device is stopping the government from beaming things into his head... Tin foil hat on standby.
Rhubis

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Imp » Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Wow. The amount of bullshit they could cram into that site is astonishing.
Even creationism evolves - Mr P (Grizby)
:offtopic:

THWOTH wrote:Devil spawn kitty killer! :mad:
Imp
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby AntiCyborg » Nov 19, 2012 8:30 pm

QuWave Experiments using Stress Test E-Meter

Due to the fact above I wonder that nobody supposed that this could be a scientology product.
AntiCyborg

Print view this post

Return to Pseudoscience