Rick Simpson: claimed cancer cure

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Rick Simpson: claimed cancer cure

#41  Postby Fallible » Jun 24, 2020 5:54 pm

‘Just because I am an expert...’ :lol: What do they think doctors have been doing for 5 years before becoming doctors, sitting around with their thumbs up their arses? I’m polite to people who offer advice, but inside I’m not as charitable as you are. I’ve always had a problem with people who try to assume the role of teacher but know less than I do. I find it arrogant, condescending and disrespectful. I research a lot, a lot about my condition. I despise that sorrowful brow they put on which says ‘aww, you’re just not aware of all the alternative medicine that could help you and too upset to give it a chance’. No, I’m really aware. I know of all the miracle ‘cures’ currently doing the rounds. I’m also more knowledgeable about my illness than any of them with their apple cider vinegar and bits of stick.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby laklak » Jun 24, 2020 6:07 pm

I saw a package of "apple cider vinegar with mother detox" at the grocery store. It was a box with 10 little packets of apple cider vinegar (with mother!), 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) each. Price was $12.99. You can buy a 24 ounce bottle of apple cider vinegar (with mother!) for $4.99.

People are so fucking stupid.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#43  Postby BWE » Jun 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Fallible wrote:‘Just because I am an expert...’ :lol: What do they think doctors have been doing for 5 years before becoming doctors, sitting around with their thumbs up their arses? I’m polite to people who offer advice, but inside I’m not as charitable as you are. I’ve always had a problem with people who try to assume the role of teacher but know less than I do. I find it arrogant, condescending and disrespectful. I research a lot, a lot about my condition. I despise that sorrowful brow they put on which says ‘aww, you’re just not aware of all the alternative medicine that could help you and too upset to give it a chance’. No, I’m really aware. I know of all the miracle ‘cures’ currently doing the rounds. I’m also more knowledgeable about my illness than any of them with their apple cider vinegar and bits of stick.

Yeah. I know pretty much everything about the miracle cures too. They all make the rounds on the forums and there's always at least a dozen people who have tried them and reported their results. I've tried several of the diets and had a little bit of success with one called whole 30 but it's actually unreasonable to keep it up indefinitely in a house with lots of people which is my current situation and the payout is minimal for massive investment. However, at this point, pot is basically the miracle cure. It only treats the symptoms but my disease basically is its symptoms so I am good. It does sometimes suck to have to wreck my brain for 2 hrs at an inopportune time but that's very rare since I've learned to dose carefully in the morning and evening, under the advice of a doctor i should add. You'd think figuring out dosing would be relatively easy but i have to say, not sure i would have figured it out without a dr helping. It's too easy to settle on something that seems to work. Going through life perpetually stoned would have been pretty terrible for me. I guess some people would like it.
BWE

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Pseudoscience