The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Is Universe expansion in Euclidean space or not expansion in hyperbolic space?

Universe is expansion in Euclidean space
4
67%
Universe is not expansion in hyperbolic space
2
33%
 
Total votes : 6

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#41  Postby chairman bill » Oct 19, 2011 11:07 am

allenliou wrote:We are not in the same world. There is no way to talk in same languige. You keep your own way, and I keep my.


Wow. Talk about fucked up. I'm not a physicist, but I can smell bullshit when it's dumped in front of me.

Let me ask you again, allenliou, when is your paper going to be subject to the scrutiny of a peer review panel for Science or Nature?
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28335
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#42  Postby allenliou » Oct 19, 2011 11:47 am

chairman bill wrote:
allenliou wrote:We are not in the same world. There is no way to talk in same languige. You keep your own way, and I keep my.


Wow. Talk about fucked up. I'm not a physicist, but I can smell bullshit when it's dumped in front of me.

Nature?


You say fuck again, Do you want me to fuck you a thousand times?
allenliou
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Allen Liou
Posts: 32

Country: US
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#43  Postby chairman bill » Oct 19, 2011 11:54 am

I'm sure you'd like that, but no thanks, not my kind of thing. I note though, that you're avoiding the question. When is your paper going to be subject to the scrutiny of a peer review panel for Science or Nature?
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28335
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#44  Postby Jumbo » Oct 19, 2011 11:55 am

Its two different people saying it. You may need to do 500 each. :whistle:
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
User avatar
Jumbo
 
Posts: 3599
Age: 42
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#45  Postby allenliou » Oct 19, 2011 12:05 pm

chairman bill wrote:When is your paper going to be subject to the scrutiny of a peer review panel for Science or Nature?


Thanks for your concern, I am working.
allenliou
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Allen Liou
Posts: 32

Country: US
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#46  Postby theropod » Oct 19, 2011 12:10 pm

allenliou wrote:
chairman bill wrote:
allenliou wrote:We are not in the same world. There is no way to talk in same languige. You keep your own way, and I keep my.


Wow. Talk about fucked up. I'm not a physicist, but I can smell bullshit when it's dumped in front of me.

Nature?


You say fuck again, Do you want me to fuck you a thousand times.



Allenliou,

First of all I'm not a moderator, but I think someone needs to offer you some advise, so here goes.

Can you clam down a little? You came here of your own free will. Many people here use words that you may find offensive but these words are not intended the way you're taking them. Earlier you went off on the Metatron because he used the word "fuck", and now you're upset because chairman bill is calling your thinking "fucked up". I doubt very much that anyone here is seriously interested in physically fucking you. Your position, on the other hand, is open to some serious ass pumping. Any position put forward here that fails to address empirical evidence is liable to get a raw ass. If you didn't bother to research the way folks interact here, like using adult words, you have only yourself to blame. I'm sure the moderation team will advise you to review the FUA (Forum Users' Agreement), but I suggest you go back and look at that set of rules to which you agreed when you signed up for membership here. The link to this document is at the top of EVERY PAGE displayed here. You can then offer your apology to the individual members, and forum, for failing to to act in a manner ruled by reason based on a full understanding of the FUA.

As for your proposals...
They are fucked up.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7529
Age: 67
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#47  Postby allenliou » Oct 19, 2011 12:15 pm

theropod wrote:
allenliou wrote:
chairman bill wrote:

Wow. Talk about fucked up. I'm not a physicist, but I can smell bullshit when it's dumped in front of me.

Nature?


You say fuck again, Do you want me to fuck you a thousand times.



Allenliou,

First of all I'm not a moderator, but I think someone needs to offer you some advise, so here goes.

Can you clam down a little? You came here of your own free will. Many people here use words that you may find offensive but these words are not intended the way you're taking them. Earlier you went off on the Metatron because he used the word "fuck", and now you're upset because chairman bill is calling your thinking "fucked up". I doubt very much that anyone here is seriously interested in physically fucking you. Your position, on the other hand, is open to some serious ass pumping. Any position put forward here that fails to address empirical evidence is liable to get a raw ass. If you didn't bother to research the way folks interact here, like using adult words, you have only yourself to blame. I'm sure the moderation team will advise you to review the FUA (Forum Users' Agreement), but I suggest you go back and look at that set of rules to which you agreed when you signed up for membership here. The link to this document is at the top of EVERY PAGE displayed here. You can then offer your apology to the individual members, and forum, for failing to to act in a manner ruled by reason based on a full understanding of the FUA.

As for your proposals...
They are fucked up.

RS


I don't like people say fuck to me. will you clam down other people a little?

Let them apology to me first, And I will do my apology .
allenliou
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Allen Liou
Posts: 32

Country: US
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#48  Postby lobawad » Oct 19, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm a fan of the idea of a hyperbolic universe.

Then again, I'm a fan of hyperbole, wonton metalepsis, untrammeled exaggeration, orgies of tasteless punning, big fuck-ugly hats, and seasick rococo spandrels, so what do you expect.
"Never give succor to the mentally ill; it is a bottomless pit."
- William Burroughs
lobawad
 
Name: Cameron Bobro
Posts: 2545

Country: Slovenia
Georgia (ge)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#49  Postby theropod » Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm

allenliou wrote:

I don't like people say fuck to me. will you clam down other people a little?


No, I won't even attempt to control, or even influence, the words others use. I see no indication that the other members participating in this thread are not calm. The only emotional outburst I've seen have been found in your posts. Those folks are not attacking you, or suggesting intimate relations with you. What they are doing is displaying disgust with your position. The fact that you don't like the word "fuck" has nothing to do with anything. That's all your problem and I suggest you either get past this internal issue or find a forum wherein such language isn't allowed. Again, you have no one to blame but yourself for not being prepared to deal with the possibility that such words would be used in reaction to your position and notions.

Got it?

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7529
Age: 67
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#50  Postby chairman bill » Oct 19, 2011 12:31 pm

allenliou wrote:
chairman bill wrote:When is your paper going to be subject to the scrutiny of a peer review panel for Science or Nature?


Thanks for your concern, I am working.


Maybe we've got some English comprehension issues here. When a sentence ends with a question mark, thus ?, it indicates that the preceding sentence constitutes a question. As you can tell by the presence of a question mark at the end of my sentence, it was not a statement of concern. As for the fact that you are working, does this mean you're working, but posting on the internet whilst supposedly 'working', or that you are in fact working on a paper for submission to either Science or Nature? Please note, this is another question.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28335
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#51  Postby twistor59 » Oct 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Jumbo wrote:
If the space of the Universe is an Elliptical space. The space is finite. All the light in the space will be circle forever unless stop by some object and never come out of space. When we see anything from the east, we may not see it right away from the west. But we will see it same day. Beside this, sun and galaxies generate the light all the time. And the light never goes out of universe. Do you know what will happen? The Universe will be bright all the time. There is no day and night.

If the space is finite then the path of a given photon is liable to hit the edge of space. If infinite this is not an issue.


Hmm, he's not exactly using standard terminology, but I guess "elliptical" means "positive spatial curvature", and "finite" really means "compact", so he's talking about a universe with spatial topology S3. And what ? Olber's paradox by the sounds of it. But fortunately the S3 metric has an expanding scale factor in front of it which prevents us frying in a photon bath. Or maybe it really is static with S3 topology, and that's why we see global warming.... :shock:
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
User avatar
twistor59
RS Donator
 
Posts: 4966
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#52  Postby allenliou » Oct 19, 2011 12:35 pm

How about this, and one others
The_Metatron wrote:and award his own prize to whoever the fuck he wants...
allenliou
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Allen Liou
Posts: 32

Country: US
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#53  Postby twistor59 » Oct 19, 2011 12:35 pm

chairman bill wrote:
allenliou wrote:
chairman bill wrote:When is your paper going to be subject to the scrutiny of a peer review panel for Science or Nature?


Thanks for your concern, I am working.


Maybe we've got some English comprehension issues here. When a sentence ends with a question mark, thus ?, it indicates that the preceding sentence constitutes a question. As you can tell by the presence of a question mark at the end of my sentence, it was not a statement of concern. As for the fact that you are working, does this mean you're working, but posting on the internet whilst supposedly 'working', or that you are in fact working on a paper for submission to either Science or Nature? Please note, this is another question.


I thought that the question mark at the end of a sentence meant that your tone inflected upwards ? Like you were always asking a question ? You know ? Like Aussies do all the time ? :hide:
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
User avatar
twistor59
RS Donator
 
Posts: 4966
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#54  Postby theropod » Oct 19, 2011 12:44 pm

allenliou wrote:How about this, and one others
The_Metatron wrote:and award his own prize to whoever the fuck he wants...


What about it?

Have you not been reading the posts I've made? Is English not your first language?

The_Metatron did not attack you. Get over it already. People here use words as they see fit and until such time as these people violate the FUA they are not restricted to refrain from what you find offensive. Some of us find absurd positions far more offensive than simple words. I count myself among them.

I refuse to participate in this off topic bullshit further.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7529
Age: 67
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#55  Postby Jumbo » Oct 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Hmm, he's not exactly using standard terminology,

That is true!

It did seem like Olbers paradox to me too but as you demonstrate theres plenty of ways round it. Though i have to say its only a matter of time before Fox News or some other similar group tries your global warming line! :lol:
The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm

1. Write down the problem.
2. Think very hard.
3. Write down the answer.
User avatar
Jumbo
 
Posts: 3599
Age: 42
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#56  Postby allenliou » Oct 19, 2011 1:04 pm

chairman bill wrote:
allenliou wrote:
chairman bill wrote:When is your paper going to be subject to the scrutiny of a peer review panel for Science or Nature?


Thanks for your concern, I am working.


Maybe we've got some English comprehension issues here. When a sentence ends with a question mark, thus ?, it indicates that the preceding sentence constitutes a question. As you can tell by the presence of a question mark at the end of my sentence, it was not a statement of concern. As for the fact that you are working, does this mean you're working, but posting on the internet whilst supposedly 'working', or that you are in fact working on a paper for submission to either Science or Nature? Please note, this is another question.


Don't be too picky, English not my first language.

Yes, I am working on a paper for submission to either Science or Nature.
Last edited by allenliou on Oct 19, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
allenliou
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Allen Liou
Posts: 32

Country: US
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#57  Postby orpheus » Oct 19, 2011 1:11 pm

lobawad wrote:I'm a fan of the idea of a hyperbolic universe.

Then again, I'm a fan of hyperbole, wonton metalepsis, untrammeled exaggeration, orgies of tasteless punning, big fuck-ugly hats, and seasick rococo spandrels, so what do you expect.


Want some popcorn?

:popcorn:

(Uncle Orph'sTM popcorn - "the snack for those of refined taste" )
“A way a lone a last a loved a long the”

—James Joyce
User avatar
orpheus
 
Posts: 7274
Age: 56
Male

Country: New York, USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#58  Postby chairman bill » Oct 19, 2011 1:19 pm

allenliou wrote:Don't be too picky, English not your first language.
Yes it is my first language, but I gather it's not yours. Irrespective of that, a question mark is a question mark, and if you are conversing in English, you should at the least, acquaint yourself with some of the standard punctuation marks

allenliou wrote:Yes, I am working on a paper for submission to either Science or Nature.
Let us know how you get on. I suspect that your rejection letter will not include the word 'fuck', so you should be OK with it. Assuming you take rejection well.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
User avatar
chairman bill
RS Donator
 
Posts: 28335
Male

Country: UK: fucked since 2010
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#59  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 19, 2011 1:20 pm


!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Allenliou, in this post of yours: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/physics/the-2011-of-the-nobel-prize-for-physics-is-a-mistake-t26290-20.html#p1035846, you are personally attacking another member of this forum. You have done the same via PM. This is an advisory, and I strongly suggest that you read the forum rules, which you can find here: Forum User's Agreement

Please be advised that continuing with this sort of behaviour or other rule violations may lead to further sanctions such as warnings and suspensions from the forum.

Please do not comment on moderation in this thread. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to PM me or another moderator for this subforum, or start a thread in the Feedback section of the forum.
User avatar
Darkchilde
RS Donator
 
Posts: 9015
Age: 52
Female

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The 2011 of the Nobel Prize for physics is a mistake

#60  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Apparently, Allen hasn't met Goldenmane or Hackenslash yet.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
User avatar
The_Metatron
Moderator
 
Name: Jesse
Posts: 21223
Age: 58
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest