Unbelievable Mathematics

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Unbelievable Mathematics

#1041  Postby Someone » Apr 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Fallible wrote:Yes, I'd noticed you're here less. What was your one sentence review?

I'll try to get that here on Saturday. I keep adding new stuff. Apparently, for example, an old friend (out of touch) of somebody I saw on television once, from Tijuana, is going to be my California (national) wife and the two parts (USA and Mexican) are going to unite in 2059. :doh:
Proper name: Toon Pine M Brown ---- AM I A WOMAN or working intimately on medical ethics?! No Period, No Say About Certain Things. Is my social philosophy. Everyone has a Hell here, so why add one to the mix if you don't need?
Someone
Banned User

Name: James

Morocco (ma)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#1042  Postby blindfaith » Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm

has anyone seen my sandwich?
The best explanation for the absence of convincing reasons for god's existence is god's nonexistence

john shook
blindfaith

Name: darren
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1043  Postby Someone » Apr 26, 2014 7:04 pm

The 'capsule review' was "How a non-virgin, aided by honor-killing traditions and a conveniently obtuse despised wealthy gentleman, protects herself and her brothers while destroying a town, as told by an obsessed historian"

The first calculation I did with this omitted the 'n' in '-virgin' and used 33 as terminal punctuation, yielding 3*3210631*P258. Corrected, the calculation failed to finish in a reasonable time, but placing 42 at the end produced 2*11*233*P264.
Today I did a little more, and with 4444s appended the thing factors with 2 of these as 4*92347*P268; and the big prime has 11111 running from digits 110 through 114, and two 777s and a 999 as the complete complement of triple digits. With more 42s appended, the number is 2*prime for 10 and for 19 copies and no other reasonably small number of them. Obviously, none of this is Earth-shatteringly important, but a little humorous.
Proper name: Toon Pine M Brown ---- AM I A WOMAN or working intimately on medical ethics?! No Period, No Say About Certain Things. Is my social philosophy. Everyone has a Hell here, so why add one to the mix if you don't need?
Someone
Banned User

Morocco (ma)
Print view this post

#1044  Postby Someone » Jun 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Tech is ultra-low. Would appreciate number of page having underbar value (time).
Someone
Banned User

Morocco (ma)
Print view this post

#1045  Postby BlackBart » Jun 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Yep. That's what my Granny always used to say.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1046  Postby jamest » Jun 16, 2014 7:00 pm

I was bored once and managed to figure-out that the world's population could all fit onto the Isle of Wight, though it would be a squeeze.

Leave this guy to me.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1047  Postby catbasket » Jun 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Wow, jamest, I didn't realize you were that old -

The primary engine of the novel's story is overpopulation and its projected consequences,[2] and the title refers to an early twentieth-century claim that the world's population could fit onto the Isle of Wight – which has an area of 381 square kilometres (147 sq mi) – if they were all standing upright.

When's your centenary? :mrgreen:
catbasket

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#1048  Postby jamest » Jun 16, 2014 7:14 pm

Hmm, I hadn't realised that other people had once been as bored as me. I'll also have to check my maths because I figured-out that you could get well over 6 billion on there at less than 1.5 people per square yard.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1049  Postby catbasket » Jun 16, 2014 7:35 pm

I think you probably need to allow more room for the expanding waistlines of the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
catbasket

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1050  Postby jamest » Jun 16, 2014 7:42 pm

catbasket wrote:I think you probably need to allow more room for the expanding waistlines of the late 20th and early 21st centuries.

I did - my calculations were for low-tide.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1051  Postby catbasket » Jun 16, 2014 7:48 pm

:thumbup:
catbasket

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1052  Postby Someone » Jun 17, 2014 11:33 pm

BlackBart wrote:..and the award for creepiest and most disturbing post goes to...

Solved: American football needs randomized positions. [Same Page As Something]
Someone
Banned User

Morocco (ma)
Print view this post

#1053  Postby Someone » Jun 17, 2014 11:36 pm

Someone wrote:Thanks. That's really kind of you. Next time I meet an alien, I'll share your liver and kideys with him (her, it, whatever), and that goes for everyone else who's masturbated here instead of recognizing that I was already doing most of the work (or seemed to). :clap:

How does one spell 'potatoes'?
Someone
Banned User

Morocco (ma)
Print view this post

#1054  Postby Someone » Jun 17, 2014 11:38 pm

I'll see if I can do without it. Then come back if not. The 'medium' capital (capitol?) shift is 340, apparently. Owing to the high degree of coincidence I see in some of my stuff, I do need to do some hand-checks regularly, but it looks like I'm facing just a bizarre link with extra-terrestrial psychological tools. The particular coincidence producing this 340 is such. Randomized football is just a logical induction/thought/idea, unless better that the sport be shut down. I have no coincidence supporting this, and I don't necessarily think it requires to much for those knowing the game to see that it would be a natural restraint. Somewhat off-topic, but....
Someone
Banned User

Morocco (ma)
Print view this post

#1055  Postby BlackBart » Jun 18, 2014 10:10 am

Someone wrote:
Someone wrote:Thanks. That's really kind of you. Next time I meet an alien, I'll share your liver and kideys with him (her, it, whatever), and that goes for everyone else who's masturbated here instead of recognizing that I was already doing most of the work (or seemed to). :clap:

How does one spell 'potatoes'?

p, o, t, a, t, o, e, s

No, don't thank me. :hand:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#1056  Postby Blackadder » Jun 18, 2014 10:21 am

Someone wrote:I'll see if I can do without it. Then come back if not. The 'medium' capital (capitol?) shift is 340, apparently. Owing to the high degree of coincidence I see in some of my stuff, I do need to do some hand-checks regularly, but it looks like I'm facing just a bizarre link with extra-terrestrial psychological tools. The particular coincidence producing this 340 is such. Randomized football is just a logical induction/thought/idea, unless better that the sport be shut down. I have no coincidence supporting this, and I don't necessarily think it requires to much for those knowing the game to see that it would be a natural restraint. Somewhat off-topic, but....

Sopwith corenwyn mandingo turbo-charger. In particular, sporting anorak miscalculation raised to the power 8. Shakespeare differential calculus Thames riverboat, viz:

888*24,458,217 gives residential halibut. Then by using Solzhenitsyn transformation, reduce to atomic jabberwocky.

Negative beast emerges from the Garbunkel leather manbag. This shows Xerxes gelignite flowerpot. Specifically 6.54545.

Bo.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1057  Postby BlackBart » Jun 18, 2014 10:30 am

888*24,458,217 gives residential halibut

I think you find it gives effervescent guillemot.

Amateur. :roll:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1058  Postby Blackadder » Jun 18, 2014 11:04 am

BlackBart wrote:
888*24,458,217 gives residential halibut

I think you find it gives effervescent guillemot.

Amateur. :roll:

Only when passed through a reflexant anti-symmeter, grasshopper. Linearipole humming buffet.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1059  Postby Fallible » Jun 18, 2014 11:11 am

Casserole.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1060  Postby BlackBart » Jun 18, 2014 11:19 am

:shock: :nono: