Collective Consciousness App....oh Gawd

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Collective Consciousness App....oh Gawd

#1  Postby kennyc » Feb 02, 2014 11:29 am

if Dean Radin is behind it.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

No Longer Science Fiction: Start-Up Unveils Radical Consciousness Technology
Posted: 01/29/2014 3:51 pm

The world reads news together. The world listens to music together. But can the world feel together? And furthermore, can this shared awareness - this collective consciousness - actually impact the physical world?

What would you do if you could tap into that collective consciousness?

Hardware hacker Adam Michael Curry wants to do just that, by releasing a smartphone app based on scientific research that suggests human consciousness can influence physical reality.

The app, aptly called Collective Consciousness, is already generating some serious buzz around its potential. It's backed by a team of leading consciousness researchers and Silicon Valley techies, including Dean Radin of IONS, Robert Jahn of Princeton University, and Joey Primiani - Lady Gaga's own tech boy genius.

Here's the idea. Laboratories like Princeton University's PEAR lab, the Institute of Noetic Sciences, and others have been doing experiments to look at how deeply consciousness (our minds) are connected to the fabric of physical reality. They've shown some interesting results that our minds can have an unexplained ordering affect on chaotic systems. The Global Consciousness Project has been showing that a few dozen such systems, called random number generators spread around the world can produce anomalies when global events happen that polarize human attention. Most famously during the attacks of 9/11.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gregory-w ... 88935.html

link to the app page: http://www.consciousness-app.com/
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
kennyc

Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Collective Consciousness App....oh Gawd

#2  Postby Rumraket » Feb 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Not this stupid random number generator consciousness crap again. :crazy:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#3  Postby kennyc » Feb 02, 2014 2:15 pm

'fraid so....

:(
Kenny A. Chaffin
kennyc

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby John Platko » Feb 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Very interesting. Anybody going to download the app and have a go at experiencing it for themselves?

It's nice to see that science is still chewing on Jung's ideas.

From
http://www.consciousness-app.com

Some organizations have claimed that mass meditation can have a small impact on the world... could an experiment with this app measure it? If mass consciousness effects are real, do they diminish with distance from a polarizing event, or do they follow more non-local principles? Does this shed any light on the wisdom traditions like Buddhism in the east, or Jungian psychology in the west? These are some of the questions we could start to answer with this project.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby chairman bill » Feb 03, 2014 2:38 pm

The Institute of Noetic Sciences provides a logistical home for the GCP. It is not a project of Princeton University.

My bold. Fanciful imaginings, hiding behind a smokescreen of academic legitimacy.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby kennyc » Feb 03, 2014 2:43 pm

chairman bill wrote:
The Institute of Noetic Sciences provides a logistical home for the GCP. It is not a project of Princeton University.

My bold. Fanciful imaginings, hiding behind a smokescreen of academic legitimacy.

yep
Kenny A. Chaffin
kennyc

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby John Platko » Feb 03, 2014 3:13 pm

kennyc wrote:
chairman bill wrote:

yep

Bollocks! There's no smokescreen, all the information you need to see who is involved is clearly made available.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience