Iatrogenic seeds and psychoactive medication.

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Iatrogenic seeds and psychoactive medication.

#41  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Fallible wrote:You think a number of things roundly contradicted by facts. Today, you think you're qualified to diagnose personality disorders because a part of your degree was in psychology, and you think psychoanalysts can diagnose personality disorders.

I did not write that fal. I said might it be appropriate to term myself a part qualified psychoanalyst, given that is my vocational target.

You can only be diagnosed with a personality disorder by a mental health professional, such as a psychiatrist – not by your GP.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/personality-disorders/#.WmzEpK5l9dg

neologisms,

Sometimes they're unavoidable imo...

That's exactly the point. You haven't been able to avoid them.

I never claimed to know every word in the english language - but I'm not going to give up on expressing a thought just because I don't know the right word.

You drunk now?

Stone cold sober - not a drop.

imo imo?

lol

You didn't answer my question.

:eh:
The only people who think the killing of George Floyd was racist are racists.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby Fallible » Jan 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Schizophrenia is not a viral infection Fallible. I mean - if you thought the tracheotomy metaphor was a stretch...

If I think it was a stretch...what? Recovery and cure are not the same thing. Do you not think the common cold is a serious enough condition to illustrate that? We don't have to use it. Would you prefer asthma? Ebola? These are both serious diseases from which an individual can recover, but for which there is no cure.

Shrunk wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:Still not the faintest hint of the development of psychosis......give it a month and I'll be out of the woods. :)

Afraid not. It could take months, even years. But it also might never happen. The odds are just against that.

So answer me this doubters - if somebody diagnosed with schizophrenia stops taking antipsychotics and lives for 50 more years before dying, without experiencing any symptoms, is it not fair to say they are cured? Is it really such an inappropriate use of the word? Really?[/quote][/quote]

Are you drunk now? Because this is pretty disjointed. This is the illness you have had, but you seem to think psychosis is the only symptom. Not experiencing psychosis is not the same as not experiencing any symptoms. A cure us something that is administered to the individual to make an illness go away. Antibiotics cure bacterial infections. Recovery is the improvement over time of an illness. Do you really not get this? Really?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Fallible » Jan 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:You think a number of things roundly contradicted by facts. Today, you think you're qualified to diagnose personality disorders because a part of your degree was in psychology, and you think psychoanalysts can diagnose personality disorders.

I did not write that fal. I said might it be appropriate to term myself a part qualified psychoanalyst, given that is my vocational target.

It isn't appropriate.

You can only be diagnosed with a personality disorder by a mental health professional, such as a psychiatrist – not by your GP.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/personality-disorders/#.WmzEpK5l9dg

Yes. Psychoanalyst. Psychiatrist. These are two different words.

neologisms,

Sometimes they're unavoidable imo...

That's exactly the point. You haven't been able to avoid them.

I never claimed to know every word in the english language - but I'm not going to give up on expressing a thought just because I don't know the right word.

Irrelevant. Now you're sober, go back and read some of your recent abortions about 'player hating', and while you're at it, your random ramblings in the Feedback section where you post a series of meaningless rhymes, knows as 'clang' - a symptom of schizophrenia.

You drunk now?

And yet you've used imo 4 times so far.

imo imo?

lol

You didn't answer my question.

:eh:

I asked you what someone would get from diagnosing you with a condition you don't have.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#44  Postby surreptitious57 » Jan 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
I said might it be appropriate to term myself a part qualified psychoanalyst given that is my vocational target

You cannot label yourself something you are not and it would be entirely inappropriate to do so so please dont
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#45  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 27, 2018 8:17 pm

Fallible wrote:

Yes. Psychoanalyst. Psychiatrist. These are two different words.

Such as a psychiatrist. I mean...are you being deliberately argumentative? Are you capable of agreeing with me ever about anything?
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#46  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Fallible wrote:

Irrelevant. Now you're sober, go back and read some of your recent abortions about 'player hating', and while you're at it, your random ramblings in the Feedback section where you post a series of meaningless rhymes, knows as 'clang' - a symptom of schizophrenia.

A - I was drunk.
B - All my posts make perfect sense to me even when sober. Just because one cannot discern meaning does not mean meaning is AWOL.

You drunk now?

Blimey; you'd have gone down a treat in the Stazi. So I might have used imo a bit too much recently...therefore schizophrenia? :roll:

I asked you what someone would get from diagnosing you with a condition you don't have.

We all make mistakes and not all opinions are formed due to an agenda.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#47  Postby Fallible » Jan 27, 2018 8:27 pm

KIR. You want to be a psychoanalyst. May I make a suggestion? You might want to find out what they do first.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby surreptitious57 » Jan 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
So answer me this doubters - if somebody diagnosed with schizophrenia stops taking antipsychotics and lives
for 50 more years before dying without experiencing any symptoms is it not fair to say they are cured

It is a false analogy because not experiencing symptoms does not mean they re cured
A schizophrenic who no longer has any psychotic episodes will still be a schizophrenic
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#49  Postby Fallible » Jan 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:

A - I was drunk.
B - All my posts make perfect sense to me even when sober. Just because one cannot discern meaning does not mean meaning is AWOL.

You see how useless it is to try and diagnose when youre not qualified?

You drunk now?

Blimey; you'd have gone down a treat in the Stazi. So I might have used imo a bit too much recently...therefore schizophrenia? :roll:

See above.

We all make mistakes and not all opinions are formed due to an agenda.

Is that what you think happened to you? Someone made a mistake and planted the seed that you were ill when you weren't?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Their mistake was telling me...or at least that's the message I perceived...that I'd have to take antipsychotics for the rest of my life.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#51  Postby surreptitious57 » Jan 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
All my posts make perfect sense to me even when sober

But they should make sense to everyone else not just you
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#52  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Even 5 year olds and people who don't know current UK urban street slang or aren't used to rap lyrics? In an ideal world yes posts would be intelligible to all - unfortunately communications have and always will be hampered in these and similar ways.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#53  Postby Fallible » Jan 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Their mistake was telling me...or at least that's the message I perceived...that I'd have to take antipsychotics for the rest of my life.

Well which is it? Because at least one of them wasn't their mistake.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#54  Postby surreptitious57 » Jan 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
In an ideal world yes posts would be intelligible to all
unfortunately communications have and always will be hampered in these and similar ways

Your posts and only yours are indecipherable because they are incoherent rambling spontaneous streams of consciousness
You could become a better communicator by just using language more rigidly and only posting when you are calm in mind
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#55  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Schizophrenia is not a viral infection Fallible. I mean - if you thought the tracheotomy metaphor was a stretch...

Shrunk wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:Still not the faintest hint of the development of psychosis......give it a month and I'll be out of the woods. :)

Afraid not. It could take months, even years. But it also might never happen. The odds are just against that.

So answer me this doubters - if somebody diagnosed with schizophrenia stops taking antipsychotics and lives for 50 more years before dying, without experiencing any symptoms, is it not fair to say they are cured? Is it really such an inappropriate use of the word? Really?

Yes, because that isn't what the word means. At any point, they could experience symptoms. If they were cured, they could not experience them. Is this really so difficult for you to understand?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 28, 2018 2:14 am

Fallible wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:Their mistake was telling me...or at least that's the message I perceived...that I'd have to take antipsychotics for the rest of my life.

Well which is it? Because at least one of them wasn't their mistake.

Fine then - "I was left with the impression that..."
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#57  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 28, 2018 2:15 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
In an ideal world yes posts would be intelligible to all
unfortunately communications have and always will be hampered in these and similar ways

Your posts and only yours are indecipherable because they are incoherent rambling spontaneous streams of consciousness
You could become a better communicator by just using language more rigidly and only posting when you are calm in mind

So you can always parse all of jamest's posts can you sur?
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#58  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 28, 2018 2:23 am

Fallible wrote:
You see how useless it is to try and diagnose when youre not qualified?

There's a difference between diagnosing a specific (or even generalised) mental illness based on some internet posts and doing it based on 100s of hours of one on one in the flesh dialogue. This is some kind of variation of an appeal to authority which you keep banging on about fal. If somebody studied and digested all the material which is present in a training course which leads to an official qualification, and much more material beyond that, but outside an official training course, why would they be ineffective at practising the skills learnt compared to somebody who acquired similar skills within official channels?
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#59  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 28, 2018 2:24 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:

Shrunk wrote:

So answer me this doubters - if somebody diagnosed with schizophrenia stops taking antipsychotics and lives for 50 more years before dying, without experiencing any symptoms, is it not fair to say they are cured? Is it really such an inappropriate use of the word? Really?

Yes, because that isn't what the word means. At any point, they could experience symptoms. If they were cured, they could not experience them. Is this really so difficult for you to understand?

Oh dear :doh:
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#60  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 28, 2018 2:31 am

Fallible wrote:..you seem to think psychosis is the only symptom. Not experiencing psychosis is not the same as not experiencing any symptoms.

Do you really think I don't know that fal? Psychosis (the primary positive symptom) was used as an illustrative example in order to make the point more expediently - I didn't think anybody would be pedantic enough to take issue with the fact the other positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia weren't listed...
Last edited by Keep It Real on Jan 28, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience