people debilitated by anomalistic experiences

Support for us people who are debilitated because of anomalistic experiences like synchronicity.

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: people debilitated by anomalistic experiences

#21  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 26, 2019 2:19 am

musicmatters wrote:Good point. I thought about it that way too. I try to rationalize all these events by bringing it back to the subconscious. If there's a rational explanation, then it's all down to the subconscious. But sometimes it just seems like things were impossible to know with just the subconscious.

I'd suggest it's only as impossible as knowing it consciously.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#22  Postby musicmatters » Mar 19, 2020 2:15 am

Good day to you. After continuing to go through these horrible synchronicities non stop i decided to do more research this year to try to figure this thing out, and what i found out during my research is a thing called "gangstalking"

Im trying to be rational and not believe in anything like that, but this thing has gotten so bad that I'm at the point where I'm actually considering it. On the gangstalking website I visited it described exactly what I'm going through word for word. I'm trying to be rational but the synchronicities are happening at such an alarming rate and they are so uncanny that it's impossible to be rational. As I did more research I found out many other p ople who are going through this also came to this gangstalking conclusion.

Some people are saying they are demons and other people are saying it's the government.

I almost committed suicide a few months ago because of this and I was close to doing it again today. I don't want to do it again.

I'm agnostic and don't want to believe in any type of religion, but people are saying demons are causing this and it's really messing with my mind. With the way these synchronicities are happening, I'm starting to believe it could be true.

I need some urgent help to get my mind to a rational state and I don't want to take medicine or be locked in a psychward. But I feel that's the road I'm on right now.

Over tried to accept intuition, as well as confirmation bias, but this thing comes in waves and acts as if it has a mind of its own. I don't know how much more I can take.

I have 2 links that I want to share with you. The first one is from the gangstalking website that explains in detail the exact experiences that I'm going through. And the second link is a video of a Christian man explaining how this all is caused by demons.

Please check out these links and see if you can bring me any type of rationality from them. I need rational people from sites like these to really help me see clearly right now. Because I don't know what is real right now.
I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

1st link: http://gangstalkingillusions.simplesite.com/429413066

2nd link: https://youtu.be/ybRJnvWpVSg
musicmatters

Name: jay

Print view this post

#23  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Mar 19, 2020 2:27 am

Seek professional help. This forum is not going to provide the help you need.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 19, 2020 2:31 am

musicmatters - sharing this kind of information on a webforum is not going to help you, and it's also exposing us to risk. There is nothing anyone here can do to help you even with the best will in the world; we're not professionally trained. What you need to do is take this information to a doctor and let them diagnose and help you.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#25  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 19, 2020 2:34 am

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 19, 2020 1:14 pm

musicmatters - I've been sectioned a number of times after suffering paranoid "persecution complex" type psychosis for many years. I have been fine now for at least a couple of years however, I am VERY happy to report, having accepted that I need a (small) dose of olanzapine (an antipsychotic drug) each day. The medication has no large side effects and is infinately preferable to being lost in paranoid madness, as I'm sure you can appreciate. The moral of the story? Don't write off meds - there is a strong likelihood, IMO, they're EXACTLY what you need. Good luck with everything, bws, KIR
Dinosaurs = atheism
Keep It Real
Banned User

Print view this post

#27  Postby Fallible » Mar 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Musicmatters, you will not find anyone here who can help you. You are extremely unwell, and need to go to the doctor straight away. Sometimes we have to do things we don’t want in order to get better. The way you describe things, it’s hard to see how meds or a psych ward could be worse than what you are suffering right now. Please get in touch with the people who are trained to help you, right away.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#28  Postby finder » Dec 01, 2020 5:04 am

musicmatters wrote:No actually he has a rational explanation that I hope is true. He went through it as well and came up with his theory after. Actually he challenges the supernatural explanations for this phenomena and tries to put it in the realm of materialistic science. He's basically saying that with the current understanding of materialistic science it allows for us to create these events ourselves through pattern recognition and by being able to control 3-6 percent of our environment naturally. He says it's us who are causing the events, and it has alot to do with the subconscious processing. I find it very interesting because many time it does feel like I'm actually causing the events to happen with my own thoughts instead of just predicting them. It's as if I'm putting them in the air myself.

And it never happens when I consciously force it, it's always when I'm in a subconscious state. It's like while in this subconscious state something tells me something is going to happen next and then it's all automatic and happens in the next seconds. But you never can force it. Everybody who has gone through this have said similar things, so it's worth looking into for a good discussion.

Kirby explains it alot better than me. But his explanation is veryone of the only reasons I've not ended my life over this. I would love for a rational person like you and others here to check it out and let me know your opinion so we can have a discussion over it.

I also look forward to hearing from more people who have experienced these things wheather through drug use, mental illness or just occasionally with a healthy mind.

in the past i used to think of this as being caused by the RAS The reticular activating system

but the RAS theory does not explain how it can happen to think of somebody you have not met for 10 years and suddenly meeting them or being broke telling nobody and suddenly getting an old check from your ex-employer.. confirmation bias? selection bias? i mean those would explain random things in daily life and pattern recognition but not snychronicities where you suddenly meet an old friend you havent seen for 10 years (on a distant holiday island) the same day you were randomly thinking of him

http://www.humantruth.info/selection_bias.html

there are many rational theories trying to exlain such things by logic yet none has managed to fill in the gaps
finder

Czech Republic (cz)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Spearthrower » Dec 03, 2020 5:28 am

finder wrote:...but not snychronicities where you suddenly meet an old friend you havent seen for 10 years (on a distant holiday island) the same day you were randomly thinking of him

Which is, of course, also plausibly selective bias - in fact, one might say that this is practically an object example.

You may well have thought of that friend many times over the years and not bumped into him, but those thoughts not encountered in conjunction with meeting that friend are consequently not relevant to your inner narrative and thus don't form long-term memories; the numerous misses are forgotten, but the single hit is conceived of as being of vital importance.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#30  Postby Fenrir » Dec 04, 2020 2:23 am

finder wrote:

there are many rational theories trying to exlain such things by logic yet none has managed to fill in the gaps

And they never will.

The gaps are in your head.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience