Resignation Syndrome

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Resignation Syndrome

#21  Postby Keep It Real » Oct 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Swedes sit as far away as possible from one another on public transport, we write passive-aggressive notes to our neighbours instead of confronting them

I was also surprised to find that visiting friends involved prior planning. You can't just show up at the door.

Swedes are good with general chit-chat as long as it doesn't get too personal. They say what they have to say, nothing more, nothing less and they don't talk if they don't have to. Even people you know will ask you how you feel, do so more to be polite than because they actually care. People seem kind of isolated, everybody doing their own thing in a strict manner following almost robotic routines. People here aren't spontaneous – you plan even the smallest thing weeks in advance.

Every house has the same decorations and everybody's dedicated to having them all up.

https://www.vice.com/sv/article/4wmnd9/immigrants-shocked-about-swedish-culture-972
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Keep It Real » Oct 28, 2017 8:20 pm

My Danish friends say: “The Swedes are a bit stuck-up and boring”

https://www.thelocal.se/20080519/11874
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Keep It Real » Oct 31, 2017 2:34 am

Maybe Sweden's just so fucking boring these kids feel there's no point in living?

This seems a likely factor now....maybe tying in with relativistic habituation; but the kids don't cut off because Sweden is so relatively happy compared to their historical suffering, more that it is boring/cold/dead compared to their exciting (sic (sorry))/traumatic/lively past.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 02, 2017 2:51 am

Boring/cold....what's the difference?
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 02, 2017 3:05 am

Where the fuck are chairman bill and samsa?
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 02, 2017 3:28 am

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF this forum needs new/more blood...can people even register? Black Bart suggested they couldn't I seem to recall
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Keep It Real
Suspended User

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience