Suicide and Bodily Autonomy

When do we have the right to intervene

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Suicide and Bodily Autonomy

#101  Postby Agrippina » Nov 03, 2018 7:54 am

Indeed. I now even have a little black dog I can hold, cuddle, and play with whenever I feel the negative thoughts invading. In a way, getting an actual black dog has made me able to fight the one in my mind. My very special emotional support animal:

Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#102  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2018 8:03 am

Agrippina wrote:Indeed. I now even have a little black dog I can hold, cuddle, and play with whenever I feel the negative thoughts invading. In a way, getting an actual black dog has made me able to fight the one in my mind. My very special emotional support animal:

Can't wait to get a dog of my own.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#103  Postby The_Metatron » Nov 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Dogs are better people than people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#104  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Nov 03, 2018 11:07 pm

That is a stupidly cute dog.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#105  Postby Agrippina » Nov 04, 2018 7:58 am

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:That is a stupidly cute dog.

You have no idea how cute. He leaps onto the bed in the morning to help me make it, then rolls around on the mess he's made of the linen, and wriggles and almost giggles when I tickle him. He also rolls on his toys on the floor with the little leggier waving around inviting more tickles. My son plays tug o' war with him with his mop, he growls then can't decide whether to growl or giggle when we tickle him at the same time. I'm crazy about this living toy.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#106  Postby Agrippina » Nov 04, 2018 8:01 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

You won't be sorry. This one was at the back of the shelter waiting to be put down because no one wants a black dog. I went to see what was there, and fell in love when he leapt up to lick my face. He still does that every morning. He sleeps on my feet at the bottom of the bed, then watches me read facebook early in the morning. When I take off my glasses, and put down the phone, that's the signal for morning kisses. So wonderful. Luckily he's small, and only two years old, so I'm anticipating growing really old with his child loving me.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#107  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 04, 2018 8:45 am

Agrippina wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

You won't be sorry. This one was at the back of the shelter waiting to be put down because no one wants a black dog.

:crazy:

Agrippina wrote:I went to see what was there, and fell in love when he leapt up to lick my face. He still does that every morning. He sleeps on my feet at the bottom of the bed, then watches me read facebook early in the morning. When I take off my glasses, and put down the phone, that's the signal for morning kisses. So wonderful. Luckily he's small, and only two years old, so I'm anticipating growing really old with his child loving me.

:thumbup:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#108  Postby tuco » Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm

The debated "view of current society and the medical community" - the view of societies we live in - is probably to a large extent culturally conditioned, and is possibly influenced by religious doctrines of our past. If so, it can change. Till then, hang on.
tuco

Print view this post

#109  Postby bogdan9310 » Mar 02, 2019 1:38 pm

I think we should not force someone who doesn't want to live, an exit pill would be an good idea.
bogdan9310

Name: Bogdan Bacosca
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience