The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#121  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 03, 2018 9:35 am

When I get discharged from hospital it's on olanzapine and lorazepam. I do really badly with med changes. As soon as the fatigue has lifted but the low mood hasn't, my risk of self-harm skyrockets. To safely get through that window of time I need the lorazepam to knock down anxiety and the olanzapine to ensure I sleep. I'm a pretty low energy individual. Add the lorazepam to that and 10 mg or olanzapine knocks me out for ten hours.

Olanzapine has been a lifesaver for me when I've needed it. I've not struggled with side effects on it but I've not been on it for months at a time.
User avatar
Rachel Bronwyn
 
Name: a certain type of girl
Posts: 12981
Age: 31
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#122  Postby Keep It Real » May 03, 2018 7:35 pm

I've had three big meals today, a whole packet of biscuits and some of my friend's homemade cakey things. I swear I'm putting on weight already. At least I'm not fucking nuts though now...I think...didn't know you suffered too with this kind of stuff Rach : (
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8694
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#123  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 03, 2018 9:02 pm

It's not something I discuss much. People are too eager to write off my thoughts and feelings as products of mental illness and therefore invalid when they know.

Don't get me started on the weight fluctuations. Uhg.
User avatar
Rachel Bronwyn
 
Name: a certain type of girl
Posts: 12981
Age: 31
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#124  Postby Keep It Real » May 03, 2018 9:14 pm

RE your first two sentences I surely relate. The black girl festival thread being a prime example, what was it 13 likes for the comment aimed at me "get help"? I don't get that stuff anymore though here as people seemed to have accepted the fact that I am often intelligent and not crazy.

I'm off to get asessed by a private psychiatrist (whatever the fuck that is) deployed by my solicitor before my next court date as all the government pros seem split down the middle as to my sanity pretty much. Fun and games for me tomorrow then eh...

I think I can handle the hunger pangs actually...just teething troubles as been there, done that, became glucose intollerant and got the T already. It gets better and easier Rach; trust me. Hang in there gal.

Reason for edits: mysterious typos etc...
Last edited by Keep It Real on May 03, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8694
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#125  Postby Keep It Real » May 03, 2018 9:35 pm

ETA 17 likes.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8694
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#126  Postby Thommo » May 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Keep It Real wrote:RE your first two sentences I surely relate. The black girl festival thread being a prime example, what was it 13 likes for the comment aimed at me "get help"? I don't get that stuff anymore though here as people seemed to have accepted the fact that I am often intelligent and not crazy.


I stopped posting such things because you throw a wobbly every time someone tells you that's what you need and it's just not worth the hassle.

You clearly need the help and the change in posting advice has nothing to do with having decided you were often intelligent and not crazy.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think you should be speaking for everyone else either.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26609

Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#127  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 03, 2018 10:25 pm

Keep It Real wrote:RE your first two sentences I surely relate.

I'm not sure how, you talk about it frequently enough that I'm pretty sure everybody here knows about it. Whereas I've seen Rachel post for years and never had any idea.

As to the second sentence, that's ridiculous. People have told you to get help because you clearly needed it, and now you're getting help. Besides, aren't you the one who's always dismissing things you say because you were having an episode/drunk/whatever?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13557
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#128  Postby jamest » May 03, 2018 11:51 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:RE your first two sentences I surely relate.

I'm not sure how, you talk about it frequently enough that I'm pretty sure everybody here knows about it. Whereas I've seen Rachel post for years and never had any idea.

As to the second sentence, that's ridiculous. People have told you to get help because you clearly needed it, and now you're getting help. Besides, aren't you the one who's always dismissing things you say because you were having an episode/drunk/whatever?

Have you ever had the help that you are advising KIR to get? If not, then you should stfu as you're not qualified to vouch for its effectiveness nor are you qualified to state that he needs the help that you advise. So, just stfu.

KIR, don't be brainwashed by these fucking parrots of society. As daft as you are, I'd rather be stuck in a lift with you than with any one of them. You're a genuine chap. I'm smart enough to know that. They're not, as they're not smart enough to know that they have coloured feathers.

You're not a dick, KIR, just because 90% of society tells you so. You're only a dick if you allow yourself to be assimilated by them. Read your history. Same ol' same ol'. Fuck em'.
Last edited by jamest on May 04, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18029
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#129  Postby Thommo » May 03, 2018 11:54 pm

And I bet he's never had heart bypass surgery either! :roll:
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26609

Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#130  Postby jamest » May 04, 2018 12:07 am

Thommo wrote:And I bet he's never had heart bypass surgery either! :roll:

Is that addressed to me? If so, then have a fuckin' word, since I'm talking about the state of one's mind/soul, not physical heart.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18029
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#131  Postby Thommo » May 04, 2018 12:43 am

You're talking bollocks. You don't need to have had a treatment to know that a treatment is efficient.

Rigorous clinical studies have been conducted for treatment programmes, whether talking therapy, psychotheraphy, counselling or drugs and someone who hasn't had these (completely real, completely physical) treatments is every bit as able to discuss and understand their efficacy as someone who hasn't.

Indeed anecdote would be of no value.

I've no idea what you think you're doing, but KIR is on a bad path. He's gone from his repeated incidents of kicking people's doors in to being up in court for ABH after his neighbour shouted at him and his girlfriend to keep the noise down (an odd choice for a professed pacifist one might think, but then again he posted several times about how she had been encouraging him to violence, which was a pretty serious warning sign a professional may have noticed in time) and he went around and kicked the shit out of him. He seriously needs help. Urgently. He not only has psychosis (which he was denying for a long time, but thankfully has admitted again recently - although we'll see if that lasts), he's also substance dependent on several things.

If he doesn't get help he's going to end up in jail. So "have a fuckin' word" with yourself eh? Maybe if you want to help, you should accept that he needs to go to a professional not listen to a crackpot on the internet who has stayed up late drinking and shitposting about how he's a genius because he never finishes the things he starts.
Last edited by Thommo on May 04, 2018 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 26609

Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#132  Postby jamest » May 04, 2018 12:58 am

Thommo wrote:...


I'm not saying that KIR doesn't have any problems. I'm just telling him not to submerge himself wholesale into your bullshit to the point that he always feels bad about himself because of 'you'. Fuck that, because you're not worthy of his sorrow for his perceived failures. If you were, you'd have more than general statistics to back you up, not least an exhibition of your own perfection. :nono:
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18029
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#133  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 04, 2018 3:49 am

jamest wrote:
Thommo wrote:...


I'm not saying that KIR doesn't have any problems. I'm just telling him not to submerge himself wholesale into your bullshit to the point that he always feels bad about himself because of 'you'. Fuck that, because you're not worthy of his sorrow for his perceived failures. If you were, you'd have more than general statistics to back you up, not least an exhibition of your own perfection. :nono:

Whereas he's got statistics, studies and observable results, you've got sweet fuck-all. You can stuff your enabling bullshit.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13557
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#134  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 5:37 am

Thommo wrote:He's gone from his repeated incidents of kicking people's doors in to being up in court for ABH after his neighbour shouted at him and his girlfriend to keep the noise down (an odd choice for a professed pacifist one might think, but then again he posted several times about how she had been encouraging him to violence, which was a pretty serious warning sign a professional may have noticed in time) and he went around and kicked the shit out of him.


One person's door and I didn't kick it in.

I assaulted him because he tore my girlfriend's internal sutures etc, not because he banged on his floor.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8694
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#135  Postby Fallible » May 04, 2018 6:26 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:RE your first two sentences I surely relate.

I'm not sure how, you talk about it frequently enough that I'm pretty sure everybody here knows about it. Whereas I've seen Rachel post for years and never had any idea.

As to the second sentence, that's ridiculous. People have told you to get help because you clearly needed it, and now you're getting help. Besides, aren't you the one who's always dismissing things you say because you were having an episode/drunk/whatever?

Have you ever had the help that you are advising KIR to get? If not, then you should stfu as you're not qualified to vouch for its effectiveness nor are you qualified to state that he needs the help that you advise. So, just stfu.

KIR, don't be brainwashed by these fucking parrots of society. As daft as you are, I'd rather be stuck in a lift with you than with any one of them. You're a genuine chap. I'm smart enough to know that. They're not, as they're not smart enough to know that they have coloured feathers.

You're not a dick, KIR, just because 90% of society tells you so. You're only a dick if you allow yourself to be assimilated by them. Read your history. Same ol' same ol'. Fuck em'.


Please, for the love of cock, shut your ignorant gob.
Sorry that you think you had it rough in the first world.
You ought to get out of that sooner than later.
Knowledge has turned into a trap; you have to slow down.
Get out of your head and spend less time alone.
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 49771
Age: 46
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#136  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 6:28 am

Thommo wrote:You're talking bollocks. You don't need to have had a treatment to know that a treatment is efficient.

Rigorous clinical studies have been conducted for treatment programmes, whether talking therapy, psychotheraphy, counselling or drugs and someone who hasn't had these (completely real, completely physical) treatments is every bit as able to discuss and understand their efficacy as someone who hasn't.

Indeed anecdote would be of no value.

I've no idea what you think you're doing, but KIR is on a bad path. He's gone from his repeated incidents of kicking people's doors in to being up in court for ABH after his neighbour shouted at him and his girlfriend to keep the noise down (an odd choice for a professed pacifist one might think, but then again he posted several times about how she had been encouraging him to violence, which was a pretty serious warning sign a professional may have noticed in time) and he went around and kicked the shit out of him. He seriously needs help. Urgently. He not only has psychosis (which he was denying for a long time, but thankfully has admitted again recently - although we'll see if that lasts), he's also substance dependent on several things.

If he doesn't get help he's going to end up in jail. So "have a fuckin' word" with yourself eh? Maybe if you want to help, you should accept that he needs to go to a professional not listen to a crackpot on the internet who has stayed up late drinking and shitposting about how he's a genius because he never finishes the things he starts.


Actually fuck it - reported. There're misrepresentations/lies/personal attacks and then there's that comment.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8694
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#137  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 6:31 am

Thommo wrote:He not only has psychosis (which he was denying for a long time, but thankfully has admitted again recently - although we'll see if that lasts), he's also substance dependent on several things.


There's also this travesty - I am sometimes psychotic: I don't have psychosis full stop. I'm also not substance dependant on anything but food, air and water.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8694
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#138  Postby Fallible » May 04, 2018 6:37 am

Yeah, you just lock your money away and tell the offy not to serve you for fun.
Sorry that you think you had it rough in the first world.
You ought to get out of that sooner than later.
Knowledge has turned into a trap; you have to slow down.
Get out of your head and spend less time alone.
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 49771
Age: 46
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#139  Postby Keep It Real » May 04, 2018 6:38 am

Tell me honestly please fal - did you "like" Thommo's post I've reported? I'd like to know before I leave the house.
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8694
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: The development of psychosis in a schizophrenic

#140  Postby Fallible » May 04, 2018 6:41 am

No comment on my post, then?
Sorry that you think you had it rough in the first world.
You ought to get out of that sooner than later.
Knowledge has turned into a trap; you have to slow down.
Get out of your head and spend less time alone.
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 49771
Age: 46
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology & Neuroscience

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest